PDA

View Full Version : Sponsoring wife and child for joining a settled person in uk

BADE
9th April 2013, 23:37
I wonder if someone can help me, I have indefinite leave to remain since 2004, I originate from Bosnia where I got married couple of years ago and have 2 year old baby daughter..
Now, since Bosnia is not European country I now have to earn 18, 600 per year for just my wife and another 3, 800 for my child which totals
22, 400 GBP which I am finding very difficult to do considering I only work part time at the moment and get just over 400 pound a month but even with full time job 12 hour shifts 7 days a week I still would not be able to earn what they require..
I understand that the minimum savings of 16, 000 applies for spouse but how much would it be for a child as well, and is there anything that can be done legally to not have to earn so much and have that much savings, perhaps hire a solicitor and make a complaint about it, would it work, is there anything anyone can do to change this stupid new immigration law?
I would appreciate some info on this from whoever knows anything about it..

Steve.r
10th April 2013, 01:49
Rules are rules, there is no way around them, if you do not make the required amount then you have to find a way to increase your salary or think of alternative plans. So how did you get ILR status in the Uk?

BADE
10th April 2013, 13:19
I got it since 2004 through my mother, she was here ages before me, I was only 15 at the time I am 26 now and I'm entitled to a British passport as well, my mum has already got it but apparently my child would not be considered British since it wasn't conceived with British passport..
Do you know anything about these savings for a child as well, how much would it be all together, I know it's 16, 000 for spouse only but how much for a child as well?
Thanks for the reply by the way..

grahamw48
10th April 2013, 13:29
So what is your connection to the Philippines ? :Erm:

Terpe
10th April 2013, 13:29
.....Do you know anything about these savings for a child as well, how much would it be all together, I know it's 16, 000 for spouse only but how much for a child as well?
Thanks for the reply by the way..

Hello Bade,
In order to utilise savings to support any shortfall in income (or indeed without any income at all) it's ONLY those cash saving ABOVE £16000 that can be used.

To bring your wife/partner to UK requires an annual gross income of £18,600
The first (non-British) child requires an annual gross income of £3,800

You can use the following equation:-

(x minus 16000) divided by 2.5 = y
x is the total amount of savings held
y is the amount which can be used towards the financial requirement.

Knowing the shortfall you can use the following equation to determine the savings needed:-

z = (Income Shortfall x 2.5) + 16000

z is total savings needed

BADE
11th April 2013, 00:06
None but that doesn't matter I can still use some help of this forum from people who know about it..

BADE
11th April 2013, 00:56
First of all I would like to thank you Terpe for your time and your reply..
Now, the thing is, I haven't got any savings what so ever at the moment, but I was just wondering, if I had a friend or a relative take a loan for me or just give me £16,000 as a gift, would I still need to be earning certain amount considering I got £16,000 in savings, would that be enough to support both my wife and my baby?
Also, you put up there and I quote: "In order to utilise savings to support any shortfall in income (or indeed without any income at all) it's ONLY those cash saving ABOVE £16000 that can be used".
Do you actually mean that, with the £16,000 of savings, you could be without any income at all and still qualify for sponsorship?
Thank you..

Terpe
11th April 2013, 16:52
First of all I would like to thank you Terpe for your time and your reply..
Now, the thing is, I haven't got any savings what so ever at the moment, but I was just wondering, if I had a friend or a relative take a loan for me or just give me £16,000 as a gift, would I still need to be earning certain amount considering I got £16,000 in savings, would that be enough to support both my wife and my baby?
Also, you put up there and I quote: "In order to utilise savings to support any shortfall in income (or indeed without any income at all) it's ONLY those cash saving ABOVE £16000 that can be used".
Do you actually mean that, with the £16,000 of savings, you could be without any income at all and still qualify for sponsorship?
Thank you..

Bade, I think you misunderstand something.
You would need savings of MORE than £16000

Only savings ABOVE £16000 will be counted.

Look at what I said above:-

Knowing the shortfall you can use the following equation to determine the savings needed:-

z = (Income Shortfall x 2.5) + 16000

z is total savings needed

OK, lets say for example your gross annual income was £15,000
The required gross annual income for spouse and one child is £22,400 (£18,600 + £3,800)
Means that your shortfall in annual gross income is £7,400 (£22,400 - £15,000)

Using the above equation:-

z = (£7,400 x 2.5) + 16000

z = £34,500

So you would need savings of £34,500 in order to meet the UKBA financial requirement.
You need to have held this as cash in an account in your own name for minimum of 6 months.

By the way you need to show this amount again when the next FLR(M) is due for application.

is total savings needed

BADE
12th April 2013, 00:50
Thanks Terpe I understand now so I guess I'm going to have to ditch that option then, hopefully I'll find two jobs, 16 hours a day even if it means no social life what's so ever and destroying my health, so be it..
Thank you for all the info I really appreciate it

Terpe
12th April 2013, 07:22
Thanks Terpe I understand now so I guess I'm going to have to ditch that option then, hopefully I'll find two jobs, 16 hours a day even if it means no social life what's so ever and destroying my health, so be it..
Thank you for all the info I really appreciate it

Why not go live in another EU country and have your family join you for free under the EU rules?
You just need a job and somewhere to live.

Do some research
It's called freedom of movement.

grahamw48
12th April 2013, 09:37
Others have had to do it...who didn't have the luxury of the 'freedom of movement' clause (because we happen to be British :icon_rolleyes:).

Try working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for months on end, doing manual labour in a filthy tunnel at 38C at the other side of the world from your family, when you're in your forties.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Steve.r
12th April 2013, 14:55
Others have had to do it...who didn't have the luxury of the 'freedom of movement' clause (because we happen to be British :icon_rolleyes:).

Try working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for months on end, doing manual labour in a filthy tunnel at 38C at the other side of the world from your family, when you're in your forties.

Where there's a will there's a way.
8024Totally agree :xxgrinning--00xx3: