PDA

View Full Version : Help Calling to the Philippines

elladelacosta
15th April 2013, 10:09
Hi! what's the cheapest way to call back to the Philippines?

I'm Filipina btw

Thanks!

grahamw48
15th April 2013, 10:12
If you use the number 0871-881-7777, wait for operator reply, then add the number in the Phils, you will be charged at only 8p per minute (on your house phone only).

I use it all the time and have checked my bill. :smile:

elladelacosta
15th April 2013, 11:01
Hi grahamw48 thank you so much for the help! :smile:

grahamw48
15th April 2013, 11:06
Walang anuman. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
15th April 2013, 11:14
If you use the number 0871-881-7777, wait for operator reply, then add the number in the Phils, you will be charged at only 8p per minute (on your house phone only).

is that to a landlines and mobiles in phil or only landline to landline?

melovesengland
15th April 2013, 12:22
We use viber, skype or foocall.

viber is free but the number that you are going to ring should have viber app as well. http://www.viber.com/faq

skype is free but if you going to ring from skype to someones phone/mobile number then youve got to pay for their rates per minute. http://www.skype.com/en/rates/

Foocall is the same, we use it to call my husbands auntie living in OZ but it isnt free there is a charge as well but way to cheap than the normal international calls, for more infos bout foocall go to this link. http://www.foocall.com/why-cheap-international-calls

Hope that helps. :smile:

grahamw48
15th April 2013, 18:25
is that to a landlines and mobiles in phil or only landline to landline?

You can call any type of phone Stewart, as far as I know. I've only called my g/f's mobile so far. 8p a minute...confirmed on my (Virgin Media) phone bill. :smile:

imagine
15th April 2013, 18:55
You can call any type of phone Stewart, as far as I know. I've only called my g/f's mobile so far. 8p a minute...confirmed on my (Virgin Media) phone bill. :smile:

cheers :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
15th April 2013, 20:06

Hmm, very good info thanks Graham :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
15th April 2013, 20:46
skype, viber and lebara

bod
16th April 2013, 22:34
We have aVonage box in our house in the Philippines, plugs into the internet router, It has a phone connected to it. I pay about £6 per month, It has a UK no and the same std code as our home town. If we phone them from the uk it is a local call (we have another box here as well so its free vonage to vonage) If they phone us on our landline no , or infact any uk landline no its free, Its great for phone calls back to the uk when we are out in the Philippines , we can spend hours on the phone without the worry of the cost of it all.
When my wife came over to the uk 20 years ago BT was the only way to call and it was someting like £1.80 per minute!

grahamw48
16th April 2013, 22:39
Yes, I remember that....about 5 quid while you were waiting for someone to come back and say sorry...she's out. :Brick:

These young people today...don't know they're born. :olddude: :biggrin:

SimonH
17th April 2013, 06:40
We use a Boss Revolution card, 8p/min to landlines 10p/min mobiles. Use a mobile to phone as well as initially you're calling a UK number and I can use my free minutes. They usually give you a bonus, so last time I credited £20 to the card I got a £10 bonus, which means 10p/min works out at 6.5p/min :smile:

stevewool
17th April 2013, 08:13
rebtel, used it for years and has never let us down :xxgrinning--00xx3:

elladelacosta
18th April 2013, 03:37
Hello all, was able to try grahamw48's suggestion. it worked nicely! Thank you all for the help. I wanted to try Viber but my mom does not have a smart phone :icon_lol:

However I heard from a friend that there is Smart (Philippine Network) here! can anyone confirm? and are the rates similar to Philippine rates? :smile:

Steve.r
18th April 2013, 04:39
Hello all, was able to try grahamw48's suggestion. it worked nicely! Thank you all for the help. I wanted to try Viber but my mom does not have a smart phone :icon_lol:

However I heard from a friend that there is Smart (Philippine Network) here! can anyone confirm? and are the rates similar to Philippine rates? :smile:Viber is good if you can get your Mum a cheap smart phone. We also use Whatsapp too because you can send voice clips, text messages and small video clips too. Normally if my wife is at home it is free on the house Wi-Fi, but I think on her phone contract she can use the internet for an hour for so many peso (cant remember exactly) Not sure about Smart in the UK though.

lovejoy
18th April 2013, 07:00
I'm using my O2 mobile Top Up for £10 and have 50mins free call to the Philippines but 50mins is not enough I used Skype £7.46 per month and got 120 mins call.

grahamw48
18th April 2013, 10:37

However I heard from a friend that there is Smart (Philippine Network) here! can anyone confirm? and are the rates similar to Philippine rates? :smile:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Angel1403
18th April 2013, 21:49
Thanks for info :)