PDA

View Full Version : Preparing to move

imagine
18th June 2013, 21:34
the past few months iv been cleaning, repairing and preparing for selling my house after which i will be on my way to phil,
i know advice would be not to sell the house, but i assure you i have considered all options,and this is it,
i figure to spend my kids inheritance, after all i cant take it with me when im 6ft under, iv grafted all my life and its been one uphill struggle for most of it,life is short who knows whats around the corner, enjoy it while you still can :biggrin:
if i stay here get old, get put in a home, they take my house, so whats the point of keeping it,there comes a time in life when its time to enjoy the hard earned equity on yourself , and thats exactly what i am going to do,
i have now recieved my survey and valuation which i am very pleased with,should be on the market by the end of this week,then all i need is a buyer and im off,
im still figuring some of the documents i will need and studying everything i read here, i copied and saved as much relevant info as possible, i just need to get it all in order,so that im organised when ready, as there wont be much time to get all done once i have a completion date, because doccuments have a limited validity, and that some need my present address and fuel bills etc as proof i will be tricky timing everything right,
for cni, and basic disclosure etc, plus im not sure whats best for me with money transfers im not sure i feel safe using private money transfer companies for larger amounts

Rosie1958
18th June 2013, 22:12
Best of luck to you Imagine ........ I hope that everything goes well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
18th June 2013, 22:18
Best of luck to you Imagine ........ I hope that everything goes well. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you Rosie :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
18th June 2013, 22:25
Wow what an unexpected surprise Stewart, Sincerely hope everything works out for you. I understand exactly how you must be feeling and just remember this is the beginning of the rest of your life and Maritess and I wish you both all the best of luck for your future! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
18th June 2013, 22:28
I dont blame you one bit Stewart all the best mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th June 2013, 22:29
the past few months iv been cleaning, repairing and preparing for selling my house after which i will be on my way to phil,

Eh? :cwm24: ... d'you mean for good? As in ... to LIVE there?

imagine
18th June 2013, 22:29
Wow what an unexpected surprise Stewart, Sincerely hope everything works out for you. I understand exactly how you must be feeling and just remember this is the beginning of the rest of your life and Maritess and I wish you both all the best of luck for your future!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you Michael and Maritess,

new life new beginning :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
18th June 2013, 22:30
I dont blame you one bit Stewart all the best mate.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks andy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
18th June 2013, 22:31
Eh? :cwm24: ... d'you mean for good? As in ... to LIVE there?

yup for good, one way ticket so to speak :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

jonnijon
18th June 2013, 23:45
Just to clarify for you, you will still need an onward ticket. Your airline may well ask you when you check in. Plus you may be asked for it when you arrive in Phils. I booked a ticket online to fly from Clark to Borneo cost 36 quid, so its a very cheap throw away ticket. Good luck to you :xxgrinning--00xx3: Think I used Air Asia.

Ako Si Jamie
18th June 2013, 23:49
That's a bolt out of the blue Stewart but good luck anyway. Are you applying for permanent residency?

imagine
19th June 2013, 00:02
Just to clarify for you, you will still need an onward ticket. Your airline may well ask you when you check in. Plus you may be asked for it when you arrive in Phils. I booked a ticket online to fly from Clark to Borneo cost 36 quid, so its a very cheap throw away ticket. Good luck to you :xxgrinning--00xx3: Think I used Air Asia.
yes i know a one way ticket wont do me any good :biggrin:
thanks for info on that onward ticket , nice and cheap :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th June 2013, 00:04
That's a bolt out of the blue Stewart but good luck anyway. Are you applying for permanent residency?
thanks jamie,
its not a sudden decision for me though :biggrin:
i am wanting to apply for the 13a will make life easier :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
19th June 2013, 00:17
yup for good, one way ticket so to speak :biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_sorry: ... I had been in the middle of watching a TV programme when typing my earlier response, Stewart, but now I'm back.

Oh ... :cwm24: ... WOW! :yeahthat:'s certainly a surprise to me! *I hadn't realised you'd been planning to sell~up and actually move to the Philippines. :nono-1-1:... but then ... :anerikke: ... I'm clearly *NOT alone in that respect.

