PDA

View Full Version : Visa Success

sheldon1
4th March 2013, 05:24
My wife's visa arrived today. Many thanks to all on this forum for their help and support. I can honestly say that without you i would not be writing this post. I would of given up. I would not of known where to start. I must not forget the people who are now applying for their visa and if i can help in any way i will. I must clear up the issue with the Zero Hours Contract. Well we now know that you can get your visa if you work on this type of contract because i am proof.

We have some marvellous Moderators and respected members who deserve more than just a thank you. Their knowledge that they give us day day out is incredible. My upmost thanks to Terpe for his kindness and faith in my application. He was not scared to put me at bay when i really wanted to give up, which i nearly did.

Thanks again because in your own special way, You have helped to make one family in the Philippines so happy. And i can see Terpe now saying "You are not out the woods yet son"

There is still more hard work to be done!!

Thanks Again

Sheldon :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
4th March 2013, 05:33
Nice to hear your success story Sheldon and thank you for your kind words. We hope you will stick around and stay part of the forum. :smile:

marga
4th March 2013, 06:05
Congratulations Sheldon!

Well done for the zero savings! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I will be asking you more questions soon. :biggrin:

marga

gladz
4th March 2013, 07:03
Congratulations Sheldon.
Well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
4th March 2013, 07:42
congratulations sheldon :smile:

andy222
4th March 2013, 08:59
Nice one sheldon. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joannet
4th March 2013, 09:34
hi sheldon congrats on your wifes visa,
I just want to ask when is your wife file for her visa? and how long it took the processing? many thanks

KeithD
4th March 2013, 09:45
Yaaaay :Hellooo:

Who runs this forum.... I need to lick his feet :biggrin:

rhaichard
4th March 2013, 10:15
congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sheldon1
4th March 2013, 10:20
Our visa was lodged on 24/12/2012. And was dispatched on 1/03/2013

Sorry Keith. You are a unsung Hero. And all your efforts are much appreciated.

Sheldon :icon_sorry:

raynaputi
4th March 2013, 10:29
Congrats Sheldon! :Jump:

BoholoX
4th March 2013, 10:53
Congratulations Sheldon to you and your wife.

filbrit
4th March 2013, 11:18
Congrats Sheldon!
Happy days!!!!!!!! :)

Doc Alan
4th March 2013, 11:21
Great news Sheldon, congratulations :Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

Michael Parnham
4th March 2013, 12:12
Thankyou for that Sheldon and congratulations to you and your wife!

Terpe
4th March 2013, 12:20
Well done Sheldon :Jump:
Told you you'd get it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Very best wishes to you all for a bright future together.

Thanks for your kind words about the forum.
Hope you'll find time to stay around and help those who are inspired to follow you.

Well done!! :Jump:

McGregor03
4th March 2013, 12:36
Congrats Sheldon :) U deserve it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
4th March 2013, 12:55
Congratulations Sheldon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
4th March 2013, 13:04
Congrats Sheldon! Well done to you and to your wife. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
4th March 2013, 13:33
Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arjie
4th March 2013, 13:38
Congrats Sheldon..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
4th March 2013, 14:07
:xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

sheldon1
4th March 2013, 17:15
Of course i will be around, to help members on their journey. I have some tips that might help towards visa success.

We are experiencing a little hitch with our children's Passports. Our Children now British Citizens (since August) have now overstayed. This was noticed at a Travel Agency in Angeles City whilst my wife was booking the flights.

This agency is the one i use to extend my visa etc. They know me quite well, so they have contacted immigration at Clark and have managed to sort out the problem it will cost P8000. They are also arranging a bus to take my family to the Immigration office. The flights one way Ethiad to Manchester is $2050. 1 Adult 2 Children.

I thought i may have a problem with this. But not very serious.

Sheldon :doh

andy222
4th March 2013, 17:24
Great news sheldon your getting it sorted. For me it just gets worse. I had a car accident in october NHS paid me average earnings which was ok. Then I opened last months payslip. I thought this cant be right? I phoned payroll and they said we overpaid you last month so we took it back.:doh. Now I have to start all over again to get my six consecutive payslips.:doh. Will it ever happen I ask myself?

sheldon1
4th March 2013, 18:00
I am sorry to hear that Andy. I think the financial side is the key. I have worked sometimes 72 hours a week since April i have never stopped. I tell you what i did do though. I used my holiday pay on my days off. This topped up my monthly salary. Sometimes i just needed some time off.

It's hard work but it pays off in the end.

stevewool
4th March 2013, 18:18
well done, it takes time and money to get where we all want to be, but its all worth it in the end

Terpe
4th March 2013, 19:56
......I have worked sometimes 72 hours a week since April i have never stopped. I tell you what i did do though. I used my holiday pay on my days off. This topped up my monthly salary. Sometimes i just needed some time off.

I've said this to other members Sheldon, and I would like to say it to you.
You've had many many experiences in the immigration journey of your wife and family.
Lots of up's and down's but finally a great outcome.

Thanks for being here to support others and to share your experiences.

Well done from me too for your dedication to a focussed strategy.

Terpe
4th March 2013, 20:04
well done, it takes time and money to get where we all want to be, but its all worth it in the end

Very true.
I thought I'd spent a lot over the course of the journey. But these days, with 5 years to ILR the costings are out of all reality. Quite scary really.
More power to those folks who have the dedication and love to carry it through.

rhaichard
4th March 2013, 20:20

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
4th March 2013, 20:58
Yessssss
Excellent news, congrats again

sheldon1
5th March 2013, 00:05
It's so important to keep focused. And concentrate on as much evidence as you can give. Because you have to justify this at some point. Please ask because the knowledge of this forum is second to none. We have the answer now to most of your questions.

The happiness and relief i feel now is enormous. Do your homework. Be patient. But most important Ask Ask And then Ask again. You will benefit more in the end.

If i can do it. You can!!!!:smile:

Arthur Little
5th March 2013, 00:50
Congratulations and well done ... I'm sure your unflagging patience, positivity and kind words of encouragement will be of great comfort to those members about to embark on the long and tortuous immigration trail. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:68711_thanx:

sheldon1
5th March 2013, 06:08
Thank you Arthur. For your kind words.:smile:

andy222
5th March 2013, 09:39
I am sorry to hear that Andy. I think the financial side is the key. I have worked sometimes 72 hours a week since April i have never stopped. I tell you what i did do though. I used my holiday pay on my days off. This topped up my monthly salary. Sometimes i just needed some time off.

Thats what Im doing now sheldon 5 days and 1 night shift and I intend to work my holidays. I should reach the required limit easy. Having said that someone could earn £50000 per year if they havnt got 6 consecutive payslips they have had it.

joannet
7th March 2013, 09:09
My wife's visa arrived today. Many thanks to all on this forum for their help and support. I can honestly say that without you i would not be writing this post. I would of given up. I would not of known where to start. I must not forget the people who are now applying for their visa and if i can help in any way i will. I must clear up the issue with the Zero Hours Contract. Well we now know that you can get your visa if you work on this type of contract because i am proof.

We have some marvellous Moderators and respected members who deserve more than just a thank you. Their knowledge that they give us day day out is incredible. My upmost thanks to Terpe for his kindness and faith in my application. He was not scared to put me at bay when i really wanted to give up, which i nearly did.

Thanks again because in your own special way, You have helped to make one family in the Philippines so happy. And i can see Terpe now saying "You are not out the woods yet son"

There is still more hard work to be done!!

Thanks Again

Sheldon :wink::xxgrinning--00xx3:h

hi sir sheldon i just want to ask did you go to an agent to help with your wifes visa application

sheldon1
7th March 2013, 09:34
No Joannet. Every bit of information i needed was right here at this forum. Please search posts to the relevant questions you need. That's what i did.
If you get stuck, just ask. I am sure we can help you. Keep confident.

Sheldon

joannet
7th March 2013, 09:54
No Joannet. Every bit of information i needed was right here at this forum. Please search posts to the relevant questions you need. That's what i did.
If you get stuck, just ask. I am sure we can help you. Keep confident.

Sheldon
thank you sir cos i already file my visa 1month ago now,when i ask people in one agency he told to me that i dont have a chance to get my visa specially my husband is in receit of DLA they told to me that why i never go to agency to help me,

sheldon1
7th March 2013, 18:37
I see Joannet. Fingers crossed for you. Just keep confident and focused. And keep us informed as your journey continues. That comment about DLA is not true. The agency is wrong. Search the posts here on this forum reference DLA. Then aim your question at the member who answered that it in detail. Because they are more qualified to answer it than me around the DLA issue. You are not alone.:smile:

Sheldon