PDA

View Full Version : the dentist

stevewool
12th June 2013, 20:28
Well today had to go to the dentist and I was all a panic, silly yes I know but I get like this. But once in the chair I am ok, Anyway, I mentioned again are they taking on new people and today I got the answer YES, so hopefully Ems will be joining there too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lilbasuk
12th June 2013, 21:30
I'm not registered with any dentist only really go to the 'Walk In' one if I'm in major pain :cwm25: They always give me a list of dentists to register with, but I never get round to it! :biggrin:

stevewool
12th June 2013, 21:46
It's taken nearly 3 years to get Ems registered

lilbasuk
12th June 2013, 22:04
That's a long time on the waiting list. :ReadIt: Hope she gets in mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3: I think I will be this old :olddude: before I register with a dentist. Mind you, by that time, I probably won't have any teeth to worry about! :icon_lol:

grahamw48
13th June 2013, 00:23
That's a long time on the waiting list. :ReadIt: Hope she gets in mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3: I think I will be this old :olddude: before I register with a dentist. Mind you, by that time, I probably won't have any teeth to worry about! :icon_lol:

Thanks for the reminder.

Time I went in for a thorough de-scale and polish.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/9876/onetooth.png

melovesengland
13th June 2013, 10:51
Will be seeing a dentist this month for the installation of my upper dental brace and its going to be expensive but its got to be done. That leaves me BREADCRUMBS for breakfast in the morning! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::biggrin:

Hope Ems will get through! :xxgrinning--00xx3::wink:

Arthur Little
13th June 2013, 19:10
... had to go to the dentist ...

Thanks for the timely reminder, Steve ... I'm going tomorrow! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
13th June 2013, 19:15
... Anyway, I mentioned again are they taking on new people and today I got the answer YES, so hopefully Ems will be joining there too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's GREAT ... Myrna's already registered as a patient with my dentist. :biggrin:

stevewool
13th June 2013, 20:10
Em says she would like a brace too, but I think she will change her mind once she knows the bill, or wait to go to the Phils for it so she says

Janedan0913
13th June 2013, 20:34
I always have an appointment every 6 months.

Well actually it's a status symbol in the Philippines if you have braces. When I came in England, I registered straight away to a dentist and asked her to remove my braces. I don't want my patients to see the food that I just ate when I'm communicating with them. Now I regularly visits my dentist. All of us in the family including my kids are all registered on the same dentist.

grahamw48
13th June 2013, 20:59
I think braces can spoil your teeth.

It's nice to see some with a bit of 'character', as long as they're healthy. :smile:

stevewool
13th June 2013, 21:14
i dont think mine have character, just lots of shapes and gaps, then again if you like the look of the needles just off the isle of wight, you will like my smile

imagine
13th June 2013, 21:48
my check up next week, i hate the polishing drill

grahamw48
13th June 2013, 22:37
Funny how your teeth move around as you get older. I didn't used to have a gap between my two top 'big' teeth, but now I'm starting to look more and more like Terry Thomas. :Erm:

grahamw48
13th June 2013, 22:41
Also, when I first started visiting the Phils, the girls used to say I looked like a 'Vampiro', because of my long canines.

http://imageshack.us/a/img52/2653/5002053e57i6078989.gif

gWaPito
13th June 2013, 23:04
Funny how your teeth move around as you get older. I didn't used to have a gap between my two top 'big' teeth, but now I'm starting to look more and more like Terry Thomas. :Erm:

I met Terry Thomas summer of 78 at Combe Martin. ..he'd lost his mind by then. .still, it was an honour.

grahamw48
13th June 2013, 23:08
Yes, one of the greats.

The guy who presents 'Bargain Hunt' reminds me of him...maybe his love-child. :smile:

Michael Parnham
4th October 2014, 06:47
Went to Dental Hospital yesterday, got my first male student after going there since 1989. His name is 'Louie' :xxgrinning--00xx3: English and gay, really nice young man and very funny, he'll be treating me every month now for a year. My next visit will be 31st Oct!