PDA

View Full Version : dangerous jobs in the world

stevewool
26th March 2013, 08:53
who watched the london bus driver driving a jeepny around manila, it was a 2 years ago and this sunday there will be a follow up program, well worth watching i say

Michael Parnham
26th March 2013, 09:55
Will look out for that Steve!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevie c
26th March 2013, 10:18
Yes i watched the first one & i will look forward to watching the second part thanks steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
26th March 2013, 10:34
Its like bleedin heart television where they send these people off to third world countries together with probably a 5 man tv crew.
Why?
The other week a London cabbie was sent to Bombay, a lot of old drivel about how poor their cab drivers are and how hard they work, separated from their families etc, maybe they are trying to show us how bad it can get over here, or they want us to take pity and let the other half of the world come over, I am being cynical but I don't find it very entertaining.
What I have enjoyed is the documentaries on the railway that's just being shown or last years on the London tube, excellent stuff:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
26th March 2013, 11:35
Its like bleedin heart television where they send these people off to third world countries together with probably a 5 man tv crew.
Why?
The other week a London cabbie was sent to Bombay, a lot of old drivel about how poor their cab drivers are and how hard they work, separated from their families etc, maybe they are trying to show us how bad it can get over here, or they want us to take pity and let the other half of the world come over, I am being cynical but I don't find it very entertaining.
What I have enjoyed is the documentaries on the railway that's just being shown or last years on the London tube, excellent stuff:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Agree.

Cheap TV, aimed at the masses recovering from their £100 Saturday night binge-drinking session.

Better to spend the budget on family-planning education schemes in these grossly over-populated hell-holes.

What channel and when Steve ?

Steve.r
26th March 2013, 12:39
Agree.

Cheap TV, aimed at the masses recovering from their £100 Saturday night binge-drinking session.

What channel and when Steve ? :icon_lol::icon_lol: :doh

grahamw48
26th March 2013, 12:47
:icon_lol::icon_lol: :doh

If the cap fits....:biggrin:

stevewool
26th March 2013, 21:22
Agree.

Better to spend the budget on family-planning education schemes in these grossly over-populated hell-holes.

What channel and when Steve ?
BBC 2 SUNDAY NIGHT:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
26th March 2013, 21:23
Why?

Cant please everyone , but hey thats why we are all differant

grahamw48
26th March 2013, 21:58
BBC 2 SUNDAY NIGHT:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
27th March 2013, 20:29
Saw it. I didn't envy him though. :icon_lol:

Jamesey
27th March 2013, 23:42
Why?

I think these type of shows are excellent. The Philippine element just makes it all the more interesting for me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The more people that watch these type of programmes, the better. Obviously, they are edited to create the "angle" that the producers are looking for, but they still give a good insight into how people live in other parts of the world.

That's worth a whole year of Saturday night UK Dancing Talent X-Factor rubbish.

I've also enjoyed watching the documentaries on the railways. There's been quite a lot on recently, ranging from the early development of the steam engine, to running the modern system. All have been excellent! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
28th March 2013, 00:16
Thought the first one was excellent viewing. Looking forward to the follow up on Sunday thanks for highlighting it Steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
28th March 2013, 01:58
I too like to see good documentaries on countries around the world, but I dont find it interesting or entertaining to see a cabbie from London supposedly trying to earn a living by driving a cab in Bombay. It looked so phoney and pretentious and what was the point. I have seen a fair bit of India and driven around the north of the country including Delhi where the rules of the road are if you drive a big car most things get out of your way, except for the beggars who make a beeline for you.
I think there was another one last year about a black bus driver who was doing the same sort of thing around Manila, most of it boring except for a few minutes of Manila that I have not seen before.
I am obviously in the minority here:yikes: but its not my bag, nor is the other load of Sat night rubbish you mention, but we cant all like the same things :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
28th March 2013, 02:06
I think these type of shows are excellent. The Philippine element just makes it all the more interesting for me. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The more people that watch these type of programmes, the better. Obviously, they are edited to create the "angle" that the producers are looking for, but they still give a good insight into how people live in other parts of the world.

That's worth a whole year of Saturday night UK Dancing Talent X-Factor rubbish.

I've also enjoyed watching the documentaries on the railways. There's been quite a lot on recently, ranging from the early development of the steam engine, to running the modern system. All have been excellent! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sorry I tried to answer but made a balls up.
My original answer may come out not sure:Erm: to summerize, cant stand the Saturday rubbish either , but we cant all like the same things and if the program on Manila is the black bus driver trying to drive a jeepney that was just as boring except for showing a few minutes of Manila that I have not seen before.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
28th March 2013, 08:14
must admit to what you say about the ty programs that are awash with rubbish at the weekends, i watched ant and deck the other saturday well i thought it was rubbish it must be great for someone else

Dedworth
28th March 2013, 10:31
I fully agree with Graham and Pete. These sort of programmes are in the same vein as the series where they sent a load of spoilt brats out to the Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia threading beads on strings, prawn farming and processing tuna. Made by limpwristers and tree huggers more than happy to waste huge tranches of licence payers money as they wallow in 5 star hotels with the massive production crew

fred
28th March 2013, 11:27
Actually I really enjoyed the Bus driver in Manila episode.. Nothing at all fake about it and although I lived in Manila for a few years I had never heard of Pag PAG till I watched that show.... so educational too IMO.Thoroughly entertaining!

grahamw48
28th March 2013, 11:32
Oh, I've enjoyed the programmes too. :smile:

It's just the motivation behind them that I would question.