PDA

View Full Version : Sending balik bayan boxes through Bayan Oriental foods Havant Cosham

Paully
12th May 2013, 10:37
Hi everybody!
I just want to ask if anybody has tried sending an LBC Balikbayan box to Manila through a filipino shop called Bayan Oriental Foods? This shop is located in 62 C Havant Road Cosham Portsmouth PO6 2QZ. Are they reliable? Thank you!

Paully

Terpe
12th May 2013, 10:39
Are they registered LBC agents?
If not, I'd deal directly with LBC customer services who will advise nearest 'agent' for you.

Gusto_Ko_Na
12th May 2013, 13:49
I have a friend who recommended this place to me, shes been living Portsmouth for 20+ years. This is the place she uses. I haven't used it myself yet, but I will be in the next few days.

sars_notd_virus
12th May 2013, 15:24
Hi everybody!
I just want to ask if anybody has tried sending an LBC Balikbayan box to Manila through a filipino shop called Bayan Oriental Foods? This shop is located in 62 C Havant Road Cosham Portsmouth PO6 2QZ. Are they reliable? Thank you!

Paully

I dont trust agents , why not go directly to LBC?
heres the link:
http://www.lbcexpress.com/UK

..just contact them and arrange to drop empty balikbayan boxes into your place , you will pay deposit (usually , i order two jumbo boxes so thats 20pounds deposit which will be included in the full payment once theyve collected your box ) ..they will give you Original receipt then once you finished filling up you box just contact them again and they will pick it up right in front of your door.

Paully
12th May 2013, 19:46
Thank you for your reply. Please let me know how it went.

Paully
12th May 2013, 19:55
I dont trust agents , why not go directly to LBC?
heres the link:
http://www.lbcexpress.com/UK

..just contact them and arrange to drop empty balikbayan boxes into your place , you will pay deposit (usually , i order two jumbo boxes so thats 20pounds deposit which will be included in the full payment once theyve collected your box ) ..they will give you Original receipt then once you finished filling up you box just contact them again and they will pick it up right in front of your door.

Thank you! I tried phoning them today but I did not get any answer. I will try again tomorrow.

sars_notd_virus
13th May 2013, 16:25
Thank you! I tried phoning them today but I did not get any answer. I will try again tomorrow.

any news yet Paully ?? strange nobody answers the phone ,..it is usually answered in one or two rings !!..you will notice all of them got a filipino accent and can probably speak tagalog over the phone as well lol

Terpe
13th May 2013, 19:07
Balikbayan Boxes are the best thing since sliced bread :xxgrinning--00xx3:
IMO

Dedworth
13th May 2013, 21:13
Is anyone else puzzled by this thread ?

bigmarco
13th May 2013, 23:44
Is anyone else puzzled by this thread ?

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Gusto_Ko_Na
16th May 2013, 22:07
Got my box from here yesterday. I will get it picked up next Wednesday!

Steve.r
17th May 2013, 01:29
Got my box from here yesterday. I will get it picked up next Wednesday!from who????

Terpe
17th May 2013, 11:58
Got my box from here yesterday. I will get it picked up next Wednesday!

Good luck with your packing.
Follow the LBC suggestions.

Gusto_Ko_Na
17th May 2013, 17:04
from who????

Bayan Oriental foods, Cosham.

^^ Thanks, will do.

Steve.r
18th May 2013, 01:52

^^ Thanks, will do.But who is the carrier?

Gusto_Ko_Na
18th May 2013, 12:23
Lbc

sars_notd_virus
20th May 2013, 16:29
But who is the carrier?

LBC

Spot on Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3:

....some filipino shops give away LBC boxes and once filled up and all packed they send it to different forwarders/carriers:doh

Gusto_Ko_Na
24th May 2013, 16:02
Lbc picked up the box from my place as scheduled. No problems :)

sars_notd_virus
24th May 2013, 16:07
Lbc picked up the box from my place as scheduled. No problems :)

thats cool :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
24th May 2013, 16:39
I always contact LBC and they then get their driver to contact me. I always use their tracking system too .

Gusto_Ko_Na
24th May 2013, 17:35
The driver texted numerous times and called before the pick up. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

He was texting in tagalog, so I thought I would play a game and see if he could figure out I was not Filipino. I replied always in tagalog. He was surely surprised to see a tattooed white guy when I opened the door. hehe :smile: