PDA

View Full Version : Sample test for the NEW Life in the UK test

raynaputi
25th March 2013, 12:01
Go to this link http://www.officiallifeintheuk.co.uk/test/ and try to answer this sample test questions for the NEW Life in the the UK test..I tried it and I still passed the test with 83% passing score even without reading the new book! Hahaha..:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th March 2013, 15:35
More like a general knowledge quiz :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Don't see why questions on footbal should be included :Erm:

I got 92% but don't know which ones I got wrong :Erm:

Took me 3min 6sec

Still at least I passed.

To be honest, that's an easier test than the previous one where you could get asked about %'s and stats on all sorts of useless stuff. Just my opinion

Nice link Rayna :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
25th March 2013, 15:54
This is another link I've seen.. I haven't tried this yet though.. :biggrin:

http://ukcitizenshipsupport.com/simulation-test/simulationtest/

Terpe
25th March 2013, 16:22
This is another link I've seen.. I haven't tried this yet though.. :biggrin:

http://ukcitizenshipsupport.com/simulation-test/simulationtest/

I managed 92% with 2 wrong answers
(yes, I know which ones I got wrong. Rightly too as I just did't have any clue )

My time was 4mins 22sec. I really needed to think a bit about some of those questions

raynaputi
25th March 2013, 16:38
I failed the 2nd test..obviously, I need to know more about UK's history.. :doh BUT, I don't need it now as I already passed the test. :biggrin:

melovesengland
25th March 2013, 16:59
50% I only got. I failed! Lovely! hahahaha

But I am just curious enough if their app for mobile has already been updated. I am planning to take the test in the near future.

raynaputi
25th March 2013, 17:07
50% I only got. I failed! Lovely! hahahaha

But I am just curious enough if their app for mobile has already been updated. I am planning to take the test in the near future.

Go to this link Novie.. http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp?DI=636573&TRACKID=004752

If you have the old app, you won't be able to update it. You need to buy the new app.

melovesengland
25th March 2013, 17:09
I havent got the old app. I was planning to buy it but then the rumours came out about the changes on the life in the uk test so I didnt proceed. Thanks for this Rayna! Such a great big help you are! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

raynaputi
25th March 2013, 17:11
I havent got the old app. I was planning to buy it but then the rumours came out about the changes on the life in the uk test so I didnt proceed. Thanks for this Rayna! Such a great big help you are! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Just check if it's already available in Apple's app store. They don't have an app yet for the Android ones. :thumbsdown:

sars_notd_virus
25th March 2013, 17:14
I scored 92%:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
25th March 2013, 17:24
They havent got the recent one yet Rayna. Will just wait maybe. Hehehhe

Arthur Little
25th March 2013, 17:49
I managed 92% with 2 wrong answers
(yes, I know which ones I got wrong. Rightly too as I just didn't have any clue )

My time was 4mins 22sec. I really needed to think a bit about some of those questions

92% for me ALSO, Peter. Questions I got wrong formed part of the one about lobbying groups ... and the other, for ticking Cyprus as a British :Britain: dependency whereas, in fact, it turned out to be *St Helena (to which, Napoleon Bonaparte was latterly exiled - and where, of course, he ultimately died). :anerikke: ... therefore, I had [mistakenly] thought *it would've been French territory!

Oh ... and it took me a full five minutes to complete the sample test so, between the two of us, you're the winner! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
25th March 2013, 17:54
I failed the 2nd test..obviously, I need to know more about UK's history.. :doh BUT, I don't need it now as I already passed the test. :biggrin:

Yeah, that 2nd test is pretty challenging and needs thinking about.
For me, a UK citizen of a certain age :olddude: with traditional UK schooling it was OK but tricky. Multiple choice can help eliminate 'wrong' choices.

For fairly new migrants to UK, I would say that was difficult.

Terpe
25th March 2013, 17:56
92% for me ALSO, Peter. Questions I got wrong formed part of the one about lobbying groups ... and the other, for ticking Cyprus as a British :Britain: dependency whereas, in fact, it turned out to be *St Helena (to which, Napoleon Bonaparte was latterly exiled - and where, of course. he ultimately died). :anerikke: ... therefore, I had [mistakenly] thought *it would've been French territory!

Oh ... and it took me a full five minutes to complete the sample test so, between the two of us, you're the winner! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I got the one about forts on Hadrians wall wrong......sorry Arthur
Also the one about the citizenship oath :doh

I remembered most of the other answers from either school days or pub quiz days Hehehe

Terpe
25th March 2013, 17:58
I scored 92% :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Excellent :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's very good

sars_notd_virus
25th March 2013, 18:08
Excellent :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's very good

thanks, I am a bit outdated with the ''20th'' century investors :biggrin:

Arthur Little
25th March 2013, 18:20
I scored 92% :biggrin: :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well done, Mari ... :yeahthat:'s REALLY good! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
25th March 2013, 18:32
Well done, Mari ... :yeahthat:'s REALLY good! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks sir ARt, it's interesting to have a quick go on the ''new'' sample questions but noticed some questions are also in the ''old'' edition of the book which i've already read.

Michael Parnham
25th March 2013, 22:40
I got 58%:Erm:

cheekee
26th March 2013, 00:51
I just got 75 % :Erm:

livinguk
6th June 2013, 01:10
For free practice questions for the latest Life In the UK test try Free Life in The UK Practice Tests (http://freelifeintheuktest.com) (based on the 3rd edition of the preparation book). One of the nice parts is that the site is mobile friendly - I used to practice on my way to work. :)

dunstun365
30th July 2013, 22:27
Go to this link http://www.officiallifeintheuk.co.uk/test/ and try to answer this sample test questions for the NEW Life in the the UK test..I tried it and I still passed the test with 83% passing score even without reading the new book! Hahaha..:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

To get 83% is amazing. I got 83% just 4 questions wrong & I"m from the UK

Slip
31st July 2013, 09:24
Lived in UK all my life, only got 63%. Where on earth do I go now if they kick me out the country!!

Questions were stupid though. Not the sort I would have expected!