I imagine :icon_rolleyes: [s'cuse pun :icon_lol:] you've thought long and hard about it before reaching your decision. Guess, then, there isn't much more one can add at this stage, other than for myself - along with the rest of your friends here on the forum - to wish you and Lolita all the very best for your future together. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
19th June 2013, 00:52
i figure to spend my kids inheritance, after all i cant take it with me when im 6ft under, iv grafted all my life and its been one uphill struggle for most of it,life is short who knows whats around the corner, enjoy it while you still can :biggrin:
if i stay here get old, get put in a home, they take my house, so whats the point of keeping it,there comes a time in life when its time to enjoy the hard earned equity on yourself , and thats exactly what i am going to do,

:xxgrinning--00xx3: you've earnt it, it's your money and your new life, all the best with the next chapter :xxgrinning--00xx3:

also its easy to waste other peoples hard earned money, so spend it on yourself you deserve it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
19th June 2013, 05:21
Good luck with the house sell Stewart, I hope that goes well as that is the first step. Living in Phils will be great as you already know. Best of luck and enjoy your future there. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
19th June 2013, 05:52
well what great news like everyone before me, i wish you all the luck in the world, best of luck in selling the house and i hope you get the best price you can, just make sure you have checked everything before you leave , see you there soon :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
19th June 2013, 07:31
Welcome to the club :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th June 2013, 09:20
thanks Arthur, joe, jake, steve and steve :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th June 2013, 09:33
:icon_sorry: ... I had been in the middle of watching a TV programme when typing my earlier response, Stewart, but now I'm back.

Oh ... :cwm24: ... WOW! :yeahthat:'s certainly a surprise to me! *I hadn't realised you'd been planning to sell~up and actually move to the Philippines. :nono-1-1:... but then ... :anerikke: ... I'm clearly *NOT alone in that respect.

I imagine :icon_rolleyes: [s'cuse pun :icon_lol:] you've thought long and hard about it before reaching your decision. Guess, then, there isn't much more one can add at this stage, other than for myself - along with the rest of your friends here on the forum - to wish you and Lolita all the very best for your future together. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks Arthur, yes a lot of time and thought over and over again,its a big decision, a BIGGIE,its the biggest change to my life i will have ever made,i went through all the pros and cons in my head asking myself am i doing the right thing, and thoughts its possible i may not see my daughters again,away from my family and friends,it also comes down to the love and trust i have in Lolita,
i thought about how it must be the opposite way round, the trust and the Love that gives strength to the ladys here who leave everything behind to be here in uk with their husbands,this itself has given me much confidence to help me on my way, my hat off to you ladys :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
19th June 2013, 14:15
Sorry Stewart for being late on the news again :smile:

I sincerely wish you all joy and luck as you set-off for a new great adventure in the Paradise Islands.
You found yourself a truly wonderful partner and future wife and I'm confident you'll find happiness and a quiet mind. Who could ask for more.

There are plenty of helpful folks here who have followed that path and you'll get good advice.
There are also a number of very helpful members living there who'll keep an eye to any 'hitches' that might need smoothing.

There are also some folks who would wish to be doing the same (like me) and we'll be following your lead with interest.

Well done.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th June 2013, 14:23
Sorry Stewart for being late on the news again :smile:

I sincerely wish you all joy and luck as you set-off for a new great adventure in the Paradise Islands.
You found yourself a truly wonderful partner and future wife and I'm confident you'll find happiness and a quiet mind. Who could ask for more.

There are plenty of helpful folks here who have followed that path and you'll good advice.
There are also a number of very helpful members living there who'll keep an eye to any 'hitches' that might need smoothing.

There are also some folks who would wish to be doing the same (like me) and we'll be following your lead with interest.

Well done.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hope its not too long before i get a buyer for the house :biggrin:

Doc Alan
19th June 2013, 14:45
What more can I add after all your supportive posts, Stewart, except to wish you all the best and of course will be interested to know of your progress ! :smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th June 2013, 15:53
What more can I add after all your supportive posts, Stewart, except to wish you all the best and of course will be interested to know of your progress ! :smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks Doc Alan :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
19th June 2013, 17:47
Ah Stewart I'm absolutely delighted for you. I wish you every happiness in the next chapter of your life.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Your right my friend life is short so I admire you for making the most of it. I have no doubt that Lolita and her family will take good care of you and make you feel right at home.
Don't lose touch with us here as we'll all be wishing you well and anxious to hear regular reports about the new chapter in your life.

