PDA

View Full Version : best uk mobile network?

MissAna
4th June 2013, 09:57
I'm planning to get a phone plan because it's vital for my work. My good old corby is getting really knackered :bigcry: and so i am desperate to get one. what is the best mobile network in the UK?
i heard about the new O2 promo called O2 REFRESH. it might be good deal for me :anerikke:

advice, please

:Help1:

p.s. today is my birthday :biggrin:

Dedworth
4th June 2013, 11:14
I think this Refresh deal is just for mugs paying over the odds so they are able to always flash around a shiny new phone.

How about this Huawei smartphone with 12 months free WiFi £49.95 inc £10 top up then you change to a monthly Sim only contract

http://www.phones4u.co.uk/shop/shop_payg_details.asp?itemkey=695561&intcid=payg-hot-p3&CID=Affiliate_47868&CID=Affiliate_47868#sthash.6jci2Wrr.dim0EdLw.dpbs

Happy Birthday :party-smiley-012:

joebloggs
4th June 2013, 11:50
might be worth hanging on and see how much or little is a Google Nexus 5 is :wink:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/mobile-phone/3437472/new-nexus-5-release-date/

Terpe
4th June 2013, 13:38
Network signal strengths still variable. (well in our area anyway)

Ask friends and family about their network performance.
I'd agree with Dedworth, try the monthly SIM only to start.

Pete/London
4th June 2013, 15:03
In my part of London T Mobile has been very good, changed to them last year after years with Vodafone.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

DaveyWallis
4th June 2013, 17:49
Many happy returns.

I've tried Vodafone, T Mobile and Orange. I've had Orange for many years more than the others, mainly as they do the best business deals.

Orange has been the worst of those three. I've had many occasions where I've called another Orange number only for it to go straight to voice-mail, and similarly with incoming calls.

I've done this with 2 phones on Orange next to each other and still they go straight to voice-mail. The signal strength was high at the time.

When complaining to Orange customer services they suggested disabling the 3G signal as the calls work better on 2G.

Given a choice where cost wasn't a factor I would never go for Orange. I've only heard bad things about the 3 network too - but that was a few years ago.

Michael Parnham
4th June 2013, 20:47
I swear by Lebara Pay as you go, no problems ever!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
4th June 2013, 20:58
I swear by Lebara Pay as you go, no problems ever!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My wife uses Lebara.
Not the cheapest, but for us the most reliable.

We've tried others but some have no signal and others (although cheaper) are just not reliable.

Ako Si Jamie
4th June 2013, 23:03
Been with O2, Orange and 3 over the years.

I would say 3 was the best. Worst is Orange by a long way. I'd never go with them again.

gWaPito
5th June 2013, 01:39
Been with O2, Orange and 3 over the years.

I would say 3 was the best. Worst is Orange by a long way. I'd never go with them again.

Totally agree with Jamie. .I was with 3 for 7 years. ..I foolishly dropped them for Vodafone. .big mistake. Unlike 3, Vodafone doesn't have all you can eat data at the same price as 3 charges and the coverage is pants.
I'm currently chancing my luck using the mis selling act against phones4u...next week I'm going to be sending them 14 days notice of reporting them to ofcom and the Ombudsmen.

Cheers
Mark

Btw. ...happy birthday Ana :smile:

London_Manila
5th June 2013, 01:40
Giffgaff are good and they use 02's network
250 mins unlimited Data and txts for £12 a month
They dont supply phones though these are sim only deals
You need an unlocked phone for giffgaff
If you use the net a lot go for a plan with unlimited data
GiffGaff is done all online

Pete/London
5th June 2013, 09:51
My T Mobile has just risen to around £10 pm, for that I get 300 mins, thousands of texts and unlimited Data.
Its weird though as it started 2 years ago at £8 a month but they were deducting £9.
I kept complaining and a nice Manila help assistant gave me a refund, but despite promises it still stayed at £9. Gave up in the end as it sounded petty to keep on:biggrin:
I was happy with Vodafone since 1987 but the signal was getting worse every year.
I even had to have a sure signal box to be able to use the phone at home.

Michael Parnham
5th June 2013, 12:51
My wife uses Lebara.
Not the cheapest, but for us the most reliable.

We've tried others but some have no signal and others (although cheaper) are just not reliable.

Hi Peter, it's now free again Lebara to Lebara if you top up £20 also half price to Philippines!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th June 2013, 13:50
Hi Peter, it's now free again Lebara to Lebara if you top up £20 also half price to Philippines!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My wife only uses Lebara to phone to Phils
She has O2 for UK stuff.

Me I just have PAYG and often change networks depending if any promos

sars_notd_virus
5th June 2013, 18:16
All three of us (husband daughter and I ) are with ''Three'' .. they always got the best deals for us :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
5th June 2013, 19:00
Totally agree with Jamie. .I was with 3 for 7 years. ..I foolishly dropped them for Vodafone. .big mistake. Unlike 3, Vodafone doesn't have all you can eat data at the same price as 3 charges and the coverage is pants.
I'm currently chancing my luck using the mis selling act against phones4u...next week I'm going to be sending them 14 days notice of reporting them to ofcom and the Ombudsmen.

Cheers
Mark

Btw. ...happy birthday Ana :smile:My current contract with 3 was a brand new Samsung Smart Phone, all you can eat data, free texts, free calls to the 3 network and 300 mins per month. Does me grand. Costs about £12 a month. They've always given me good deals but I've been a customer for 7-8 years.