PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Certificate and NSO

Paul77
17th April 2013, 05:26
After some really good help from here i got all the forms and everything sorted and got married in the Philippines April 7th:smile:

What i'm asking is,the marriage certificate,they do names differently over here as there middle name is the mothers maiden name.
On the marriage certificate i have my full name for example Paul John Smith but my wife says it should include my mothers maiden name(Holt for example) So first name Paul John second name Holt Surname Smith. What do you think is that correct?

Forms are about to be processed at NSO so need to know now to try and make a change if needed.

Steve.r
17th April 2013, 06:08
I don't believe my certificate has that requirement. I do not have it to hand, so others might be able to give a definitive answer. But from what I can remember, I cannot remember this as necessary.

Paul77
17th April 2013, 06:15
Hi Steve
The Certificate of marriage has
Name Of Contracting Parties
HUSBAND
(First) Paul
(Middle)John
(Last)Smith

My passport reads Given Name Paul John Surname Smith.So i just used the name i've always used since i was born on the certificate but she says it should be
HUSBAND
(First)Paul John
(Middle)Holt (as that is mothers maiden name)
(Last) Smith
So we are trying to adjust it but not sure if that is right thing to do or not but she is positive it is.

grahame 1
17th April 2013, 07:44
Hi Steve , just got married in the philippines and just used my normal name.Although certificate has n't been issued yet. told it will take 4 weeks

Steve.r
17th April 2013, 08:35
Congratulations Grahame, :xxgrinning--00xx3: I am pretty sure only the name on my passport was ever needed.

grahame 1
17th April 2013, 11:09
Thanks Steve, now the visa

Steve.r
17th April 2013, 13:10
Thanks Steve, now the visa
yes, the difficult bit. Good job I am not going that direction :smile:

Paul77
17th April 2013, 15:37
Sorted it out at City Hall,Given name on passport was needed,didn't need mothers maiden name.