PDA

View Full Version : Spouse Visa + Child

Lovemanila
4th May 2013, 13:39
Hello

I am planning to get re-married to a filipina, but she has a child. I would prefer if my future wife would join me first and after she is settled with a job here in the UK maybe 1 year later she can bring her child. Then before her child is here it would give us freedom to travel around a bit and for her to get ajob before things would then become more difficult with her child.. he is just 4 years old..

My question is this.

Is it best to apply for a spouse visa + child together at the same time? I was thinking that if they apply same time then the child could come 6 months or a year later and they will both have the visa valid for 2 years.

Would it be more complicated if she arrives first on spouse visa then we apply for her child to come here after say 1 year? Is it looked on in a worse light to apply for the childs visa after she is here or it doesnt make any difference?

Also my basic salarly is just under the threshold for a child but there are other things such a shift allowance which is a permanent amount paid in my salary which takes it up to 24k but the actual contract of employment says 22k. Does that make any difference? The wage slips will show over 24k per month

Thanks!

sars_notd_virus
4th May 2013, 14:56
My daughter applied the same time as me (spouse visa + dependent) ...but that was three years ago there is no additional financial requirements to bring your dependent here that time.

I would suggest that it is still better to take her child as they will get the same visa to settle here....as long as you meet all financial requirements, accomodation then go for it..btw, is the childs father not named in the birth certificate?

Lovemanila
4th May 2013, 15:24
I think the childs father maybe named on the birth certificate. They split up a year or so after the child was born.

Lovemanila
6th May 2013, 16:59
Hello. Any further comments? thank you!

Terpe
6th May 2013, 20:09
Hello. Any further comments? thank you!

Just to re-state what you already know that in an ideal world the optimum case is that where the child will join with your wife.

In the case where the child does not join the mother you would both need to extremely careful to maintain 'sole responsibility'. This would become a key factor with UKBA later down the line.
I strongly suggest you both understand about Sole Responsibility before making final decisions.
Plenty of great info here within the forum from those who have followed that path. Just make a quick search
Do not make promises that cannot be fulfilled.

Does the bio father have any contact or provide any support?
If the bio father is named on the birth certificate and the child is using the bio fathers surname, there might be some complications in securing a passport.
Please check this out. It will have an impact anytime a passport is applied for.
Look here:-
http://passport.com.ph/requirements