PDA

View Full Version : Pork found in halal lamb burgers

jake
9th May 2013, 13:17
Traces of pork have been found in Halal lamb burgers served in schools in Leicester.

The city council said the products have been removed from premises in the city.

DNA tests were made on a sample from a batch of frozen burgers manufactured by Doncaster-based Paragon Quality Foods Limited in January.

Assistant Mayor Councillor Vi Dempster said: "I am appalled by this situation. It is disgraceful that none of us can have confidence in the food we eat."

Halal products are used in 24 schools in Leicester but the lamb burger is the only food supplied by this particular company.

All other halal meals served in municipal kitchens in the area have been tested and found to be compliant.

An investigation is being carried out by the Food Standards Agency and Doncaster Council into how and where the pork got into the meat.

The Federation of Muslim Organisations is urging the Leicester local authority to take legal action against the offending supplier.

Suleman Nagdi said: "A prosecution would be in the public interest and would send a clear message to all businesses in this sector that contamination will not be tolerated."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pork-found-halal-lamb-burgers-schools-110455191.html#7UbQ5C7

You lot get horse meat and they get pork :biggrin:

Dedworth
9th May 2013, 13:31
Excellent :biggrin:

These will be some of the Halal stuff they force upon those of us who don't want it

fred
9th May 2013, 15:44
Pork found in halal lamb burgers

Well that just made my day!!! Thanks!
Anyway..A bit of mint sauce and you wouldn't notice the difference!

grahamw48
9th May 2013, 16:46
It's a damned disgrace that this meat is permitted at all in this country. :mad:

More religious mumbo jumbo foisted upon civilised people.

What are the RSPCA doing about the CRUELTY TO ANIMALS ? NOTHING ! :NoNo:

That is why they don't get a penny from me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313303/Britain-goes-halal---tells-public.html

This country is truly gutless and pathetic. :cwm23:

les_taxi
9th May 2013, 17:50
It's a damned disgrace that this meat is permitted at all in this country. :mad:

More religious mumbo jumbo foisted upon civilised people.

What are the RSPCA doing about the CRUELTY TO ANIMALS ? NOTHING ! :NoNo:

That is why they don't get a penny from me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1313303/Britain-goes-halal---tells-public.html

This country is truly gutless and pathetic. :cwm23:

I found out a shop i used sold this ..... and go no more-I also put people off going:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Dedworth
9th May 2013, 18:39
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/25/article-1315278-0B59D6AB000005DC-396_634x318.jpg

It's an absolute disgrace - next time I venture into a Nandos I'll demand non halal chicken

grahamw48
9th May 2013, 19:05
Fortunately I don't eat out in this country EVER.

I was put out when my favourite cheap Tesco burgers were withdrawn though. :cwm3:

imagine
9th May 2013, 22:02
i miss tesco horse burgers :bigcry:

grahamw48
9th May 2013, 22:26
Yes....they're the ones.

Only £1.50 for 4 quarter pounders. :cwm3:

At least they're back to stocking the healthier Chicken ones now.

les_taxi
9th May 2013, 22:28
Can't find Steak Canadian's now:bigcry:
Went into Jack Fultons to be told 'We don't stock em due to horse meat scandal'

grahamw48
9th May 2013, 22:35
Where can we buy horse meat ? :Erm:

fred
10th May 2013, 01:00
At least they're back to stocking the healthier Chicken ones now.

What are the Chicken ones mixed with Graham?
Traces of all that dodgy Halal meat?

grahamw48
10th May 2013, 01:03
Well, as long as the poor things have been strangled properly. :smile:

Steve.r
10th May 2013, 01:06
What really annoys me about this whole story/sham.... :cwm23: is the fact that they only find DNA traces!!!!!!!! We are not talking about huge lumps of solid meat or gristle we are talking about traces of DNA!!!!!

Come on UK...... WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

grahamw48
10th May 2013, 01:10
Yeah, probably about the same amount of meat as you'd get in a hotdog in Trafalgar Square. :biggrin:

fred
10th May 2013, 01:20
we are talking about traces of DNA!!!!!

Jokes aside,why was the horse DNA there? Did they tell us yet?
Me personally..I like a big lump of meat that only contains the DNA of the particular breed of animal I want to stick in my gob and chew..
I might come across as a bit of a boring old purist but I dont like what these mad scientists have done to our food crops either..:thumbsdown:

fred
10th May 2013, 01:22
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck..It could be 2% chicken.

imagine
10th May 2013, 01:40
the traces of dna , are proberbly the left over contamination traces of pig the from improperly washed burger machine makers and unwashed hands of the factory workers, after producing and packaging the previous product which was proberbly pork sausages :Erm:

fred
10th May 2013, 03:06
the traces of dna , are proberbly the left over contamination traces of pig the from improperly washed burger machine makers and unwashed hands of the factory workers, after producing and packaging the previous product which was proberbly pork sausages :Erm:

I know Domestos kills all known germs ..but DNA?
How do you kill that stuff?

Steve.r
10th May 2013, 03:24
I know Domestos kills all known germs ..but DNA?
How do you kill that stuff?

FIRE..............KILL IT WITH FIRE :cwm23::cwm23:

fred
10th May 2013, 03:29
FIRE..............KILL IT WITH FIRE :cwm23::cwm23:

Sounds like one of my BBQ nights!!
DNA exterminated..Job done.:wink: