PDA

View Full Version : Hubby's masterchef

Janedan0913
12th June 2013, 18:59
I just want to know who amongst the English hubby here who knows how to cook Filipino food.
My husband can cook sinigang, kare-kare, nilaga(pork/beef), chopsuey, asado(pork/chicken), adobo, lumpiang shanghai, bistek tagalog, sisig kapampangan, and lechon kawali.

He can also do his version of siopao, pansit palabok, crispy pata(using ham knuckles), longganisa, tocino, caldereta. They all taste the same, it's like eating in the Philippines made by an English chef.

Do you have any recipe suggestion that you can share?

Moy
12th June 2013, 19:06
dinugu -an :biggrin:

http://www.marketmanila.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/154.jpg

lordna
12th June 2013, 19:23
I just want to know who amongst the English hubby here who knows how to cook Filipino food.
My husband can cook sinigang, kare-kare, nilaga(pork/beef), chopsuey, asado(pork/chicken), adobo, lumpiang shanghai, bistek tagalog, sisig kapampangan, and lechon kawali.

He can also do his version of siopao, pansit palabok, crispy pata(using ham knuckles), longganisa, tocino, caldereta. They all taste the same, it's like eating in the Philippines made by an English chef.

Do you have any recipe suggestion that you can share?

As an English Hubby I can eat all those things....does that count? I also will eat Dinugo an, dried fish etc.

I can cook caldereta and have tried cooking adobo but my cooking is not anywhere as good as my wifes. i do make cassava cake, banana cake, leche flan.

Tonight we are eating ginataang manok with cheyote.

Janedan0913
12th June 2013, 19:39
Wow, I love ginataang manok. Unfortunately, my husband said he can eat all Filipino foods but not dinuguan:hubbahubba:. And he is allergic to fish(seafood in particular).

He loves sinigang especially when it is very sour. And he can cook mongo beans, spinach/cabbage with pork then put some chicharon(pork cracklings)
One thing that I cannot cook properly is the asadong baboy(pork)

Moy
12th June 2013, 19:41
Tonight we are eating ginataang manok with cheyote.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::hubbahubba: