PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be Pinoy in UK

Magandanglola
12th May 2013, 13:47
I have been in UK as resident since 2011 - a decision I have long delayed. All my children live here in UK - 3 are in Wales and 1 in Nottingham. I have 3 grand children. My husband commutes regularly between UK and the Philippines (to oversee our business).

It took me a while to get used to British way of life, and I am adapting - not complaining. The more I learn about UK, the more I love our country (although there are a lot I want changed in our systems), but there are loads of things to love about our country.

Whenever I get the chance - I brag about the Philippines. Being married to a Brit, I get an outsider's an honest to goodness opinion about the Philippines. He said, in Thailand -- although they have similar corruption, they never speak ill of their country. They boast about their king! While Filipinos "tell the truth" - we say bad things about our country, our government etc. We do not have to lie about the facts, but we can focus on talking about the good things about our people and country.

Be proud to be Pinoy in UK!

stevewool
12th May 2013, 14:20
well said:smile: