PDA

View Full Version : Anglo~Scottish Border Controls Debate

Arthur Little
14th June 2013, 16:06
:omg: ... Home Secretary, Theresa May has strongly indicated :poke: that Scots could lose their British Passports - and
be denied dual nationality - if the vote for Independence is
carried, in next year's referendum. :doh

Personally, I don't think it will happen ... at least, I HOPE not! :nono-1-1:... but it's worrying :23_111_9[1]: all the same.

Dedworth
14th June 2013, 16:11
We need to renovate/update Hadrians Wall. I'd suggest using the former East - West German Border & Berlin Wall as a blueprint.......... death strip, watchtowers, attack dogs etc

:biggrin:

Arthur Little
14th June 2013, 16:26
Now ... Mrs May ISN'T "God" :icon_rolleyes: ... even though she is renowned
for giving a pretty good impression of assuming the mantle of "The Man Upstairs"!

imagine
14th June 2013, 18:08
will i be exiled :yikes:

Arthur Little
14th June 2013, 18:29
will i be exiled :yikes:

'Fraid so, Stewart! :yeahthat: ... back to Yorkshire. Moreover, :bigcry: it also means I'll be subject to Border Controls should I ever decide to visit you there! :yikes:

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 18:35
I have two spare rooms guys. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
14th June 2013, 19:54
I wonder why somebody indicated Dual Nationality would not be allowed ?? That a drastic issue isn't it?

Personally I would be shocked to see the vote go the way of independence

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 19:58
Where on earth are they going to accommodate all the Scots we'll be deporting ? :biggrin:

Arthur Little
14th June 2013, 22:44
Where on earth are they going to accommodate all the Scots we'll be deporting ? :biggrin:

:cwm24: ... bury 'em under Hadrian's Wall, :peepwall::peepwall::peepwall::peepwall::peepwall:, perhaps?

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 22:57
They do seem to be doing a lot of work on it at the moment Arthur. :Erm:

imagine
14th June 2013, 23:06

scotlands a bigger country than you think, plenty room :biggrin:

even more room when they deport the english

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 23:13
I know. You can still see all the abandoned villages in the Highlands, from when they all moved to Glasgow and Edinburgh to find something to do apart from chasing Sheep and Grouse....on the land owned by the English. :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
14th June 2013, 23:22
They do seem to be doing a lot of work on it at the moment Arthur. :Erm:

Hmm ... true! :anerikke: ... but ye cannae keep a guid, "canny" :Kilt: doon :peepwall: ... ony mair than ye kin shove yer granny aff a bus!

Arthur Little
14th June 2013, 23:25
scotlands a bigger country than you think, plenty room:biggrin:

even more room when they deport the english

.............................. :cwm25: ... noo, there's an :idea:!

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 23:30
I have some rather alcohol-clouded memories of learning to ski at Aviemore one Christmas and New Year Arthur.:Cuckoo:

grahamw48
14th June 2013, 23:37
1979....'upgraded' to Italy. :smile:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7684/54gq.jpg

Arthur Little
14th June 2013, 23:57
I have some rather alcohol-clouded memories of learning to ski at Aviemore one Christmas and New Year Arthur.:Cuckoo:

1979....'upgraded' to Italy. :smile:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7684/54gq.jpg

:cwm24: ... WOW! Did it really take all of 12 months to recover from your 1978 "blank-out" in Aviemore ... until you'd your picture taken amidst that background "blanket" of snow in the Alpine Region of Italy the following year, Graham? :biggrin:

:smile: nice photo, just the same!

grahamw48
15th June 2013, 00:12
Probably. lol

I don't think I even owned a camera on the Scottish Hogmanay piss-up though, so sadly that fortnight went unrecorded. :cwm3:

It has always been to my great regret that I didn't think to buy a camera until comparatively late in life, so my many earlier adventures and friends were not saved for posterity. :doh

Arthur Little
15th June 2013, 00:32
Probably. lol

I don't think I even owned a camera on the Scottish Hogmanay piss-up though, so sadly that fortnight went unrecorded. :cwm3:

It has always been to my great regret that I didn't think to buy a camera until comparatively late in life, so my many earlier adventures and friends were not saved for posterity. :doh

Oh well ... :anerikke: ... ALL of us have our regrets, I suppose. But I'd have to say, you've certainly more than made up for it ever since!

Arthur Little
15th June 2013, 00:45
chasing Sheep

:nono-1-1: ... alas, you're confusing US with the Welsh :sheep::sheep:

Arthur Little
15th June 2013, 00:58
Grouse....

... that's me, :iagree:!

Arthur Little
15th June 2013, 01:09
Now ... Mrs May ISN'T "God" :icon_rolleyes: ... even though she is renowned for giving a pretty good impression of assuming the mantle of "The Man Upstairs"!

Hmm ... :icon_rolleyes: ... on reflection, possibly my unbiased use of the word, "pretty", "may" [pun intended] be tantamount to something of a gross exaggeration in so far as this particular :oldlady:'s concerned. :icon_sorry: