PDA

View Full Version : unmarried partner visa

Julie0904
13th June 2013, 02:23
Its been several months since I last posted on this forum. This was my case, last year I came back from the UK because I have to apply for a Tier 2 visa. Originally I have a tier 4 student visa, my tier2 application was refused due to the issues with my school. I appealed for it at the Immigration Tribunal with the help of a solicitor. Unfortunately this was dismissed. I can still apply for a different type of visa. Hence my boyfriend and I are now planning to apply for an unmarried partner visa. We've been together for 2 years now, but only lived together for exactly 7 months because I have to go back here in the Philippines to apply for my tier2 visa. So I've been in the country for a year now and my boyfriend visited me here twice. If we will apply for an unmarried partner visa we meet the accommodation, financial requirements, we have enough proofs to prove that our relationship is genuine and subsisting, my only concern here is that we only lived together for 7 months, does it really need to be 2 years?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bhem_bhem
13th June 2013, 02:33
Am afraid you can't apply for unmarried partner visa as you need to be living together for 2 years.

joebloggs
13th June 2013, 09:02
i doubt you would get it after just 7 months of living together :NoNo:.

have you got evidence even for those 7 months you were actually living together , joint bank account, bills etc ?

Julie0904
13th June 2013, 11:07
Thank you for your reply. We do have evidences like tenancy agreement, bills that was sent to the same address. Then while we are apart we have emails, skype and text messages.

joebloggs
13th June 2013, 13:11
2 year co-habitation rule is mandatory with the evidence to support this, but I've heard a few people have got it with a few months less than 2yrs , but they were probably very luck .

Julie0904
14th June 2013, 08:04
Thank you again for your advice. now I have another question. what is the difference with proposed civil partner and proposed fiance? are they the same or different?

Dedworth
14th June 2013, 11:29
Thank you again for your advice. now I have another question. what is the difference with proposed civil partner and proposed fiance? are they the same or different?

I might be wrong but I think " proposed civil partner" is PC speak for where a same sex couple are planning to sign a "Civil Partnership Document" in the presence of a registrar and two witnesses. "Proposed Fiancee/Fiance" would be a heterosexual couple

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_partnership_in_the_United_Kingdom

Terpe
14th June 2013, 16:01
I might be wrong but I think " proposed civil partner" is PC speak for where a same sex couple are planning to sign a "Civil Partnership Document" in the presence of a registrar and two witnesses. "Proposed Fiancee/Fiance" would be a heterosexual couple

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_partnership_in_the_United_Kingdom

As it stands right now you are not wrong.
Civil Partnership is same sex.