PDA

View Full Version : Application form questions

andy222
22nd April 2013, 16:19
Stuck on a question here guys.
Have you lived with your sponsor akin to marriage or after your marrriage?

marksroomspain
22nd April 2013, 18:15
Hi Andy I remember that question when my wife completed her form.

My wife put that we lived together at her home in the Philippines for 9 days after our wedding which we did and there was no problem....

stevie c
22nd April 2013, 18:36
Hi Andy I remember that question when my wife completed her form.

My wife put that we lived together at her home in the Philippines for 9 days after our wedding which we did and there was no problem....

Yep thats what i did put the amount of time that we spent together after the wedding

joebloggs
22nd April 2013, 19:05
What does “Akin to marriage” ("Like a marriage") mean? Some visa application forms may ask if the applicant has been in a relationship ‘akin to marriage’ and applicants have observed that the meaning of this phrase is vague. This is intentional. For our FAQ, we have adopted the view that a relationship akin to marriage will have the following traits...

Outward signs of affection
Companionship
Physical intimacy
Emotional support; and
Mutual concern for each other’s welfare.

These traits distinguish a genuine marriage from a sham marriage. It is our view that when a relationship is genuine, these traits are apparent regardless if the couple has been together in a relationship for a day, a month, a year, or even decades. The participants in a sham marriage, for example, will not engage in physical intimacy or demonstrate deep concern for each other’s welfare, so if your relationship can be characterized by any of these traits, then your answer to the question on the application form would be ‘YES’. Note that our definition of ‘akin to marriage’ may not be appropriate for all couples, but if it works for you, certainly use it.

http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/family-visas/spousal-visa

andy222
22nd April 2013, 21:35
Great guys thanks a lot I will put the dates I visited there. :xxgrinning--00xx3: