PDA

View Full Version : trojan keeps appearing when i open filipinouk

robbie bobby
14th May 2013, 00:43
I keep getting Norton telling me its removing a Trojan called env nocache(1) when I open this forum.

is there anything I can do to get rid of it?

It says its a Trojan malscript and its just been since the appearance of the chat icons on the bottom right hand side of the forum screen.

robbie bobby
14th May 2013, 00:46
infact its on every page I open here and it EXTREMELY ANNOYING

imagine
14th May 2013, 00:52
sounds like its a false report, its proberbly picking up something from the chat applet and falsly identifying it as a trojen, send sample to norton, if its a false find they will identify it as safe, then you will stop getting alerts

the boss will know:biggrin: if its chat

grahamw48
14th May 2013, 00:54
I'm wondering if the new chat system is an 'Envolve' one ? :Erm:

Something I just read on the Norton help site referred to it.

I'm not getting any problems on this site so far, but then neither am I using the new chat facility here. Hmm.

...and I don't use Norton (AVG).

robbie bobby
14th May 2013, 01:02
Thanks.Sent a copy to Norton

imagine
14th May 2013, 01:11
if one antivirus picks up a false report, doesnt follow that they all will,

my old lap top has avast, if that picked up a false report, and confined it to quarentine,
the next day i would get auto report that it was a false find and the file can be released from quarentine, after that no problem,

afraid i dont think much of norton , or macafee either

imagine
14th May 2013, 01:37
after searching google, your not the only one with this problem, its something to do with the chat ,
hers what someone else says,
. Looking at their webpages show the chat in the lower right just like it is setup here. Each page with this chat in the lower right (On or Envolve) will set off the AV Alarm.

see if you get an alert on envolve,
https://www.envolve.com/

mickcant
14th May 2013, 06:15
I use the Microsoft free "essentials" security and do not see any report. :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Mick.:icon_rolleyes: