PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!

aug06_2006
3rd March 2013, 17:58
Hello guys, I'm working in care home and my mngr.appointed me to be a fire warden but I'm not confident to take the task and I don't want to be... Do I have the right to refuse the task? Can my mngr fired me if I refuse it? Please, I need your help and advice...thank you!

stevewool
3rd March 2013, 18:06
is there training to be had for this post, is there more money too, and do you have to wear a big yellow hat:xxgrinning--00xx3:
no serious ask him what it involves and what he expects from you to do this

aug06_2006
3rd March 2013, 18:37
Hello Stevewool yes there is a training next week but I'm planning not to attend...

Iani
3rd March 2013, 18:59
It sounds like it's over and above your contract of work, however maybe don't worry too much or dismiss it yet.
The fire wardens at my work, all they have to do is check designated areas are empty should the fire alarm go - and they get to wear a very fetching yellow jacket, the sort you can buy in the poundshop.

Feather in your cap for your yearly appraisals (If you get them - you can say you have taken on this extra responsibility).
See what they say

stevewool
3rd March 2013, 19:02
i am the first aid person at our works, did i want it NO i did not but i thought it may come in handy one day knowing first aid and being properly trained too,
if you are being paid for going on the course or its in work, if i was you i would go for it, it may come in handy for your future,
just my thoughts

Akilah Blythe
3rd March 2013, 19:30
Hiya, do you mind if I ask the reason why you don't want to do it?

sars_notd_virus
4th March 2013, 13:43
I wouldnt say no to any trainings they conduct from work , who knows it might be helpful someday.

bigmarco
4th March 2013, 18:37
I wouldn't panic about it. I'm sure the training will leave you feeling a lot more confident about the position :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aug06_2006
4th March 2013, 19:26
Hello guys, many thanks for your replies... @ Hi Akilah, d reason is me easily get panic thou!

aug06_2006
10th April 2013, 12:52
Thank you guys @ bigmarco, u r right! after I took my training am hav bit confident... Everytime am on duty trying not to be panic and just ride the position I have he he he

Terpe
10th April 2013, 13:08
Thank you guys @ bigmarco, u r right! after I took my training am hav bit confident... Everytime am on duty trying not to be panic and just ride the position I have he he he

Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Keep up the good work.
Never turn down any opportunities for training and further development. These opportunities can help both the employer and also can help you in many ways.

aug06_2006
10th April 2013, 14:30
Thanks Terpe it is nice to hear the encouragement...

stevecebu
11th April 2013, 20:41
Hello guys, I'm working in care home and my mngr.appointed me to be a fire warden but I'm not confident to take the task and I don't want to be... Do I have the right to refuse the task? Can my mngr fired me if I refuse it? Please, I need your help and advice...thank you!

No way can they sack you for refusing, and if they did you would be laughing all the way to the bank, just tell them why you dont want to do it and they have to help you,but hay its no big deal doing it as when it happens all the best plans will go to rat poo,:cwm23:

bigmarco
13th April 2013, 15:23

That's great news and something else to add to your CV. Well done

aug06_2006
13th April 2013, 15:41
tnx again bigmarco