PDA

View Full Version : Gone to see the family

marksroomspain
31st May 2013, 13:41
Well as I post this I have just dropped my beautiful wife and son off at the airport as she is taking him to see his family in the Phils.

Due to commitments here I was unable to go but the next 5 weeks are going to be lonely without them.

I just know this has made her so happy as its been 6 months since she left the Phils and also a chance for our little boy to finally meet them.....

grahamw48
31st May 2013, 14:39
Hmm, having done the same thing myself on more than one occasion...know what you're going to be experiencing. :cwm3:

So good for your wife though, and you can imagine how proud she'll be, showing your son to everyone. :smile:

Anyway....behave yourself, and don't forget to do some cleaning, otherwise your Mrs will give you a right ars-kicking when she gets back. :icon_lol:

Terpe
31st May 2013, 16:06
It's what I would call a glad sad time.

I'm sure she'll be so proud to see all the family with your son.
You'll miss them of course. So keep yourself busy and as Graham says keep the place clean and tidy.

marksroomspain
31st May 2013, 22:03
Thanks Graham and Peter :ironing::hoovering::laundry: that will keep me busy no doubt :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
1st June 2013, 16:53
like the boys have said before me, she will be happy showing the family her family, keep yourself busy and before you know it , you will be on your way to collect them again

Terpe
1st June 2013, 19:17
Whenever I'm left to my own devices I become a terrible sinner.
I'll cook myself roast lamb :hubbahubba:
I'll cook some eye-wateringly hot and spicey curries :hubbahubba:
dynamite chilli con carne :hubbahubba:
and roast chicken smothered with a good coating of marmite and big ball of stuffing. :hubbahubba:

I don't have to be concerned about the side-effects either :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ah yes, and I upgrade to premium beers and lager.

Yep, before you know it you on your way back to the airport :laugher:

grahamw48
1st June 2013, 20:05
...and back to REALITY ! :icon_lol:

Terpe
1st June 2013, 20:10
...and back to REALITY ! :icon_lol:

:laugher::laugher::laugher:

Glad to learn you had a great day out at Ripon :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
1st June 2013, 20:29
I did Peter, but I miss my g/f and kids so much when I attend these events. Sort of feel like an 'outsider'. The atmosphere was brilliant and uplifting though, and so many CUTE little kiddies. Made me quite broody. :cwm25:

Terpe
1st June 2013, 20:53
I did Peter, but I miss my g/f and kids so much when I attend these events. Sort of feel like an 'outsider'. The atmosphere was brilliant and uplifting though, and so many CUTE little kiddies. Made me quite broody. :cwm25:

I understand just how you feel Graham (except for the broody bit :yikes:)

marksroomspain
25th June 2013, 23:55
Peter, Graham, Steve been in contact with Jamie my wife on a daily basis and can see how happy she is going back to see her loved ones there.

I am so glad I have given her this oppurtunity to do this as I see how happy she is via the pics of her with our little boy and meeting his grandparents for the first time.

The only thing she keeps saying to me is that she will be glad to come home to the UK as she prefers the climate here because the heat and pollution there as she travels daily to Manila from Rizal her parents home for studies for Ielts 7 for her nursing career here in the UK.

It seems like a lifetime since I seen them last and I keep myself busy for when they return, 13 days and counting till I pick them up from Newcastle Airport.

Thanks guys you were right the time soon comes around and this guy will be very happy to see them once again...

grahamw48
25th June 2013, 23:59
That's good news.

I think it really helps to keep your partner happy here if she knows that she can take the occasional trip back to the Phils....as well as perhaps helping to appreciate the pluses of life here. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
26th June 2013, 14:56
It's funny how she soon got to like our weather :icon_lol:

Get that house spick and span :icon_lol:

gWaPito
27th June 2013, 00:21
Whenever I'm left to my own devices I become a terrible sinner.
I'll cook myself roast lamb :hubbahubba:
I'll cook some eye-wateringly hot and spicey curries :hubbahubba:
dynamite chilli con carne :hubbahubba:
and roast chicken smothered with a good coating of marmite and big ball of stuffing. :hubbahubba:

I don't have to be concerned about the side-effects either :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ah yes, and I upgrade to premium beers and lager.

Yep, before you know it you on your way back to the airport :laugher:

Sounds good to me Peter...next time your dearest goes back, I should pay you a visit for a month or 2 :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I hope all goes well with you Mark. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
7th July 2013, 21:17
Well these 5 and a half weeks have certainly gone by lets say not quickly but I finally pick my wife and son up from the airport on Tuesday after their vacation in the Phils.

I have kept myself pretty busy with work also getting a new lawn laid for the little one alongside decorating the downstairs of the house, my wife wont know the place when she returns:biggrin:

I certainly didn't realise how much I would miss them (its like losing a arm:NoNo:) but this very special lady and this little boy have made me so happy:veryhappy:

grahamw48
7th July 2013, 21:39
Having been parted from my own wife and young child in similar circumstances, I can well understand how you've been missing them (and worrying too, no doubt).

It will certainly be a great reunion for you all. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
7th July 2013, 21:55
Cheers Graham:xxgrinning--00xx3: