PDA

View Full Version : financial req issue

mendoza82
25th February 2013, 07:03
hello to all,my husband and i targetting after holy week to lodge my spouse visa application,we are applying for CATEGORY B since my husband have 13 payslips a year,my question is are they still gonna compute using the lowest earning month of my husbnad payslip?coz he got 1 payslip that he earned 1364.60that i worrying about..my husband got his company letter confirming that he earns 18,980 something a year though.cant help but to worry.thank you.

hawk
25th February 2013, 09:15
they will be looking at gross earning before tax if hes getting around or more £18600 you should be ok look at his p60 should tell the amount plus if you have any saving over a certain amount it will help to make up shortfall in wages others will add to this too good luck

Terpe
25th February 2013, 09:54
hello to all,my husband and i targetting after holy week to lodge my spouse visa application,we are applying for CATEGORY B since my husband have 13 payslips a year,my question is are they still gonna compute using the lowest earning month of my husbnad payslip?coz he got 1 payslip that he earned 1364.60that i worrying about..my husband got his company letter confirming that he earns 18,980 something a year though.cant help but to worry.thank you.

Category B was specifically updated in December 2012 to include those earning a variable salary.
This means that the income level can be evidenced by proof of 12 months earnings prior to the date of application.
To avoid complications just be sure that the 'computed' income level at the date of application meets the requirement.

It's good that the supporting letter from the employer will show annual earnings above the threshold.

mendoza82
25th February 2013, 14:07
thank you sir terpe for never getting tired of answering all the questions.sir hows is,the 1364.60 is less for his pension his gross earning a month is 1460 something.

mendoza82
25th February 2013, 14:11
they will be looking at gross earning before tax if hes getting around or more £18600 you should be ok look at his p60 should tell the amount plus if you have any saving over a certain mount it will help to make up shortfall in wages others will add to this too good luck

hello there,thank u for the response. my husband earning is more than the req it just that his monthly payslip, his gross income is 1460 something but in his payslip is 1,3 something because less for his pension. it really confuses me.anyway thank u

Terpe
25th February 2013, 16:02
thank you sir terpe for never get tired of answering all the questions.sir hows is,the 1364.60 is less for his pension his gross earning a month is 1460 something.

Under Category B they just check for annual earnings within the actual previous 12 month period from date of application.

There's no computation from a single month as the Category includes variable salary earners

mendoza82
2nd March 2013, 15:39
Under Category B they just check for annual earnings within the actual previous 12 month period from date of application.
There's no computation from a single month as the Category includes variable salary earners

thank you so much sir terpe, do i have to submit 13 payslips of my husband sir that is from april 2012 to march 2013 slips..thank u again sir.

Terpe
3rd March 2013, 21:09
thank you so much sir terpe,do i have to submit 13 payslips of my husband sir that is from april 2012 to march 2013 slips..thank u again sir.

If your husband has 13 payslips in the 12 month period preceding the date of application then yes.

mendoza82
5th March 2013, 08:30
If your husband has 13 payslips in the 12 month period preceding the date of application then yes.

thanks a lot sir,im sorry but im just so worried, my friend who is applying this month insisting that i get refused if i submit the 12 months payslips, because she said its clear in FM1,7 that latest 6 month payslips only to submit.but i still following what u have advised me, i know there are lot in here who asked advises to you and i know you're a big help to everyone here. SIR THANK YOU.i hope you still be around with my future questions post..

Terpe
5th March 2013, 12:32
thanks a lot sir,im sorry but im just so worried,my friend who is applying this month insisting that i get refused if i submit the 12 months payslips,because she said its clear in FM1,7 that latest 6 month payslips only to submit.but i still following what u have advised me,i know there are lot in here who asked advises to you and i know youre a big help to everyone here.SIR THANK YOU.i hope you still be around with my future questions post..

From Annex FM Section FM 1.7 - Financial Requirement - December 2012

5.2. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable salary

5.2.1. This category is used where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the point of application and has not been with the same employer and earning the salary level relied upon for at least the last 6 months. It can therefore be used by those who have been with their current employer for less than 6 months, or who have been with their current employer for at least 6 months but earning a variable salary and wish to be considered in this category rather than under Category A.

5.2.2.Under Category B, the financial requirement must be met and evidenced in two parts.

5.2.3. First, where the applicant’s partner and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with the same employer or earning the amount relied upon for less than the last 6 months, the applicant can count the gross annual salary at the date of application towards the financial requirement.

5.2.4.If necessary to meet the level of the financial requirement applicable to the application, the applicant can add to this:

- The gross amount of any specified non-employment income received by the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both jointly in the 12 months prior to the application, provided they continue to own the relevant asset (e.g. property, interest from shares) at the date of application;
- An amount based on the cash savings above £16,000 held by the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both jointly for at least the 6 months prior to the application and under their control. At the entry clearance/initial leave to remain stage and the further leave stage, the amount above £16,000 must be divided by 2.5 (to reflect the 2.5 year or 30-month period before the applicant will have to make a further application) to give the amount which can be added to income. At the indefinite leave to remain stage, the whole of the amount above £16,000 can be added to income; and/or
- The gross annual income from any State (UK or foreign) or private pension received by the applicant’s partner or the applicant.

5.2.5.Second, the couple must in addition have received in the 12 months prior to the application the level of income required to meet the financial requirement applicable to them, based on:

- The gross salaried employment income of the applicant’s partner (in the UK or overseas) and/or the applicant (if they are in the UK with permission to work);
- The gross amount of any specified non-employment income received by the applicant’s partner, the applicant or both jointly; and/or
The gross amount of any State (UK or foreign) or private pension received by the applicant’s partner or the applicant.

5.2.6.The assessment of the financial requirement will therefore be based on:

(1) The gross annual salary from salaried employment at the date of application. This source can be combined with Category C: non-employment income, Category D: cash savings and Category E: pension; and
(2) The actual gross income received from all salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application. This can be combined with the actual gross income received from Category C: non-employment income and Category E: pension over the same 12-month period. Cash savings cannot be used for (2).

It's very important to check for yourself all advice/information you receive here.
We can only point you in the right direction to secure and understand the needed information.

Your friend is not reading the FM document correctly

mendoza82
7th March 2013, 07:05
thank you sir terpe.much appreciated.god bless