PDA

View Full Version : Need someone's opinion....

McGregor03
14th March 2013, 12:07
My father is a Sr. but in my birth certificate it wasn't written there. So when I gather all my documents I just stick to what was written in my BC ( no Sr. on my father's name ). But I just notice in my TOR the Sr. in my father's name is present:Brick:. My question is, will it affect the application? Though am the applicant..:bigcry:
:Help1:

Michael Parnham
14th March 2013, 12:10
What does Sr & TOR mean?:Erm:

McGregor03
14th March 2013, 12:15
What does Sr & TOR mean?:Erm:

Ooooopppsss sorry Michael ..It is SENIOR ( Sr.) coz my brother was named after my father. That should be written after the lastname of my father and TOR is transcript of records...

Michael Parnham
14th March 2013, 12:29
Thankyou:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
14th March 2013, 13:30
Is the 'Sr' part of your father's name? Is it on his birth Certificate, passport, ID etc.

Or is it just a courtesy title ? It would seem this must be so, as of course when he was named his son was not born (sorry seems stupid to say that, but it might clarify things)

That being so I would think you must use his name i.e. without the ‘Sr’

McGregor03
14th March 2013, 14:45
Is the 'Sr' part of your father's name? Is it on his birth Certificate, passport, ID etc.

Or is it just a courtesy title ? It would seem this must be so, as of course when he was named his son was not born (sorry seems stupid to say that, but it might clarify things)

That being so I would think you must use his name i.e. without the ‘Sr’

It's like; Juan De La Cruz II or III etc...
I followed what's in my BC and I just notice that of all my docs, it's the only TOR that has a senior ( Sr.) ..that's am a bit worried about it.If it will affect my application ...

grahamw48
14th March 2013, 14:50
We don't use such terms in the UK on official documents.

It's a US habit.

I can't see it being a problem.

What IS important is that names ('given' and family) remain consistent across all documents, wherever possible.

From my experience, the Phils officials seem to have more of a problem accepting slight variations, rather than the UK ones.

McGregor03
14th March 2013, 21:08
We don't use such terms in the UK on official documents.

It's a US habit.

I can't see it being a problem.

What IS important is that names ('given' and family) remain consistent across all documents, wherever possible.

From my experience, the Phils officials seem to have more of a problem accepting slight variations, rather than the UK ones.

Thank u Graham...Maybe it won't be a problem,which I hope! Thank u :)