PDA

View Full Version : got my visa today

joannet
13th March 2013, 06:04
guys my visa just arrive today
im so thankful to all of you guys
thank you for answering my plenty question before
this forum helped me alot,,,,,

guys so what to do nxt do i need to have medical and were can i get my fco?thnxs

mendoza82
13th March 2013, 07:27
congrats joannet.

joannet
13th March 2013, 08:39
thnxs mendoza:wink:

sheldon1
13th March 2013, 09:36
My wife had no medical joannet. She arrived in Manchester early on Tuesday @7.05 she came through customs very easy no problems. Very straight forward.

Sheldon:smile:

melovesengland
13th March 2013, 10:09
http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

see that page for informations about CFO. Congrats for your visa!

filbrit
13th March 2013, 11:48
Congrats on your visa!

For the medical, you may refer to the following:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/february/30-tb-philippines

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/philippines/applying/tb-test/?langname=null

joebloggs
13th March 2013, 12:03
My wife had no medical joannet. She arrived in Manchester early on Tuesday @7.05 she came through customs very easy no problems. Very straight forward.

Sheldon:smile:

depends which Airport you arrive at, London ones you might be asked, also they are some changes on the way.. see the links posted by others

rhaichard
13th March 2013, 12:15
when i came here in the UK, my husband and i arrived in heathrow .. they just asked me if i have my chest x'ray .. they just checked the result of it then stamped my passport ...

anyway congatulations :)

stevie c
13th March 2013, 12:19
Congratulations :Jump:

raynaputi
13th March 2013, 12:31
Congrats Joannet! :Jump:

Like the others said, it depends on which airport you gonna land. When I arrived at Manchester airport, I was not asked for any tb cert or chest xray. But to make sure, you can get a TB cert as it's a requirement now in applying for a visa. Not sure if all the airports would require that now too upon arrival.

marga
13th March 2013, 13:12
Congratulations joannet!

Arjie
13th March 2013, 13:39
congrats net..:xxgrinning--00xx3:

han
13th March 2013, 14:07
Congrats Joanet!

MissAna
13th March 2013, 14:24
:Jump: congrats!

Arjie
13th March 2013, 14:30
Congrats Joannet! :Jump:

Like the others said, it depends on which airport you gonna land. When I arrived at Manchester airport, I was not asked for any tb cert or chest xray. But to make sure, you can get a TB cert as it's a requirement now in applying for a visa. Not sure if all the airports would require that now too upon arrival.

Hi Rayna,
I have a question regarding about TB test.Can i get a chest x-ray at any clinic here in the Philippines?Or do i have to go the clinic approve by UKBA?

I am patiently waiting my docs.back from VFS by courier WWW Express here in Cabadbaran City Mindanao.:yawn::smile:

thank you..

raynaputi
13th March 2013, 14:43
Hi Rayna,
I have a question regarding about TB test.Can i get a chest x-ray at any clinic here in the Philippines?Or do i have to go the clinic approve by UKBA?

I am patiently waiting my docs.back from VFS by courier WWW Express here in Cabadbaran City Mindanao.:yawn::smile:

thank you..

Hi Arjie,

I'm sorry but I have no idea if you can use a different clinic than the one stated in the UKBA website when applying a visa. Since you already are waiting for you visa, maybe you can ask VFS or British Embassy (???) about it. Before, I think TB cert/chest xray from any clinic would do upon arrival in Heathrow. I'm not sure about now.

Arjie
13th March 2013, 15:44
Hi Arjie,

I'm sorry but I have no idea if you can use a different clinic than the one stated in the UKBA website when applying a visa. Since you already are waiting for you visa, maybe you can ask VFS or British Embassy (???) about it. Before, I think TB cert/chest xray from any clinic would do upon arrival in Heathrow. I'm not sure about now.

Thank you so much Rayna for answering my question.:xxgrinning--00xx3::smile:I will give them a ring.:)

bigmarco
13th March 2013, 17:17
Congratulations :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
14th March 2013, 14:38
Thank you so much Rayna for answering my question.:xxgrinning--00xx3::smile:I will give them a ring.:)

Arjie, You'll to use the authorised test centre.
UKBA will not accept any other.

Arthur Little
14th March 2013, 19:48
:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... Well done, to you and your husband, Joannet ...the time's now ripe for formal congratulations from me. :smile:

joannet
14th March 2013, 23:52
thank you sir arthur:smile:

joannet
14th March 2013, 23:59

but sir terpe we are not covered by the new rules a
bout that tb test,,,but my friend from uk also told to me to get that cos the manchester airport asked for her tb xray before and that was way bck 2009,,and i got my tb test xray here last january what do you think i can only use that even though that tb test result is from other clinic not in ukba accredited clinic pls help

Terpe
15th March 2013, 09:24

but sir terpe we are not covered by the new rules a
bout that tb test,,,but my friend from uk also told to me to get that cos the manchester airport asked for her tb xray before and that was way bck 2009,,and i got my tb test xray here last january what do you think i can only use that even though that tb test result is from other clinic not in ukba accredited clinic pls help

Hi Joannet,

I'm sorry if my post confused you. It was unintentional.

It was Arjie who requested information about the UKBA approved clinic for TB screening
In my post I actually replied to Arjie.

Often it can happen that threads go off-track. That's forum life :icon_rolleyes:

joannet
15th March 2013, 15:01
Hi Joannet,

I'm sorry if my post confused you. It was unintentional.

It was Arjie who requested information about the UKBA approved clinic for TB screening
In my post I actually replied to Arjie.

Often it can happen that threads go off-track. That's forum life :icon_rolleyes:
but sir terpe what do you think on my reply pls help thnks

Terpe
15th March 2013, 15:40
Here's the UKBA webpage for TB Screening in Philippines (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/philippines/applying/tb-test/?langname=null)

Here's an extract from that page

Who needs to be tested?

From 28 February 2013, if you are resident in the Philippines and would like to apply for a visa to come to the UK for more than 6 months you must be tested at an approved clinic and be free from tuberculosis before you apply for a visa. You will be required to submit a TB certificate with your visa application.

Applicants who complete an online visa application form and pay the online visa application fee before 28 February 2013 will not need to take a tuberculosis test. Online applications submitted and paid for after this date will be subject to tuberculosis testing requirements.

If you are coming to the UK for less than 6 months you do not need to be tested for tuberculosis. This includes people applying for 2, 5 and 10 year visitor visas, because the maximum stay in the UK at any one time is still 6 months.

Solely in terms of immigration rules there is no requirement for applications made up to 28 February 2013

However, many folks have been questioned at UK immigration at entry and some have been delayed pending X-Ray checking. Mostly this has been applied at Heathrow and Gatwick.

However, as you already have an x-ray, I'd say it's better to bring it with you.