PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me

Alan
28th August 2007, 20:10
Hi guys,

Please forgive my absence for the last few days. (I know - everyone is now saying 'Hmmm - never missed him.)

Firstly, may I make a 'block' announcement.
Hello and welcome to EVERY new member on this forum. You will find the loveliest people in the world here and you will also find lots of help.

Secondly, CONGRATS. to all those lucky people whose wives/girlfriends have had their visas granted. Why should we all have to fight so hard to have our loved ones by our side? Good old UK Immigration. :NoNo:

Thirdly, I am experiencing a few problems at the moment and so I am taking a break from the forum. I shall not say any more than that. I am on YM and MSN though. Nothing to do with anyone on this site - PROMISE - They are MY problems only.

May God bless you and yours - you will ALWAYS be in my thoughts. I hope to be back soon.

Al. :)

pennybarry
28th August 2007, 20:18
hmmm:yikes: what is happening with Maria and Alan? :doh You do give good advices to members and wanting to exit for a while:yikes: Looking forward for your comeback:NoNo:

Shifty-Sidney
28th August 2007, 20:23
:yikes:
Is this the curse on Mark?
I chat with people and they have to leave!
I am getting a complex now.
Only joking folks - whatever the reasons, i am here if you need me Alan.all the best mate

andypaul
28th August 2007, 20:32
Just remeber Mr admin also has the door on the latch and the kettle warm for when your next about mate take care

bigtombowski
28th August 2007, 20:34
mate, we look forward to your quick return and do pop in from time to time, i hope your issues get sorted happily and soon!

your good friend,
tom

baboyako
28th August 2007, 21:28

:NoNo: stop scaring people away :ARsurrender:

joebloggs
29th August 2007, 00:04
just like buses, you wait for one to come, and they all come at the same time :D

what ever your problems are ALan, hope its solved soon and good luck from me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

last one to post turn the lights out please :cwm24: :Help1:

joebloggs
29th August 2007, 00:06

:NoNo: stop scaring people away :ARsurrender:

what you saying baboyako he should change his avatar :D

i see what you mean :yikes: :xxparty-smiley-004:

gracia143
29th August 2007, 05:05
Wot's going on???:NoNo::bigcry:I don't get this...why are these guys leaving? And it seems when Kimmi and I wanted to post a reply we couldn't log on the site...are we banned?:Brick:

kimmi
29th August 2007, 05:36
Wot's going on???:NoNo::bigcry:I don't get this...why are these guys leaving? And it seems when Kimmi and I wanted to post a reply we couldn't log on the site...are we banned?:Brick:

finally i connect to this site after several times of being logged out..
anyways, i really dont understand why these two nice people are saying their leaving the forum for a while..is there something we can do to help?or clarify?
:NoNo::NoNo::Erm:

KeithD
29th August 2007, 12:09
Nothing wrong with the Login process, it's the computer you are using.

Pepe n Pilar
29th August 2007, 13:15
I will miss you guys especially Alan i always read very informative articles from you. I have learned many things from this forum since i have registered a couple of weeks ago. Just drop in once in awhile. I hope you will sort out whatever problems you have at the moment.

PeterB
29th August 2007, 13:30
Nothing wrong with the Login process, it's the computer you are using.
To be fair, Keith, in the early hours of this morning there appeared to be problems in communicating with the server. Traceroute appeared to be falling short of the server, for some reason.

KeithD
29th August 2007, 13:38
Traceroute doesn't test Logins in PHP scripts, that problem is usually local ISP based, as the logs show no downtime.

PeterB
29th August 2007, 13:54
No, I'm aware that traceroute has no knowledge of login scripts, but if you re-read what Kimmi and gracia143 are reporting, they don't say that they made contact with the server and then couldn't log in. To a non-technical person, not getting a response from the server may well be reported as "I couldn't log in". Also, note that Kimmi reports "after several times of being logged out", which could well be the non-technical report given when the server suddenly becomes unreachable.

It is worth noting that both of them (both, I believe, Philippines based) were having problems at the same time time that I couldn't get a response while here in the UK.

I haven't kept the traceroute log, but it was failing after about 10 hops - well outside of my local ISP's domain.

Also, I didn't say that the server was down, merely that there were problems communicating with it. I guess that some intermediate node had got its routing tables in a mess.

KeithD
29th August 2007, 14:11
after several times of being logged out
I'm AWARE that this happens to some folk, but it is the settings on there computer not the server. If they login with the same details on another computer it works fine.

Peter, they cannot be LOGGED OUT if they can't connect with the server :Erm:

Problem is usually;
Cookie settings
Corrupt cookie
Firewall
AV needs running
Spyware needs running

Problem solved in 99.99% cases once those are done.

