PDA

View Full Version : Oxford sham wedding thwarted 29/5/13

Dedworth
30th May 2013, 14:57
A man has been arrested and now faces removal from the UK after a suspected sham wedding was raided by Home Office Immigration Enforcement officers in Oxford.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/suspected-sham-wedding-raided-in-oxford

bigmarco
30th May 2013, 16:48
Can someone please explain why the would be Bride always gets released without charge :cwm23:

Dedworth
30th May 2013, 18:20
Can someone please explain why the would be Bride always gets released without charge :cwm23:

I'm awaiting a reply from Mrs May on that very same question :-

I read report after report of arrests made before a sham marriage was about to take place where it states that the immigration offender was detained pending removal etc but the other participant (usually an EU female) is released. For an example see here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/april/05-arrests-camden

I have yet to read any reports covering the trial, conviction and sentencing of the “other participant”. They are complicit in the crime and should be charged under Section 8 of the Accessories and Abettors Act 1861 (as amended by s.65(4) Criminal Law Act 1977), which states:

“Whosoever shall aid, abet, counsel, or procure the commission of any indictable offence, whether the same be an offence at common law or by virtue of any Act passed or to be passed, shall be liable to be tried, indicted, and punished as a principal offender.”

I’d appreciate your comments on this as I am very concerned that offenders are getting off scot free

I chased up for an answer the other day

Terpe
30th May 2013, 19:49
Good job Dedworth :xxgrinning--00xx3:

dontpushme
30th May 2013, 20:00
I'm sure she'll be back for another wedding sometime in the near future.

bigmarco
30th May 2013, 23:23
Good stuff Ded :xxgrinning--00xx3:

robbie bobby
31st May 2013, 00:16
I'm awaiting a reply from Mrs May on that very same question :-

I read report after report of arrests made before a sham marriage was about to take place where it states that the immigration offender was detained pending removal etc but the other participant (usually an EU female) is released. For an example see here

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/newsarticles/2013/april/05-arrests-camden

I have yet to read any reports covering the trial, conviction and sentencing of the “other participant”. They are complicit in the crime and should be charged under Section 8 of the Accessories and Abettors Act 1861 (as amended by s.65(4) Criminal Law Act 1977), which states:

“Whosoever shall aid, abet, counsel, or procure the commission of any indictable offence, whether the same be an offence at common law or by virtue of any Act passed or to be passed, shall be liable to be tried, indicted, and punished as a principal offender.”

I’d appreciate your comments on this as I am very concerned that offenders are getting off scot free

I chased up for an answer the other day

I'm wondering if you will get a response DED..........:Erm:

Dedworth
31st May 2013, 10:31
I'm wondering if you will get a response DED..........:Erm:

I will RB, theres no doubt about that ! just got one back about illegals being bailed which I'm following up on.

gWaPito
31st May 2013, 13:21
Ded. .I just sent you a PM

Cheers
Mark