Arthur Little
19th June 2013, 17:53
hope its not too long before i get a buyer for the house :biggrin:

Being fairly acquaint with the area where you live, Stewart - not forgetting its reasonably close proximity to Aberdeen itself - I'm inclined to think you shouldn't have too much difficulty ... IF, indeed, any. :NoNo:

imagine
19th June 2013, 18:00
Ah Stewart I'm absolutely delighted for you. I wish you every happiness in the next chapter of your life.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Your right my friend life is short so I admire you for making the most of it. I have no doubt that Lolita and her family will take good care of you and make you feel right at home.
Don't lose touch with us here as we'll all be wishing you well and anxious to hear regular reports about the new chapter in your life.

thanks :xxgrinning--00xx3: when the time comes and i am over there i will be logging in my reports here and hope whatever i can contribute of my experiences will benefit others :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th June 2013, 18:03
Being fairly acquaint with the area where you live, Stewart - not forgetting its reasonably close proximity to Aberdeen itself - I'm inclined to think you shouldn't have too much difficulty ... IF, indeed, any. :NoNo:

well i guess reluctantly i have to thank maggie thatcher for my benefitting from council house sales,
now that sticks in my throat :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Arthur Little
19th June 2013, 18:19
well i guess reluctantly i have to thank maggie thatcher for my benefitting from council house sales,

:smile: ME, too ... but ...

now that sticks in my throat :icon_lol::icon_lol:

... it DOESN'T stick in mine! :NoNo:

After all, mate ... :anerikke: ... WHY the hell should it?

imagine
19th June 2013, 18:49
:smile: ME, too ... but ...

... it DOESN'T stick in mine! :NoNo:

After all, mate ... :anerikke: ... WHY the hell should it?

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

imagine
20th June 2013, 16:30
well house went on the market last night, internet etc, this morning a phone call from estate agent, i have my first viewer this evening, that was fast:yikes: well i wonder how fast it might sell

grahamw48
20th June 2013, 16:45
You you you you you......:censored:. I hate you. :Brick:

Don't forget to tell us your new address please.

Some of us backpackers without a pot to piss in may be looking for a place to fill our water bottle and wipe the mud off our ragged flip flops. :cwm3:

imagine
20th June 2013, 16:50
You you you you you......:censored:. I hate you. :Brick:

Don't forget to tell us your new address please.

Some of us backpackers without a pot to piss in may be looking for a place to fill our water bottle and wipe the mud off our ragged flip flops. :cwm3:

im not there yet, they say dont count your chickens till they hatched :biggrin:
youd be welcome im sure therse a bit of corrugated sheeting in case it rains :biggrin:

Arthur Little
20th June 2013, 17:03
well house went on the market last night, internet etc, this morning a phone call from estate agent, i have my first viewer this evening, that was fast :yikes: well i wonder how fast it might sell

:xxgrinning--00xx3: ... good luck for this evening Stewart ... and, hopefully, with a quick sale.

Arthur Little
20th June 2013, 17:07
But :poke: ... do make sure "the price is right" [for you!] above all else. :smile:

stevewool
20th June 2013, 17:18
its moving very quick Stewart, and i am looking forward to hearing more about the move too but i dont want to put a spanner in the works, have a you a way back here if anything happens just in case,

Arthur Little
20th June 2013, 17:22
have a you a way back here if anything happens just in case,

Oops ... :gp:, Steve ... one worth consideration.

andy222
20th June 2013, 17:25
Make sure this country gets no more tax from you stewart. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
20th June 2013, 17:40
its moving very quick Stewart, and i am looking forward to hearing more about the move too but i dont want to put a spanner in the works, have a you a way back here if anything happens just in case,

i will always have flight money, and a large enough sum in a uk bank,
of course i will never have the cash to buy a house in the uk again,
i could lose my passport and any id then i get housed :icon_lol:
dont worry i thought about the negatives and can i accept them if the worst happens, and i do,
as far as the house here is concerend , it is no benefit to me as i get older, after my illness i will never be able to work the same as i did before, im still on benefit, but not disablement, they deem me as fit for work as far as getting a better benefit, but they say i dont need to sign on as im am not fit for work:Erm:, the point being, i get £20 a month towards my housing, i pay my mortgage with savings i earned in my years working, had i been renting property they would pay my rent,
6 yrs to my retirement now,if i stay here with my house, i get old put in home they take my house,
so i say its mine and il do what i want :icon_lol:

grahamw48
20th June 2013, 17:48
Go for it Stewart. You're a long time dead. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
20th June 2013, 17:49
Go for it Stewart. You're a long time dead. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
20th June 2013, 17:51
all sounds great then Stewart, go for it mate, i will be following you at a later date :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
20th June 2013, 18:01
all sounds great then Stewart, go for it mate, i will be following you at a later date:xxgrinning--00xx3:

il be watching out for ya :biggrin:

Arthur Little
20th June 2013, 18:07
Ode to the Philippines

There is a :BouncyHappy: Land
So far away ...
Where Stewart & Steve will stand
With Brits who've gone to stay.