PeterB
29th August 2007, 15:21
Peter, they cannot be LOGGED OUT if they can't connect with the server :Erm:
No, but if they're browsing the forum, and then it all stops because the connection fails they may report it as 'getting logged out'!

I just think that it is more than coincidence that two other people were reporting problems with the forum at the same time that I couldn't establish a connection, where the problem I was experiencing was well outside of my own ISP's domain.

KeithD
29th August 2007, 15:40
No, but if they're browsing the forum, and then it all stops because the connection fails they may report it as 'getting logged out'!
But they don't :doh......the forum just logs them out due to cookie issues, nothing else. Nothing to do with not finding the server.

I have a company ping the server from 15 countries every 3 minutes, and no downtime this week, an the Win2Win forum is busy at that time of night, and no problems reported, all on my server.

walesrob
29th August 2007, 15:48
But they don't :doh......the forum just logs them out due to cookie issues, nothing else. Nothing to do with not finding the server.

I have a company ping the server from 15 countries every 3 minutes, and no downtime this week, an the Win2Win forum is busy at that time of night, and no problems reported, all on my server.

I've never had any logout issues with this forum since the changeover to the current vBulletin software.

If ever I'm in Philippines and I view this forum in an internet cafe, I always clear cookies, browsing history, passwords, cache, etc before and after each session, and always make a point of using Firefox if its available.

joebloggs
29th August 2007, 16:01
also remember most in the phils are still using dial-up, not many have boardband at home, unlike the uk!!, you soon forget how slow 56k is :NoNo: and when everyone tires to use it at the same time :NoNo:... just like when you get a trickle of water when you try to use the shower in the morning in some parts of laguna :icon_lol:

i've not really had a problem connecting on this forum, and i go on here a few times a day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
29th August 2007, 18:18
Hi guys! Thanks for the info...I think Walesrob is right, I needed to clear cache and delete cookies and all temporary internet files and defragment my system as it has been slowing down my system and giving me probs especially when I am on the forum. I think I have temporarily solved the mystery now, but Joe, I've got broadband connection and so is Kimmi--it says High speed but not sure if 10.0 Mbps is really that fast. IP Address is correct, Laptop is brandnew :Erm: so it's making me like "confused.com". I am pretty illiterate about computers but Trev said he'll send me a program that will help solve whatever is making my pc cranky.:Rasp:I hope it helps...any more info will be much appreciated. Thanks again guys! Goodnight from the Philippines.

baboyako
30th August 2007, 01:35
Problem is usually;
Cookie settings
Corrupt cookie
Firewall
AV needs running
Spyware needs running

Problem solved in 99.99% cases once those are done.

i sacrificed some baby goats around the rj45 and then the connection was OK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
30th August 2007, 05:56
also remember most in the phils are still using dial-up, not many have boardband at home, unlike the uk!!, you soon forget how slow 56k is :NoNo: and when everyone tires to use it at the same time :NoNo:... just like when you get a trickle of water when you try to use the shower in the morning in some parts of laguna :icon_lol:

i've not really had a problem connecting on this forum, and i go on here a few times a day :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Im using Smart cable "broadband" (lol) around 300k connection.
Also Globe and PLDT have similar services for around PHP999.00 per month..I visited a couple of different provinces and they all have similar services..Not seen a dial up connection here for a while.

Mich
30th August 2007, 07:10
Only joking folks - whatever the reasons, i am here if you need me Alan.all the best mate

Who left because of you? :Erm:

zef
30th August 2007, 08:36
Always enjoy reading your posts Alan, I hope you sort your problems soon and find time to return to the site :BouncyHappy:

Stephany
30th August 2007, 10:32
another one leaving???

joebloggs
30th August 2007, 11:16
Im using Smart cable "broadband" (lol) around 300k connection.
Also Globe and PLDT have similar services for around PHP999.00 per month..I visited a couple of different provinces and they all have similar services..Not seen a dial up connection here for a while.

uk in april 2006 had nearly 10million boardband users, and at the start of 2006the philippines out of a country of 100 million roughly only .5% (500,000) had boardband at home, while 5% of users used a boardband connection(work/inet cafes)

so the uk with a lower population, still had 20 times more boardband users than the philippines.

of course the figures are from 2006 and boardband up take will have been a lot higher now..

joebloggs
30th August 2007, 11:18
another one leaving???

yes i'm leaving :D. goto go back to work :bigcry:

but i'll be back later :doh:NoNo:

:D

andypaul
30th August 2007, 20:20
yes i'm leaving :D. goto go back to work :bigcry:

but i'll be back later :doh:NoNo:

:D

I could just picture mr admin getting all excited in win 2 win hq jumping up and down and then reading the next line:icon_lol: