PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, more questions

waytogo297
5th June 2013, 19:03
Hi there,
So, happily my wife has now joined me in the uk and now we would like her 13 yr old daughter to join us. could someone please answer these questions for me.

Will both my wife's daughter and my wife and I require visa apppt's, ours in the uk, my stepdaughter's in the Philipppines ?

Will she be allowed to travel on her own if assisted by the airline ? or will the ukba insist upon a chaperone ?

Last time (for my wife's visa application, I took the supporting doc's with me to the Phils and my wife submitted them at her appt. Can I submit the supporting documents this time in the uk ?

Many thanks for any replies.

grahamw48
5th June 2013, 21:51
I can't give you up to date info on visa appointments, but

the Philippines authorities will not permit (Filipino) minors to leave the country without special clearance.

Here is the information you need regarding that aspect.

http://www.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel-clearance-for-minors/

joebloggs
5th June 2013, 22:14
you need to use the same application form for your step daughter that you used for your wife and submitted in the phils only, as your stepdaughter will be a dependent of your wife but you will need to co-sponsor your step daughter,

as she is 13yrs old its possible she could be asked to attend an interview at the embassy, but thats a small chance.

your wife needs to prove that she has 'sole responsibility' for your step daughter - has she always lived with her mother ? does she have contact with her bio father?, is he named on her birth cert ?

no you cant submit documents in the UK you will have to send your supporting docs to the phils to be submitted.