PDA

View Full Version : Fiancee visa or spouse visa

Jentobeharrison
21st May 2013, 13:12
Hi Guys,

I am new here, I signed up because I know lots of people can help me about my enquiries. So let me start my story.

I met a guy online and he is a british, I met him January 31 and until we became in a relationship last February 16. He went here for 5 days just to meet me and my family and also he proposed to me but no ring yet since he didn't know what he will be seeing here. So May 12 when he arrived here and 18 when he left. My fiance is a 6 year employee of BT and he's well stable as he earns 23000 GBP annually and also he has an apartment but since he went here, he had to save so he went back to his mum's and became a landlord of his apartment now. The house of his mum is entitled to his family and it's only his mom who lives there. We're planning to get married here in Philippines in October and he will be filing just for 5 days because that's the only days which he can be off from work but I just got confirmation that he needs to be here for application of Marriage license and it will be granted after 11 days and that's the time that we can get married within 120 days of validity of that license which cannot be because he cannot stay here longer than 6 days.

So he was asking me if I will allow him to get me and just make my visa application as fiancee.

Here are my questions:

1. Would you think, meeting him once and meeting him in just for how many months will be enough for me to pass fiancee visa?
2. Which is less expensive and less hassle?
3. Requirements for fiancee visa
4. After we get married in UK, what's next?
4. Do we need to finish that 6 months rule before I get a job? Or as soon as i get married I can have one?

Thank you very much in advance for your responses! :)

bigmac
22nd May 2013, 09:25
Would you think, meeting him once and meeting him in just for how many months will be enough -------

---to get married?---and you move half way round the world? not for me to comment----but the heartache misery confusion waiting for a visa decision will be insignificant compared to what your future could bring.

but still--if youre still determined to get into this country--theres lots of threads in this forum to answer all your questions. read on !!

Michael Parnham
22nd May 2013, 10:58
Difficult One For me to answer, but someone will give you the right info, also welcome to the forum Jentobiharrison and Good Luck!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
22nd May 2013, 15:37
Hi Jen, welcome here. :welcomex:

Well just for information, in order to get married in Philippines your fiance would need to spend about 3 weeks there.
That's based on having no major delays/challenges.

.......Here are my questions:

Would you think, meeting him once and meeting him in just for how many months will be enough for me to pass fiancee visa?

This is a question for both you and UKBA to consider.

Do YOU feel that you have developed a sufficiently close relationship to move it up to the marriage level?
Only you can answer that.

As far as UKBA are concerned they will follow their guidelines to inform their decision.
Firstly, you and your partner have met in person, secondly you need to very clearly demonstrate that your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsisting (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/can-you-apply/genuine) (click on that link to follow)
Thirdly, you need to convince the ECO that you are only seeking entry to the UK to allow your marriage to take place.
Means you need to convince the ECO that there's a clear intention to actually marry. To be honest, this largely hinges on whether the relationship is believed to be genuine and subsisting.

One clear advantage with Spouse Visa over Fiancee Visa is that if you are already married then you have already met.
Still doesn't mean the relationship is genuine though.

...Which is less expensive and less hassle?

All partner visa's leading to settlement have the same cost. ( £851)
Based solely on Visa charges, the overall cost from initial application to settlement (5 years on) is more expensive via Fiancee route simple because there is an additional visa to be covered.
Can't really say much about 'hassle' as that largely depends on the quality of evidence submitted with the application.
The waiting times are about the same.

I think a lot of folks find the 'waiting' time in UK between arrival and granting of FLR to be quite difficult to handle especially as being homesick kicks in (without familiar surroundings, friends and family) and then perhaps being bored in a different country and different culture with limited diversions/outlets

...Requirements for fiancee visa

Please click on this form thread link called All New Guide - How to apply for a Fiance Visa (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/39869-All-New-Guide-How-to-apply-for-a-Fiance-Visa)

...After we get married in UK, what's next?

Once married you'll need to apply for Further Leave to Remain (FLR) as a spouse. Currently the cost of application is £578
Until you have received the FLR you immigration status remains frozen under the conditions of the 6 month Fiancee visa.

...Do we need to finish that 6 months rule before I get a job? Or as soon as i get married I can have one?

You are NOT allowed to work (paid or unpaid) until you have applied for and been granted FLR

Hope that helps

Arthur Little
22nd May 2013, 18:05
:welcomex: here, Jen ... lots for you to consider.

However, by following the expert advice given to you by my good friend and fellow Moderator, Terpe - in conjunction with the truly excellent link he's provided - the procedures should soon begin to seem much less complex. :smile:

Best Wishes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jentobeharrison
24th May 2013, 03:54
Oh my gosh. Thank you very much for being so patient in answering all the questions.

Well, there was an official from our city hall who told me that we can pay them so my fiance won't go here anymore just to apply for Marriage License because it will take 11 days or more which can't be as my fiance cannot stay here for 7 days or more.

When we were together for 6 days its like all the excitement, fun were there and it is really the best week for both of us and we really had a hard time separating from each other.

But I am not really sure if photos, chat conversations and money remittance receipts are enough to prove that our relationship is genuine. :(

melovesengland
26th May 2013, 11:53
Ditch that official and his idea of doing it under the table on the bin. Follow the rules love, thats the only GENUINE way you can go unless you dont want to be genuine. I advise you not to rush as there are loads of fallen marriages around which outcomes and results arent nice. I am not scaring you I am just stating the facts. If I were on your shoes, I will forget about visas yet and get to know your partner first before everything. By then you both can start collecting documents, do your research and decide what visa suits you, your partner and all the circumstances around. More proofs that you have met eachother, remittances and photos of your both or any other documents that clearly states that you both have met eachother might help to prove the relationship you both have are genuine.

Be WISE darling and be CAREFUL. There is no turning back after.

sheriel
27th May 2013, 21:23
Be wise,no turning back, its a long way to go courting,but worth all the Pain and Waiting,good luck with your Relationship in the Philippines. :Wave: