PDA

View Full Version : Family visit visa denied

mick foreman
22nd February 2013, 22:18
My wife has just been refused a family visit visa to visit myself her husband . One of the reasons given was :- Given your sponsors limited income and resources , it is indicative that your husband might not meet the financial requirements to sponsor a settlement application to join him permananetly although given your own circumstances and lack of incentive to leave , i am not satisfied that this is not actually your true intention .
I can understand them thinking she may not return but that was never our intention I was hoping to get my wife here to see if she liked it before applying for settlement visa .
I was not very happy with this reason as i supplied proof of earnings which is my basic wage of £ 24.700 and overtime on top of this which takes that to 29, 000 to 30.000 a year . And supplied 6 month worth of bank statements showing 19.000 pounds saving ... Have the rules changed now for applying for a settlement visa as i have limited income and resources in their words ????
I thought the cut off point was 18.600 for applying for settlement visa . So will i be wasting money even bothering to apply for this type of visa shortly ????

andy222
22nd February 2013, 23:08
Maybe they thought it a bit funny that you didnt apply for a spouse visa. Your income looks good enough.

joebloggs
23rd February 2013, 11:05
its nothing to do with your income, thou you/she needs money to finance her visit, you always risk the chance of refusal for a VV for a spouse, because if your married why is your wife only visiting you and not applying for a settlement visa?
the problem is in the past some partners came on visit visa's and tried to stay applying for FLR(m) and then UKBA had to go thru a lengthy process of getting her to leave or appeals.

also if she did stay they would lose their 'entry clearance fee' which is basically the large price difference btw a settlement visa and a VV :biggrin:

rhaichard
4th March 2013, 16:57
when i came back to the Philippines last year after my visit here in Uk .. we tried to applied another visit visa but they denied it ... because they think my husband is not really serious about our relationship .. ( based on their explanation of their decision )

but whe i applied spouse visa they granted it .. but not that quick because of the wrong judgement of the financial requirement

Terpe
4th March 2013, 19:52
when i came back to the Philippines last year after my visit here in Uk .. we tried to applied another visit visa but they denied it ... because they think my husband is not really serious about our relationship .. ( based on their explanation of their decision )

but whe i applied spouse visa they granted it .. but not that quick because of the wrong judgement of the financial requirement

You've experienced a lot in your immigration journey. Some good some not.
I'm glad you've managed to find time to return and share you valuable experience. Thanks for that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Plenty of members will appreciate your support.

rhaichard
4th March 2013, 20:00
You've experienced a lot in your immigration journey. Some good some not.
I'm glad you've managed to find time to return and share you valuable experience. Thanks for that. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Plenty of members will appreciate your support.

lot of things i've experienced Terpe .. its heart breaking everytime they denied my application but at the end my husband and i handled it to be together again ..

im happy to share everything that i can share :xxgrinning--00xx3:

rhaichard
4th March 2013, 20:03
as i remember they only granted my family visit visa last 2011 because im only 20 years old ... the minimum age of getting the spouse visa at that time is 21yrs old ..