PDA

View Full Version : getting the card put through your door

stevewool
28th February 2013, 20:56
dont it make you mad, you have been at work all day and you get home and there is a card,
we have a important delivery for you,
please arrange a redelivery,and its all automatic press this and that and then they can find your tracking number, then they put you thought to the office only to be told they are shut,
well will have to try tomorrow but looks like we will not get it till next week now, its the schengan we know that, but what have they given us, 1 trip or multi trips:smile:

hawk
28th February 2013, 21:16
i worked for dhl and if its to be signed for and no one home there card you unless you arrage to be signed for by a friend i know its nuts but i used to try go back if i had time after i finished my route by then most are home but not all drivers do

grahamw48
28th February 2013, 21:18
Yes, it's all streamlined 'customer service' now. :icon_rolleyes:

In other words...they don't give a damn (meaning the company...not you Hawk).

Blame it on everyone wanting stuff cheaper, and the cost-cutting competition needed to achieve that.

That's also how we ended up eating horsemeat in our bargain burgers. :NoNo:

stevewool
28th February 2013, 21:30
it would not be as bad but the tracking number will not work when you log in, if it did i could have it delivered to my work place but hay ho, life goes on

Dedworth
28th February 2013, 21:56
The Kraut lot DPD run a good system if they have your mobile number texting a day or so in advance and giving you options if you're not going to be in. Yesterday I had a delivery from them.......... at 7am they texted a 1 hour window advising delivery time with options of 1 deliver to neighbour, 2 deliver next day, 3 deliver day after next. They delivered to neighbour 5 mins into the window - German efficiency for you.

grahamw48
28th February 2013, 22:03
The Kraut lot DPD run a good system if they have your mobile number texting a day or so in advance and giving you options if you're not going to be in. Yesterday I had a delivery from them.......... at 7am they texted a 1 hour window advising delivery time with options of 1 deliver to neighbour, 2 deliver next day, 3 deliver day after next. They delivered to neighbour 5 mins into the window - German efficiency for you.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://imageshack.us/a/img266/4220/images1726375.jpg

Wish we had their speed limits too...and the Nurburgring. :smile:

Dedworth
28th February 2013, 22:08
Great pic Graham - excellent film

http://cdn-3.nflximg.com/images/1673/1061673.jpg

grahamw48
28th February 2013, 22:47
Agreed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Recognise his famous 'son' ? :biggrin:

Dedworth
1st March 2013, 09:20
Agreed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Recognise his famous 'son' ? :biggrin:

What's the connection - I've never watched that programme

grahamw48
1st March 2013, 10:46
Actually I enjoy the programme. The presenter (above) always reminds me of Terry Thomas...even talks like him. :icon_lol:

Have a look sometime. :smile:

Dedworth
1st March 2013, 10:51
Have a look sometime. :smile:

Will do - I thought it might be something to do with the German :smile:

grahamw48
1st March 2013, 10:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6NAhU7IlwE

Terpe
1st March 2013, 12:00
:laugher::laugher::laugher:

That made me laugh so much :laugher::laugher: