PDA

View Full Version : Tagaytay

bikerpat
27th May 2013, 11:41
Anybody living in Tagaytay?

How do you find it. General ides of the place.

Accomodation prices (rental), things to do, environment, weather, shopping, colleges, is it near the sea or beaches, restaurants/bars, ex-pat's there etc....

Any advice welcomed?

Regards

Bikerpat

stevewool
27th May 2013, 13:12
been to visit just for the day, a beautiful place to see, thats all i can say

jake
27th May 2013, 16:42
Pat, we don't actually live in Tagatay but i do go there once a week to deliver. Takes around 90mins from on our house depending on traffic and what horn/siren i choose to use that day!

Like everywhere else it has its pros and cons.
Accommodation prices in the last few years have skyrocketed due to it becoming very popular with local and foreign tourists. Renting outside the City can be cheaper depending on which direction you choose to live. There are large numbers of expats living in the town and surrounding area's. Most are yanks, brits and germans.

The climate at the top of the hill (actual town) is slightly cooler than the surrounding areas. It also rain more!

Plenty of shops and restaurants which tagaytay is famous for. Not cheap if you are planning on living in a tight budget.

Your nearest beaches are in Batangas which is around 1 hr from there. The sand is not really that great and if you want to enjoy some really nice beaches hop on a boat for an hour and head over to Mindoro.

What type of college course are you looking for?

The climate where we live at the foot of Mount Banahaw is similar to that of Tagaytay. No expats but much cheaper and the real Philippines :smile:

melovesengland
27th May 2013, 18:26
Josephines restaurant is a must GO! We had the most lovely dinner there last year and it is worth every penny. I dont find Tagaytay exciting really as after two days we have been round the tourist spots already but I love the weather there.

sars_notd_virus
27th May 2013, 19:04
Anybody living in Tagaytay?

How do you fine it. General ides of the place.

Bikerpat

My aunt got a house and lot over in tagaytay, very nice place. I plan to live and settle there someday with hubby , it would be very good for him (a british)...near the seaside , near the highlands ....best of both worlds!!

KeithD
28th May 2013, 10:18
My aunt got a house and lot over in tagaytay.... Well that's my next holiday sorted, tell your aunt she'll be having a couple of guests for 3 weeks :biggrin:

bikerpat
16th July 2013, 15:29
Pat, we don't actually live in Tagatay but i do go there once a week to deliver. Takes around 90mins from on our house depending on traffic and what horn/siren i choose to use that day!

Like everywhere else it has its pros and cons.
Accommodation prices in the last few years have skyrocketed due to it becoming very popular with local and foreign tourists. Renting outside the City can be cheaper depending on which direction you choose to live. There are large numbers of expats living in the town and surrounding area's. Most are yanks, brits and germans.

The climate at the top of the hill (actual town) is slightly cooler than the surrounding areas. It also rain more!

Plenty of shops and restaurants which tagaytay is famous for. Not cheap if you are planning on living in a tight budget.

Your nearest beaches are in Batangas which is around 1 hr from there. The sand is not really that great and if you want to enjoy some really nice beaches hop on a boat for an hour and head over to Mindoro.

What type of college course are you looking for?

The climate where we live at the foot of Mount Banahaw is similar to that of Tagaytay. No expats but much cheaper and the real Philippines :smile:

Thanks for that. I see on google where you live. Would there be any colleges where my girl can do some business admin studies near where you live. Typically what are rental for a furnished apartment on say a yearly lease where you live?

Ako Si Jamie
16th July 2013, 18:57
Should be visiting Tagaytay in November hopefully. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bikerpat
16th July 2013, 20:19
Anybody recommend Kalibo. Seems to have a lot going for it. Airport, beaches, educational facilities, near Boracay, rentals seems reasonable. Any views?

jake
17th July 2013, 05:22
Thanks for that. I see on google where you live. Would there be any colleges where my girl can do some business admin studies near where you live. Typically what are rental for a furnished apartment on say a yearly lease where you live?

There are colleges within 30 mins of where we live. Rent on a nice furnished apartment for a year is around 60,000php. Not much nightlife!

stevewool
17th July 2013, 06:43
No expats but much cheaper and the real Philippines :smile:[/QUOTE]

there you have it, the best place to be :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
17th July 2013, 10:01
Well that's my next holiday sorted, tell your aunt she'll be having a couple of guests for 3 weeks :biggrin:

three weeks?? :yikes::biggrin: