PDA

View Full Version : Claiming public funds

jennyludo
13th March 2013, 18:26
HELLO may i want to know coz im applying for FRL(M) IS my husband can claim tax credits/child tax credit?i know that i cannot claim coz im subject of immigration control..thanks xxx

grahamw48
13th March 2013, 20:01
As long as he claims only in HIS name...yes. :smile:

Always best to double-check on the govt. benefits website though.

andy222
13th March 2013, 21:57
Terpe is your man for this.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jennyludo
14th March 2013, 00:07

Terpe
14th March 2013, 14:58
HELLO may i want to know coz im applying for FRL(M) IS my husband can claim tax credits/child tax credit?i know that i cannot claim coz im subject of immigration control..thanks xxx

Your husband may claim all of those benefits.
The claim must be in his name only.
HMRC requires details from you both as a couple for tax credits/child tax credits. That's fine no problem for your immigration status or future ILR as long as your husband is the named claimant. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jamesy
4th April 2013, 10:21
hi ,jennyiudo, yes your husband can claim tax credits ,child tax credits ,and also working tax credits aslong as he is below the threshold for claiming ,he must claim the tax credits in his name and also the child benefit {family allowence}but you both must claim together for the child tax credits as that has to be claimed jointly ,in both your names ,its ok to do this as long as the person you are married to is a british citizen ,or in otherwords was born here ,the no recorse to public funds status does not come in to affect here as they disregard it as its a joint claim and one of you are british ,there are fact sheets somewhere on this forum from the relevent goverment office which will explain what i have told you in greater detail ,but i can assure you he can claim as i and my wife claimed last year and she is now ready to claim for her final visa soon ,if you look up lordnas posts you will see that her husband claimed it too ,and they now have just recently got their ilr visa,hope iv managed to help