andy222
5th March 2013, 22:49
Dangerous play red card end of story.

les_taxi
5th March 2013, 22:50
Rubbish not when you don't see the player and no intent

andy222
5th March 2013, 22:59
Its the rules. You cant argue. And even if you did it wouldnt make any difference.

les_taxi
5th March 2013, 23:01
Yes I can its an interpretation of the rules,and it's wrong

andy222
5th March 2013, 23:03
And so is dangerous play. His studs were showing and that is dangerous play.

les_taxi
5th March 2013, 23:05
So what happens when a player scores an over head kick,his studs are showing,his foot is high-surely dangerous play-answer that one:Erm:

andy222
5th March 2013, 23:11
Thats because he connects with the ball and not another player. Answered.

les_taxi
5th March 2013, 23:17
So if we contact the ball first and then the player is that ok?

andy222
5th March 2013, 23:21
No because then it becomes dangerous play.

Jamesey
5th March 2013, 23:21
I'm not a United fan, but the sending off was harsh.

The Real player pretty much ran into Nani's boot. He didn't even know the player was there!

If that is a sending off offence, they might as well ban all overhead kicks and any raising of the boots above waist level. :doh

Also, Roy Keane is a cr*p pundit. He's just say anything that's argumentative or controversial and very rarely has any real insight. :thumbsdown:

les_taxi
5th March 2013, 23:24
Not dangerous play when you dont have any idea a player is goibg to run into you

les_taxi
5th March 2013, 23:26
Definition: Dangerous play is the act of risking injury to an opponent with a reckless or clumsy challenge.
That was not the case,he never saw the player,the player made contact with nani

andy222
5th March 2013, 23:33
He made contact with the player and like jamesey says his foot was above waist height. It is dangerous play. That is the facts.You will get over it les its just a game.:icon_lol:

les_taxi
5th March 2013, 23:40
Disagree with you but can't be arsed anymore:action-smiley-081:

andy222
5th March 2013, 23:44
Thats the spirit.:xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:

stevie c
5th March 2013, 23:53
Oh dear les dont let it get you like that theres always next year :icon_lol: :action-smiley-081:

aug06_2006
5th March 2013, 23:56
not happy! no more entertainment for us na...

andy222
6th March 2013, 00:07
Oh dear les dont let it get you like that theres always next year :icon_lol: :action-smiley-081:
Stop winding him up Stevie.:laugher:

stevie c
6th March 2013, 00:28
Andy where has les gone its all gone quiet maybe he is hoping for some fergie time :icon_lol:

joebloggs
6th March 2013, 08:50
united were unlucky :NoNo:
well there's still the premiership :biggrin:

andy222
6th March 2013, 09:15
Andy where has les gone its all gone quiet maybe he is hoping for some fergie time :icon_lol:
Maybe he is reading the rules stevie. I think there is a rule which says a Man United player should not be sent off when they are playing at home.:icon_lol:

Dedworth
6th March 2013, 09:25
Another great European night at Old Trafford :biggrin: Disgraceful scenes from Ferguson and his players at the end - charges, fines and bans should follow.

Reference the sending off - a few weeks ago van Persie "could have been killed" when a ball was kicked at his head and Ferguson said Ashley Williams should have been dismissed for violent conduct. Still as he's always maintained bad decisions even themselves out over a season :laugher:

andy222
6th March 2013, 09:30
No just a bent fuking turkish ....
:cwm23:
I think that is totally uncalled for. The guy was only doing his job.:laugher::laugher::laugher:

KeithD
6th March 2013, 09:34
Rubbish not when you don't see the player and no intent

ManU fans moaning like wolves under a full moon. :rolleyes:

It WAS a red card. The players know full well that showing high studs in European games is a yellow card, but Nani followed through kicking the guy in the chest, that is dangerous play, which has nothing to do with whether you see the guy or not, a red card offense in any game. Even Roy Keane agreed it was a definite red, and I would like to think he knows a thing or two about football and ManU.

If I seen any player do that in any game I would expect him to be sent off, you can actually kill someone with a kick to the chest.

KeithD
6th March 2013, 09:36
Definition: Dangerous play is the act of risking injury to an opponent with a reckless or clumsy challenge.

I see you agree with the rest of us with that definition. It does not mention anything to do with which way the player is looking, but it does clearly state 'risking injury' which is what his kick done. Roy Keane pointed this out with the definition as well. :smile:

andy222
6th March 2013, 10:21
I dont think you will get a discounted ride in Les's taxi boss.:icon_lol:

Dedworth
6th March 2013, 10:52
I dont think you will get a discounted ride in Les's taxi boss.:icon_lol:

Les will be boycotting the Kebab shop for the forseeable

grahamw48
6th March 2013, 11:06
:biggrin:

KeithD
6th March 2013, 11:21
Rio Ferdinand could face Uefa action over sarcastic applause of referee (http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/06/rio-ferdinand-manchester-united-real-madrid)

I said to wifey at the time he should get done for that. Disgusting :NoNo: So much for respect.

I see that a lot of ManU fans who worshipped Roy Keane now think he's a plonker for stating the obvious :icon_lol:

les_taxi
6th March 2013, 19:06
A great game robbed of the proper result,which the way united played would probably resulted in a united win,keane has issues with Man utd thats clear for all to see.
never mind I'm sure i will be smiling again come May:biggrin:

KeithD
6th March 2013, 21:39
A great game robbed of the proper result,which the way united played would probably resulted in a united win,keane has issues with Man utd thats clear for all to see.
never mind I'm sure i will be smiling again come May:biggrin:

Now he has 'issues' :icon_lol:

May!! Yes... you can watch Jose win the Champions League :biggrin:

les_taxi
6th March 2013, 23:52
May!! Yes... you can watch Jose win the Champions League

I hope they do as Jose showed us plenty of respect:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Although I was of course meaning we will add another Premiership title to our already large (record no) of titles won:biggrin:

Arthur Little
6th March 2013, 23:59
Oh, dear ...

... now Celtic's been beaten by Juventus! :bigcry:

andy222
7th March 2013, 07:35
May!! Yes... you can watch Jose win the Champions League

I hope they do as Jose showed us plenty of respect:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Although I was of course meaning we will add another Premiership title to our already large (record no) of titles won:biggrin:
Respect??? Jose was taking the mickey.:icon_lol:

les_taxi
7th March 2013, 12:15
Respect??? Jose was taking the mickey.:icon_lol:

:blahblah:

Dedworth
7th March 2013, 12:58
Oh, dear ...

... now Celtic's been beaten by Juventus! :bigcry:

I was happy with that :biggrin: