PDA

View Full Version : Update On Family Life

sheldon1
10th May 2013, 15:38
Hi Everybody. I am sorry i have not been posting that often but it's been a hectic few weeks, since my wife and kids arrived.

First things first. We applied for my wife's National Insurance Number. We have just received it today. It took about 4 weeks to come. She did not need an interview. Just a number to phone, and then a few forms to fill in. So she can legally work now.

I have had a bit of a battle trying to get my Children into the local School. I had to appeal as there was only one place for my 6 year old. Not for my 7 Year old. I appealed on Friday at the local Town Hall. I received a letter on Wednesday it was overturned. My Children start School on Monday. It's a really nice School. My Local MP helped me a lot. She has been by my side since the Visa process started back in June. She really is a star.

My wife's confidence is lacking a bit. She is very shy. And i am struggling to get her out of the house and mixing with other people. That will most likely change now the kids are at School. I am still working nights and still a lot of hours.

My wife has met a Filipino lady who runs a shop in our local Town. So she has a few friends now. I turn the big 50 on the 28th May. So we are planning a little night out around that weekend.

I hope all our members are well and in good spirits. The visa's seem to be coming in strong. That's great news to hear. The weather hopefully will be nice soon also.

Keep well guys. Keep you all posted as my wife's journey to UK continues.

Sheldon:xxgrinning--00xx3::wink:

Terpe
10th May 2013, 16:57
Glad to learn you've all settled down a little. Don't be too concerned about the trials you're all still facing, the family is together and a strong unit for it.
It will take time for your wife to 'find her feet', it's a really big change from life in the Philippines.
Always step-by-step is the sure way.

Best wishes to all for a bright future:xxgrinning--00xx3:

lordna
10th May 2013, 17:08
Hi Everybody. I am sorry i have not been posting that often but it's been a hectic few weeks, since my wife and kids arrived.

First things first. We applied for my wife's National Insurance Number. We have just received it today. It took about 4 weeks to come. She did not need an interview. Just a number to phone, and then a few forms to fill in. So she can legally work now.

I have had a bit of a battle trying to get my Children into the local School. I had to appeal as there was only one place for my 6 year old. Not for my 7 Year old. I appealed on Friday at the local Town Hall. I received a letter on Wednesday it was overturned. My Children start School on Monday. It's a really nice School. My Local MP helped me a lot. She has been by my side since the Visa process started back in June. She really is a star.

My wife's confidence is lacking a bit. She is very shy. And i am struggling to get her out of the house and mixing with other people. That will most likely change now the kids are at School. I am still working nights and still a lot of hours.

My wife has met a Filipino lady who runs a shop in our local Town. So she has a few friends now. I turn the big 50 on the 28th May. So we are planning a little night out around that weekend.

I hope all our members are well and in good spirits. The visa's seem to be coming in strong. That's great news to hear. The weather hopefully will be nice soon also.

Keep well guys. Keep you all posted as my wife's journey to UK continues.

Sheldon:xxgrinning--00xx3::wink:

Hi Sheldon,
Reading your item reminded me of what we had been through, and forgotten, nearly 3 years ago now. If your wife finds a little job that will help her mix with others and gain in confidence. Good luck to you both.Don't forget to keep all those letters addressed to you both throughout your time here ready for when you apply for ILR. Time goes quickly!

Iani
11th May 2013, 09:10
Great stuff, good to hear about the school thing, that can be a nightmare for anyone. Especially good to hear your wife has started to make friends, that's a big help

songz777
11th May 2013, 11:24
Wishing you all the best Sheldon & your dear family. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
11th May 2013, 11:39
Way to go.:xxgrinning--00xx3:. Your mp must be good. A labour one at that. Mine is useless.:doh