PDA

View Full Version : Please need advise

mendoza82
23rd May 2013, 04:59
I have a big problem with my marriage cert,we are about to lodge my visa application hopefully next week,my hubby docs will be deliver anytime today,i just noticed this morning that theres a big mistake on my marriage cert.my hubby mum;smaiden name is GLADYS DAY thats what written in my hubby birth cert,but in my cenomar and marriage cert mums name is gladys day allen they use my hubby middle name as mums maiden name,im exhausted i wanna cry..pls help what the best thing to do:(

malditako
23rd May 2013, 07:15
dont worry about it...there was a typo error as well on our marriage cert on my husband mothers name and it never been an issue. I got my visa 7 working days after submission. but then its worth every case is different. Good luck with your application.

Michael Parnham
23rd May 2013, 07:24
Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

mendoza82
23rd May 2013, 07:38
dont worry about it...there was a typo error as well on our marriage cert on my husband mothers name and it never been an issue. I got my visa 7 working days after submission. but then its worth every case is different. Good luck with your application.

hello there thanks for your input but in our case i dont think its a type error they copied my hubby's middle name NSO use it as mums maiden name..im thinking of getting a affidavit explain about it.in my husband birth cert mums name is gladys day so theres no middle name and my husband name is david allen poole.

mendoza82
23rd May 2013, 14:08
in hubby's birth cert his mum's name is gladys day in our marriage cert gladys d. allen,what do u think guys??

mendoza82
23rd May 2013, 14:10
Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fingers crossed michael,,thanks anyway..

gWaPito
23rd May 2013, 22:45
The insistence of using middle names can be a real pain. .I don't have one but they use my mother's maiden name.

Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

malditako
24th May 2013, 07:51
hello there thanks for your input but in our case i dont think its a type error they copied my hubby's middle name NSO use it as mums maiden name..im thinking of getting a affidavit explain about it.in my husband birth cert mums name is gladys day so theres no middle name and my husband name is david allen poole. anything that needs revision on marriage certificate needs a long and pain in the .... process. Its not as easy as u saying affidavit. When i found out about the errors on our marriage certificate i went to the local municipality where we are registered to alter but they said it needs court trial etc and judge would decide :doh so i said just leaved it. When my husband applied for his CNI in phils he put his mums maiden name on the application. Then marriage license when she's married and on marriage certificate they type different surname :icon_lol:...it never had a problem to me...you may want to call the embassy first and tell them about your situation :)

Janedan0913
24th May 2013, 12:51
Before they asked us to sign our marriage certificate, the officiating officer asked us to check all the spellings of the names and surnames to avoid errors. They dont want to write it again. At least no hassle at all.

Dedworth
24th May 2013, 13:07
I've always checked all official/legal documents I receive both business and personal for accuracy upon receipt