PDA

View Full Version : brugge

stevewool
4th May 2013, 16:04
a few days in brugge , anyone any tips, remember cheap as chips:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
4th May 2013, 16:10
Had a few wets here a couple of years ago - massive beer selection and good food

http://www.cambrinus.eu/default.htm

stevewool
4th May 2013, 16:14
looks like fun if there was a crowd going there, thanks Dedworth looks amazing place must get a picture of the place with Ems standing in the doorway:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th May 2013, 18:27
Bruges is a great place for a long weekend. (PS so is Brussels BTW)

Talk about great minds Dedworth, I've been to that place many times. Great selection of beers and a really nice and friendly atmsophere. Some nice foods also. Just to prove what a boring old tourist I can be, I always order a large beer(s) and a large moules frites. (The bib looks good on me too :biggrin:)

On a serious note Steve, Bruges has some fabulous medieval architecture and a good number of really great churches (If you like that sort of thing - we do)
If you only want to visit the best then be sure it's The Church Of Our Lady and the Basilica of the Holy Blood. You won't be sorry. (Both were free when we went, can't get cheaper than that :xxgrinning--00xx3:)

Apart from the usual shopping for Emma, there's the ubiquitous city tour buses (get from the Market Square) not too expensive, and you must take a canal boat tour. We reckon a canal boat tour is the bee's knee's - Just a really great time and interesting too.

All-in-all that's a great choice for a city break IMO

Have fun you both

Dedworth
4th May 2013, 19:12
KoE9edjEDCI

stevewool
4th May 2013, 20:15
KoE9edjEDCI

good film:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
4th May 2013, 20:16
Bruges is a great place for a long weekend. (PS so is Brussels BTW)

Talk about great minds Dedworth, I've been to that place many times. Great selection of beers and a really nice and friendly atmsophere. Some nice foods also. Just to prove what a boring old tourist I can be, I always order a large beer(s) and a large moules frites. (The bib looks good on me too :biggrin:)

On a serious note Steve, Bruges has some fabulous medieval architecture and a good number of really great churches (If you like that sort of thing - we do)
If you only want to visit the best then be sure it's The Church Of Our Lady and the Basilica of the Holy Blood. You won't be sorry. (Both were free when we went, can't get cheaper than that :xxgrinning--00xx3:)

Apart from the usual shopping for Emma, there's the ubiquitous city tour buses (get from the Market Square) not too expensive, and you must take a canal boat tour. We reckon a canal boat tour is the bee's knee's - Just a really great time and interesting too.

All-in-all that's a great choice for a city break IMO

Have fun you both

thanks Peter we have only 1 full day there so its up early and bed late, but i am sure we can all we want in that time

Pete/London
5th May 2013, 00:23
Was in Bruges in Jan, stayed at the Grand Casselbergh Hotel, very good breakfast buffet but did not rate the room.
If you want cheap the only thing I can suggest is to take sandwiches:yikes: