PDA

View Full Version : Sky buys O2 to become second-largest UK ISP

joebloggs
1st March 2013, 11:59
Sky is buying the consumer broadband arms of O2 and BE from Telefonica UK as part of a £200m deal.

The combination of the three firms' networks will make Sky the second-largest UK broadband provider, putting it in front of Virgin but still behind BT.
- See more at: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/broadband/380290/sky-buys-o2-to-become-second-largest-uk-isp#sthash.7b6s0IyV.dpuf

Dedworth
1st March 2013, 12:15
I've always been happy with o2 just locked in for another 12 months BB only £6.50 / month. This probably signals bad news for price and customer support :Erm:

andy222
1st March 2013, 12:23
Glad im on pay as you go.

Dedworth
1st March 2013, 12:50
Glad im on pay as you go.

It's just the Broadband and Home Phone bit of o2 not mobile Andy

les_taxi
1st March 2013, 17:45
Phew glad as i have brill deal on my mobile with o2:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
2nd March 2013, 00:30
I'm not happy with Sky Broadband so perhaps this might improve things. Better get their act together otherwise their getting the elbow.

Dedworth
2nd March 2013, 09:31
I'm not happy with Sky Broadband so perhaps this might improve things. Better get their act together otherwise their getting the elbow.

o2 support has always been top notch - quick answer to their freephone number, UK based staff with English as their mother tongue. Those days are numbered

joebloggs
2nd March 2013, 09:39
o2 support has always been top notch - quick answer to their freephone number, UK based staff with English as their mother tongue. Those days are numbered

tell me about it, i rang Barclay card the other day :NoNo:, I was put thru to an Indian and after 30 mins of getting nowhere regarding my inquiry:Brick:, i rang RBS and was put thru to a Brit and was told the answer straight away :xxgrinning--00xx3: