PDA

View Full Version : Got really excited today...because....no really, what do you mean is that all?

Iani
10th April 2013, 19:53
Because - I managed to get a load of washing dry by hanging it outside.

This shows two things:

a. In this country, especially after last year where it rained nearly every day, and the recent snowmageddon (which to be honest, if you are over 30 and remember the 80's, 70's, 60's.........was no more than a normal and quite mild winter for snow), it's getting quite an achievement to actually dry washing outside. Or maybe it was just like the rains coming to the outback, you sort of remember it was kind of wet, but when it comes it's celebration time.

b. I am particularly boring and plain sad

I also rubbed down the door frame filled with putty (badly) and gave it a coat of paint. The previous owner put this gorgeous hand made wooden door with stained glass in it.........into a crappy old frame with the mastic splitting. Great idea!
I know really it needs the old mastic chiselling out and re-doing, but for the moment, money is tight, I am tighter.....nah.

Living the dream here. Might do the ironing next

Terpe
10th April 2013, 19:59
You've probably got a whole lotta sprucing up to do before your wife arrives. :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Good luck with that.
Your fridge will never be the same again.
Oh and better start a collection of plastic carrier bags :biggrin:

grahamw48
10th April 2013, 20:03
I made the mistake of flooring out our attic....and then introducing her to car boot sales. The charity shops she found all on her own. That's when the collecting started. :doh

Iani
10th April 2013, 20:04
Oh great :icon_lol:

Nah, she will soon adjust to me. Wash once a week to save on hot water, live on pot noodles and tinned baked beans and the heating only goes on when there is ice on the inside of the windows.

grahamw48
10th April 2013, 20:07
You and I would have made a great couple. :laugher:

imagine
10th April 2013, 20:20

Nah, she will soon adjust to me. Wash once a week to save on hot water, live on pot noodles and tinned baked beans and the heating only goes on when there is ice on the inside of the windows.
plenty beans plenty methane will keep ya warm :icon_lol:

stevewool
10th April 2013, 20:29
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:, it gets to us all the older we get the more wiser we become:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
10th April 2013, 20:35

:NoNo: i lived like that and had money in the bank in them days
now its 4 loads of washing a week and that's just for my stepson:doh, lights left on, central heating on most of the day (when i'm not here :NoNo:) meat in the fridge thrown out that's out of date, i could go on and on :bigcry:

grahamw48
10th April 2013, 20:40
My bills have gone down by a fortune since my boy left home last September, but I'd rather he was still here. :cwm3: