PDA

View Full Version : OMG! I am here now in Rochester,UK

Arjie
12th April 2013, 10:31
What a long journey coming here to England...I am in jet-lag right now, but i have to share my experiences when i arrived the Heathrow Airport Terminal 5.What a long queue in UK Border yesterday afternoon(April 11,2013) I can't believe it..Wow!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anyway,when its my turn i handed to the immigration officer my Passport with the landing card.She checked it,she asked me some questions,what reason are you here?I told her to get married to my fiancé,she asked me what's the name of my fiancé and i answered her question,she asked me again,when you get married,and after marriage do you have to go back to the Philippines? and i said No.So, she gave me a piece of paper she told me, i will send you to the health clinic for chest x-ray.I said to her, i have a result for chest x-ray but it wasn't sufficient because it's not an approved clinic by UKBA,I asked her do i have to pay for the x-ray,she smile at me and she said No. I'm glad it's free.I am so happy the chest x-ray result "Normal" and quick.Then i went to other immigration officer i handed again my passport and the chest result then he stamped my visa..:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
12th April 2013, 10:40
Welcome to Great Britain, well done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malchard888
12th April 2013, 10:52
Seems u were unlucky with having to have the x ray, didnt happen for my wife when she arrived, still alls well that ends well and I hope u enjoy your new life in our country. :smile:

grahamw48
12th April 2013, 10:57
Welcome to England ! :Jump:

stevie c
12th April 2013, 11:00
Welcome to the land where the streets are paved with gold :biggrin:

Bluebirdjones
12th April 2013, 11:10
So, are you off down to the Cathedral to give thanks ?

.... or gonna shout your joy from the top of the Castle ?

Dedworth
12th April 2013, 12:37

Gimee the postcode pls Stevie I'm not doing a lot this weekend :biggrin:

Arjie
12th April 2013, 14:14

Where? In Buckingham Palace:biggrin:

sars_notd_virus
12th April 2013, 22:04
Hi ARjie thank you for sharing your experience with us and Welcome to England:smile:

stevie c
12th April 2013, 22:49
Where? In Buckingham Palace:biggrin:

Well thats what the eastern europeans think :doh

Iani
12th April 2013, 23:35
Welcome to the best country in the world :xxgrinning--00xx3: Glad to have you aboard

Arthur Little
12th April 2013, 23:48
:smile: Welcome to :Britain: Arjie ... and my very best wishes to you and your husband for your new lives together. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
13th April 2013, 00:55
welcome to uk :xxgrinning--00xx3:

DAnn
13th April 2013, 08:24
Wow! Must be great feeling to be with your loved one...I long for the day when I can kiss him goodnight & wake up next to my Sweetheart again. Might be another year or who knows... The last 3 months of being apart was difficult after having 3 months of good times and living together. Thank you for sharing...it made me smile. :)

Terpe
13th April 2013, 08:28
Welcome to UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just in time for summer :icon_rolleyes:

KeithD
13th April 2013, 09:17

You somehow managed to spell DOG POO and CHEWING GUM as G-O-L-D :Erm:

Enjoy your stay.... pity you just missed the snowy spring :icon_lol:

South-east boy
18th April 2013, 09:14
Welcome to UK and especially Kent! I live nearby in Walderslade which is nearby to Chatham and Gillingham.