PDA

View Full Version : is it me or does this really happen

stevewool
11th May 2013, 11:08
just got out of the shower and yes before many say it, it is a pretty sight too:xxgrinning--00xx3:, anyway back to the story, does the water get colder in winter so you have to put the shower on to hotter, and in summer the water heats up so you can reduce the heater for the shower,
We have a combi boiler so put the shower on and the boiler kicks in, just seems strange to me so does it happen to others in winter too

imagine
11th May 2013, 11:16
the boiler will kick in anytime you run a hot tap or shower, in the winter when the boiler is heating the house, you wont notice or hear it kick in for the shower,

cold water from the mains will be colder in winter and use a little more energy to instant heat

andy222
11th May 2013, 11:42
Have you noticed when your having a shower and someone in another room turns the hot water tap on you nearly get scalded.?:cwm23:

stevewool
11th May 2013, 11:52
Have you noticed when your having a shower and someone in another room turns the hot water tap on you nearly get scalded.?:cwm23:

indeed many times, infact picture this, when Ems first got here i was in the shower and it was going hot and then cold, then hot and cold again, so here is me shouting downstairs to Ems but did she hear me NO, so i got that feed up i got out the shower and straight down stairs naked and told her to stop running the taps, i dont know who was more afraid , her looking at me naked or me looking at her holding that knife she just washed

andy222
11th May 2013, 11:57
the boiler will kick in anytime you run a hot tap or shower, in the winter when the boiler is heating the house, you wont notice or hear it kick in for the shower,

cold water from the mains will be colder in winter and use a little more energy to instant heat
This might be to do with your body temperature. Then again I might be wrong. Surely if the thermostat is working correctly it should be the same temperature all year round.

imagine
11th May 2013, 12:39
This might be to do with your body temperature. Then again I might be wrong. Surely if the thermostat is working correctly it should be the same temperature all year round.

yes body temperature does play a big part on how hot the water feels,
the water passes through a thermostat so it should be a balanced temperature

Arthur Little
11th May 2013, 13:16
Oh Gawd! :olddude: I know exactly what you're talking about, Steve. I had a combi-boiler fitted in 2005 ... under a Modernisation Scheme [EAGA Partnership] implemented by the Scottish Parliament during the previous year for the over 60s.

I tend to prefer a :free-love-smileys-3 to a :Shower: - unless I'm in a hurry - but the principle's the same, in that, the water temperature invariably FEELS more "chilly" :freezin: in winter (when, ideally, it "oughter feel hotter") and vice~versa throughout our so-called summer! :doh

imagine
11th May 2013, 15:17
it can be got around by installing a hot water storage tank to the system, but must have at least 1 hot tap remaining connection to instant hot water direct from the boilier

grahamw48
11th May 2013, 16:10
I can't afford one of those posh showers (I do it Filipino style, using scoop) The water in the butt outside is definitely a degree or two warmer now. More mosquito larvae though. :smile:

stevewool
11th May 2013, 16:22
I can't afford one of those posh showers (I do it Filipino style, using scoop) The water in the butt outside is definitely a degree or two warmer now. More mosquito larvae though. :smile:

we have the scoop here too, well its a jug really but hey it holds water and thats what it is all about

imagine
11th May 2013, 16:38

you need hot or at least warm water at your age :olddude::biggrin:

grahamw48
11th May 2013, 16:46
Well, it's not too bad now thanks Stewart...since I decided to only wash every other week. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
11th May 2013, 16:49
Well, it's not too bad now thanks Stewart...since I decided to only wash every other week. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:omg::laugher:

Michael Parnham
12th May 2013, 10:52
indeed many times, infact picture this, when Ems first got here i was in the shower and it was going hot and then cold, then hot and cold again, so here is me shouting downstairs to Ems but did she hear me NO, so i got that feed up i got out the shower and straight down stairs naked and told her to stop running the taps, i dont know who was more afraid , her looking at me naked or me looking at her holding that knife she just washed

Brilliant Steve:laugher::laugher:

Iani
12th May 2013, 11:42
Oh yes, the water definitely gets colder in winter, it's a known thing - the manufacturer of our shower put in the instructions that the shower will need to be on a higher setting in winter due to the input being colder.

You'll notice it too, if we get a hot day and you want to run water for soft drinks, the water you get will sometimes be almost lukewarm. In winter, it's like it's been in the fridge.

Iani
12th May 2013, 11:44
Taking a shower Filipino style - wifey tipping the ladle over me and soaping me down, now that's something I miss (As you can imagine I'm sure :wink: )

Might try suggesting we do that here, although perhaps not in the back garden like over there. It would scare the neighbours cat