Sung to the tune of a childhood hymn I learnt at Sunday School 60~odd years ago, and now extinct, viz:-

There is a Happy Land ... far, far away :smile:

imagine
20th June 2013, 18:13
Ode to the Philippines

There is a :BouncyHappy: Land
So far away ...
Where Stewart & Steve will stand
With Brits who've gone to stay.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
20th June 2013, 18:49
Ooooh, it's getting exciting now Stewart. :Jump:

I've got itchy feet now......

Everyone will develop different strategies when making such big life decisions. For me I will not be including any 'plan B'
that involves me returning to the UK. Period.

I really believe you'll find contentment and peace.

imagine
20th June 2013, 19:44
i don't intend to come back peter,:biggrin:

well thats my first house viewer just left, seems might be a chance, liked what she saw,asked if had had any other calls, and said i will be hearing from her, so il just wait and see, maybe she thinking of making an offer:Erm:

Michael Parnham
20th June 2013, 19:53
Things are moving forward if your getting viewings this quick Stewart, Good Luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
20th June 2013, 20:32
i don't intend to come back peter, :biggrin:

well thats my first house viewer just left, seems might be a chance, liked what she saw,asked if had had any other calls, and said i will be hearing from her, so il just wait and see, maybe she thinking of making an offer :Erm:

Stewart, have you made any decision on what you'll do with all your stuff (house contents) ??

imagine
20th June 2013, 20:52
Stewart, have you made any decision on what you'll do with all your stuff (house contents) ??
i have had a clear out dividing rubbish/things to sell, some already iv sold past few weeks,and what to hold on to until i know i got a definite sale and date, which leaves me ladders, sofa, beds some furniture , and ££££££s of tools, if this one buys, well shes at her dads locally, after comming back from austrailia, so maybe a possibility she might be interested in some,if not i try to sell before completion, if not the charity shop gets it

any family heirlooms to my daughters

sheriel
20th June 2013, 20:55
Good luck for the Future,are we all jealous ??? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pete/London
20th June 2013, 21:04
Good luck for the future, cant you buy a small flat in your kids name just for peace of mind, might even bring you in a bit of rent to help with your expenses in the P.I.

imagine
20th June 2013, 21:16
Good luck for the future, cant you buy a small flat in your kids name just for peace of mind, might even bring you in a bit of rent to help with your expenses in the P.I.
thanks Pete,
no flat for the kids :biggrin: if i was to do that i may as well have rented my house,which was at one point a consideration,i have a small mortgage as i paid a lump off to help me not use so much of my savings on mortgage payments, so when sold there will be plenty to keep me going,then in 6 yrs time i get my pension, at the same time lolita will get hers too, we are a good team and put together our ideas and resources to provide between us a comfortable enough living in phil, with no stress, dont get me wrong, she does very well alone without me

imagine
20th June 2013, 21:18
Good luck for the Future,are we all jealous ??? :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
21st June 2013, 00:59
Well!! Imagine that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I don't really know enough about your personal circumstances to comment if I think its a good idea or not..
The first most important consideration is an adequate renewable monthly income,which I`m sure you will have made provision for.
My advice is to live here for a year or even two to make sure that the Philippines is really for you before deciding to invest even small portions of the proceeds of your house sale.
Take your time and enjoy finding out.
I would advise keeping a large chunk of readily available cash in an easily accessible bank account to keep you both safe in regards Medical emergencies etc etc etc etc! But I`m sure you knew that.

Best to apply for your 13a visa in the UK.. Try to start that process ASAP as it can take a while collecting all of the requirements.. There are some comprehensive threads about this on the forum.

Congratulations!!
Welcome to our paradise club.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gladz
21st June 2013, 03:12
Best of luck in your decision to move here Imagine.I hope you'll enjoy and be happy for the rest of your life in the arms of your sweetheart.:heartshape1:

imagine
21st June 2013, 08:27
Well!! Imagine that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I don't really know enough about your personal circumstances to comment if I think its a good idea or not..
The first most important consideration is an adequate renewable monthly income,which I`m sure you will have made provision for.
My advice is to live here for a year or even two to make sure that the Philippines is really for you before deciding to invest even small portions of the proceeds of your house sale.
Take your time and enjoy finding out.
I would advise keeping a large chunk of readily available cash in an easily accessible bank account to keep you both safe in regards Medical emergencies etc etc etc etc! But I`m sure you knew that.

