PDA

View Full Version : Question Time - Daily Mail & MMR

Jamesey
18th April 2013, 23:26
Is anyone lese watching Question Time? It's making me so angry! :cwm23::cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

Amanda Platell was trying to defend the Daily Mail's despicable role in the MMR scandal several years ago! Some other panellists and a doctor in the audience have been trying to bring the debate back to the science and evidence, but Platell was still trying to score political points. She got some support from Michael Howard, but that's no surprise.

And by the way, I'd support compulsory vaccination of children. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Doc Alan
18th April 2013, 23:51
Sorry Jamesey, I missed " Question Time " as I was preparing a thread on measles in the Health section of the forum.

Thanks for your response to my thread :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The " Lancet " medical journal at least discredited Mr Wakefield ( a doctor until removed from the GMC register ) and stated that they wished they had not published the article. The press had also failed to report his studies critically. Tony Blair ( Prime Minister at the time ) refused to say whether his son Leo had been given the MMR vaccine ( apparently he had ). Of course that was his personal choice, but it didn't stop the health scare :doh.