PDA

View Full Version : changing name on my passport before applying for an ilr..

queenie
10th March 2013, 23:53
hi guys! I need some advice please... I've passed my Life in the UK test and soon to apply for my ILR. The reason why I'm posting this here is my passport will be expired soon and I'm planning to change it to my husband's surname before i'll apply for my ILR. But my "Life in the uk certificate" is in the name of my recent passport. Will it be complicated if I do it this way or do i have to wait to get my ILR then change my name?

lovejoy
11th March 2013, 11:30
Hi I was the same situation with you I took life in the UK test using my single name then after taking that exam I went to Philippine Embassy to change my passport to my married name. When I apply for my ILR there's no problem on it. Make it sure when you apply for your ILR show your old passport as well.

mendoza82
11th March 2013, 13:43
Hi I was the same situation with you I took life in the UK test using my single name then after taking that exam I went to Philippine Embassy to change my passport to my married name. When I apply for my ILR there's no problem on it. Make it sure when you apply for your ILR show your old passport as well.

hi lovejoy,im applying spouse visa hopefully next month,i would like to know if its ok if i change my passport surname before applying,but my tb and english cert is my single name on it,would this affect on my application?thanks in advance

queenie
11th March 2013, 15:05
thanks lovejoy :)

melovesengland
11th March 2013, 18:22
hi guys! I need some advice please... I've passed my Life in the UK test and soon to apply for my ILR. The reason why I'm posting this here is my passport will be expired soon and I'm planning to change it to my husband's surname before i'll apply for my ILR. But my "Life in the uk certificate" is in the name of my recent passport. Will it be complicated if I do it this way or do i have to wait to get my ILR then change my name?

I think you'll be alright. Just submit your old passport as well on your ILR application. That shouldnt conflict or cause any problems. :)

stevewool
11th March 2013, 18:46
Girls always have your old passport, do not throw them away, someone down the line will ask for it at some time:xxgrinning--00xx3: