PDA

View Full Version : Lost BRP card

Bills
9th June 2013, 09:58
I lost my BRP card (allows me to work), still here in the Philippines, applied for reentry visa, just got my reentry visa good for one month but it says "employment is prohibited". upon arrival in uK I will post an application thru Royal mail for BRP replacement.

If I make an application for BRP replacement upon arrival in UK, would it be my existing immigration status (lost BRP) will continue until my application is decided, even if the decision is not made/replaced will allow me to work until my case is decided or replaced? would it be my reentry visa that prohibits me to work that I will follow or my Lost BRP that allows me to work?

Can I still legally continue my work?

can anyone help me or who experienced the same, any website link for me to understand.

I'm just new here,Thank you so much

joebloggs
9th June 2013, 10:59
didn't you have a photocopy of it ?

sars_notd_virus
9th June 2013, 12:00
yeah you should check the photocopy of your brp...when is it valid until?

Terpe
9th June 2013, 16:17
I lost my BRP card (allows me to work), still here in the Philippines, applied for reentry visa, just got my reentry visa good for one month but it says "employment is prohibited". upon arrival in uK I will post an application thru Royal mail for BRP replacement.

If I make an application for BRP replacement upon arrival in UK, would it be my existing immigration status (lost BRP) will continue until my application is decided, even if the decision is not made/replaced will allow me to work until my case is decided or replaced? would it be my reentry visa that prohibits me to work that I will follow or my Lost BRP that allows me to work?

Can I still legally continue my work?

can anyone help me or who experienced the same, any website link for me to understand.

I'm just new here,Thank you so much

Read this UKBA webpage - Applying for a Replacement BRP visa (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/do-i-need-brp/replacement-brp-visa/)

It explains in detail exactly what to do whether inside UK or outside UK

joebloggs
9th June 2013, 18:02
if you had a photocopy you might have been able to use that if the airline would let you board the plane, once you landed immigration could have checked your details.