PDA

View Full Version : Same Political Views

jake
10th April 2013, 14:46
Do you have the same or similar political views as your parents?

My parents had different political views but they didn't really discuss them at great length when we were around. Guess that is why i ended up a political atheist.

grahamw48
10th April 2013, 14:57
Yes, I seemed to have inherited most of the same flog em and hang em views of my dad. :xxaction-smiley-047 :icon_lol:

My religious (Atheist) views I formed all on my own.

jake
10th April 2013, 15:01
Yes, I seemed to have inherited most the same flog em and hang em views of my dad. :xxaction-smiley-047 :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: you sound like my dad.

grahamw48
10th April 2013, 15:03
Well, my old man's dad was secretary of the local Conservative club (in a coal mining area :biggrin:), and my mum's dad was a Methodist minister. :Erm:

raynaputi
10th April 2013, 15:10
My parents and I (well actually all of us in the family) really don't talk about politics. Probably only when it's election. We just don't want to waste our time talking about something we know we don't have control of.. Hahahahaha :icon_lol:

andy222
10th April 2013, 15:38
Yes same political views and he was right. Just before he died he said this country would be shops and warehouses and he was right.

Dedworth
10th April 2013, 15:47
I think I picked up on my parents views and beliefs from a very early age. They both served in the Royal Air Force and had a strong sense of patriotism. Dad only ever bought the Mail & the Telegraph :biggrin:

grahamw48
10th April 2013, 16:01
Telegraph and Express for my dad...30 years RN. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mum's dad was 35 years Army.

Ako Si Jamie
10th April 2013, 22:58
Americans, Irish, Catholics and Tories were regularly criticized during my upbringing. Don't agree with most of my parents views apart from the anti-Tory ones.