PDA

View Full Version : we have a builder

stevewool
19th April 2013, 08:07
well would you beleive it,
We have a builder going round to Ems dads place to check the roof and what cost too, done this from here in england over the internet, i found this site and sent a email and after so many emails hes going round this saturday and going to give a free quote,
Will keep everyone updated, thats if you are intrested if you are not dont bother replying to this message because you may only upset yourseft

KeithD
19th April 2013, 08:39
Is the guys name BOB? :icon_rolleyes:

mickcant
19th April 2013, 11:27
Hi Steve,
It will be interesting to hear what he says, did the family say what they thought it would cost?
Mick.:wink:

Terpe
19th April 2013, 12:07
For what it's worth there's a building contractor here in the forum.
Username is Koala.
Aussie builder living and working in Dumaguete City

Food for thought.

lordna
19th April 2013, 12:29
well would you beleive it,
We have a builder going round to Ems dads place to check the roof and what cost too, done this from here in england over the internet, i found this site and sent a email and after so many emails hes going round this saturday and going to give a free quote,
Will keep everyone updated, thats if you are intrested if you are not dont bother replying to this message because you may only upset yourseft

As you emailed him from the UK he has probably already worked out he can charge you double!

fred
19th April 2013, 12:40
As you emailed him from the UK he has probably already worked out he can charge you double!

And the rest!!! He`ll probably do a deal with the family IMO..
Good work if you can get it!!:icon_lol:

jake
19th April 2013, 12:41
Look forward to hearing how much and what is involved.

Do you have any pictures of the house and roof?

grahamw48
19th April 2013, 14:30
Now that's a good idea....and a good use of modern technology. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I do it all the time as part of my job.

grahamw48
19th April 2013, 14:32
Wish I'd taken a pic of the big fig tree I've just chopped down 20 minutes ago and reduced to green bin sized pieces. :Erm:

Terpe
19th April 2013, 14:40
Is the guys name BOB? :icon_rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD0vHZxAmso&feature=player_detailpage

jake
19th April 2013, 14:54
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD0vHZxAmso&feature=player_detailpage

Having a slow internet connection does have its advantages :smile:

stevewool
28th April 2013, 15:17
well we have the price, dont know what for because so much has been added we think,new electrics, raising the walls by 3 blocks, all for the figure of 350,000, looks like we are going to wait till we are over there to sort this out

jake
28th April 2013, 15:26
well we have the price, dont know what for because so much has been added we think,new electrics, raising the walls by 3 blocks, all for the figure of 350,000, looks like we are going to wait till we are over there to sort this out

300k and my boys will start a week on Monday :biggrin:

Thanks for letting us know Steve. Do you have any pictures? We own several properties and we have renovated a couple this year so i have a rough idea how much things cost as i bought the materials.

stevewool
28th April 2013, 15:43
no pictures just yet, Ems would love to knock it down and rebuild about 7 doors as she calls them but at what price i ask her, wont cost much at all is the answer, :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:, is my answer

Steve.r
28th April 2013, 16:57
Steve, here is some food for thought. You know our garage building where you and Emma slept. We are currently extending it into another bungalow. All the front side has been taken right out, the width increased but 2.5 meters along the whole length. It will have a large bedroom with en-suite bathroom/shower and a large living room and open plan kitchen to the side path end. The roof width is doubled (pretty much) is size. Outside, there is a terrace and tiled sitting area under the lean-to roof. All electrics and drainage are new, so it is basically a brand new house. The price for this package 200,000 peso. The only things we have to buy extra are the windows, doors, kitchen sink/taps, bathroom fittings and tiles. I think to be honest someone is adding on their bonus at 350k Steve, please be careful buddy.

stevewool
28th April 2013, 17:03
the money is staying in my deep pockets till we both agree on what is best for all of us, my idea is to sell the dads place, he then can have a new home near his daughters and everyone is happy,,
Its like everything you have to keep looking till you know what you want to do and whether you can do it too

stevewool
28th April 2013, 17:33
Steve, here is some food for thought. You know our garage building where you and Emma slept. We are currently extending it into another bungalow. All the front side has been taken right out, the width increased but 2.5 meters along the whole length. It will have a large bedroom with en-suite bathroom/shower and a large living room and open plan kitchen to the side path end. The roof width is doubled (pretty much) is size. Outside, there is a terrace and tiled sitting area under the lean-to roof. All electrics and drainage are new, so it is basically a brand new house. The price for this package 200,000 peso. The only things we have to buy extra are the windows, doors, kitchen sink/taps, bathroom fittings and tiles. I think to be honest someone is adding on their bonus at 350k Steve, please be careful buddy.

sounds wonderful Steve, is it a holiday home

jonnijon
28th April 2013, 23:02
350,000 :yikes: a carpenter is only 250 pesos a day.

sars_notd_virus
29th April 2013, 18:42

yes , you and emma should be there...the materials shouldnt be as high as what you pay for your laborers.

jonnijon
29th April 2013, 23:26
Cement is now 240 pesos a bag :yikes: