PDA

View Full Version : About p60..

McGregor03
18th March 2013, 15:34
Something bothers me about the p60 of my fiance. Since we will include this in our docs, the last time he got his p60 was april 2012 and the latest will be, maybe late of april or may. So do I need to wait for it? :NoNo: Or does it even matter? Coz hopefully we're going to lodge our docs on the 2nd or 3rd week of april..:anerikke:

Mariam

Terpe
18th March 2013, 17:33
Something bothers me about the p60 of my fiance. Since we will include this in our docs, the last time he got his p60 was april 2012 and the latest will be, maybe late of april or may. So do I need to wait for it? :NoNo: Or does it even matter? Coz hopefully we're going to lodge our docs on the 2nd or 3rd week of april..:anerikke:

Mariam

Mariam, why are you getting concerned about a document that is NOT a requirement of UKBA ?
You would only supply a P60 IF it made any contribution to your application.
That last P60 is completely out of date. It shows tax and income details for the period April 2011-April 2012 that's almost 12 months out of date.

The 2012/2013 P60 will not be issued until after the current tax year has ended and the employer has completed their year-of-end annual tax return. That deadline is 19 April 2013. P60 must be issued before the end of May. So sometime between 19 April - 31 May. So could be a June 2013 application if you wait.

Now on the question of whether you should actually wait for that current P60 read what UKBA say:-

In respect of salaried employment in the UK, all of the following evidence must be provided:
(a) Wage slips covering:-
(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
(ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the applicant has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the wage slips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
(i) the person's employment and gross annual salary;
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the wage slips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly.

UKBA state this about P60:-

In addition to the evidence listed above P60(s) (if issued) and a signed contract(s) of employment may also be submitted in respect of salaried employment in the UK. If they are not submitted then the caseworker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that the requirements of this Appendix relating to that employment are met or they may ask for the documents to be submitted.

Hope that helps in your decision

McGregor03
18th March 2013, 23:34
Got it Terpe,sorry I just thought it is one of the important docs that I need to provide coz I was searching here before about the checklist they include p60 and I have no idea how it works in UK well a lil. BUt thank u Terpe for taking time in answering my doubts. Really appreciate it..Thanks :)