PDA

View Full Version : Resorts in Mactan Cebu

blessed_ekim0826
9th April 2013, 15:48
Which resorts you have stayed in Mactan, Cebu? Will you recommend it for 4 days?

Bluebirdjones
9th April 2013, 16:46
Shangri-La.... but stupidly expensive.
http://www.shangri-la.com/en/cebu/mactanresort/

Jamesey
9th April 2013, 21:52
My information is a bit out of date, but I used to visit resorts there all the time. There are no "natural" beaches on Mactan, but the high-end resorts import sand to create them. The Shang's is probably best.

Shangri-La is fantastic, but also expensive. They used to do a "day pass" type deal where you could spend the day there and use the facilities. It also included the awesome buffet breakfast!

The Hilton is newer then the Shang and of a similar standard and price.

Maribago Bluewater Resort is another high-end resort with a nice beach and facilities.

Tambuli East & West were always a good option as a day trip, but I think the overnight rates were quite high. Although there was no real beach, the swimming pool was very nice and the restaurant served nice food.

There are loads of other small and medium sized resorts that you could check out. I'm sure you're be able to find something to suit your budget. Another option could be to stay in Cebu City and take day trips to the Mactan Resorts.

I learned to dive in this area and if you take a boat out to the nature reserves around Hiluntungan, Olango and Sta Rosa Island, you'll find fantastic marine life. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

chrisincebu
12th April 2013, 11:50
Which resorts you have stayed in Mactan, Cebu? Will you recommend it for 4 days?

Stayed in Tambuli about 18 months ago. The upmarket resorts that Jamesy mentions (Hilton/Shang etc) are well pricey, but man, they look good!