Best to apply for your 13a visa in the UK.. Try to start that process ASAP as it can take a while collecting all of the requirements.. There are some comprehensive threads about this on the forum.

Congratulations!!
Welcome to our paradise club. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks for advice fred,regarding investing, i know the risks, i have been on this forum long enough to learn there are downsides ect, i have a figure i am prepared to risk,which is less than a quater of whatever i get for my house,and will be used a step at a time,to improve what lolita already has.which will increase income for us both,with the intention that this income will pay my medicines and day to day living,and should provde exccess of this,lolita is on a teachers pay,plus income from what she owns,
approx a further quarter banked over there for emergencies, the remaining half in uk bank, under the care of my attorney, one of my daughters, :xxgrinning--00xx3:
the 13a i cant apply for in uk, as i am not yet married, but i intend to get police clearance etc before i go

Pete/London
21st June 2013, 12:50
Don't forget to take your tools, they need good plumbers :biggrin:

grahamw48
21st June 2013, 13:47
Too true.

He'll soon become an expert at replacing tap washers on those local :censored: 'quality' ones, if nothing else. :NoNo:

imagine
21st June 2013, 16:52
yes i thought about all my £££££s worth of tools, i dont think i can take them, 1 the weight of them all, and it seems to be difficult to get balakbayan box service up here,
i cant imagine a cardboard box holding all the weight anyway,though i could minimise what i have,
i got an abundance of tools, from plumbers tools to mechanics spanners and socket sets etc,
what d'i do :Erm: sell em off cheap, buy what i need there

imagine
21st June 2013, 16:56
more house sale news, the viewer who came well, i got a call this afternoon from estate agents,
and the viewer has made an offer over my asking price, :omg: its too quick panic , im not ready :yikes:

well so far so good, now its a matter of waiting to see if the viewer can get the mortgage approved,before i celebrate

grahamw48
21st June 2013, 16:57
Well I knew I'd be building lots of stuff (plus I'd planned on constructing my own vehicle), so I did have all my tools sent out in my balikbayan boxes...no problems.

Quality tools are expensive, but very useful. Only wish I hadn't left them all behind in the Phils later, when my marriage went tits up. :bigcry:

grahamw48
21st June 2013, 16:59
more house sale news, the viewer who came well, i got a call this afternoon from estate agents,
and the viewer has made an offer over my asking price, :omg: its too quick panic , im not ready :yikes:

well so far so good, now its a matter of waiting to see if the viewer can get the mortgage approved,before i celebrate

Yep, don't start counting chickens yet. Lots of timewasters, dreamers and tyre kickers out there. :NoNo:

Good luck with it though...bird in the hand and all that. :smile:

fred
21st June 2013, 17:04
Yep, don't start counting chickens yet. Lots of timewasters, dreamers and tyre kickers out there. :NoNo:

Good luck with it though...bird in the hand and all that. :smile:

You say that and thats what I thought 8 years ago..
Then the first viewer couldn't wait to get rid of me.
Being a perfect English Gentleman,I kindly obliged! :biggrin:

imagine
21st June 2013, 17:04
iv so much to do and find out yet, :yikes:
from cni to police check to 13a, and whats best for me for transfering monies, i dont mind transfer fees of about £25, as long as its safe, and an acceptable exchange rate,
i dont think i would risk sending more than 2 grand in one go, i thought better to do more than one send rather than one big one,
advices on anything appreciated,

im thinking monday to go registra office for advice for cni application, as its different from england,if i come back with application form then i can prepare it ready, but dont want to apply too soon, same with police check not apply too soon,

fred
21st June 2013, 17:13
same with police check not apply too soon,

Took me 4 months to receive mine.

grahamw48
21st June 2013, 17:19
iv so much to do and find out yet, :yikes:
from cni to police check to 13a, and whats best for me for transfering monies, i dont mind transfer fees of about £25, as long as its safe, and an acceptable exchange rate,
i dont think i would risk sending more than 2 grand in one go, i thought better to do more than one send rather than one big one,
advices on anything appreciated,

im thinking monday to go registra office for advice for cni application, as its different from england,if i come back with application form then i can prepare it ready, but dont want to apply too soon, same with police check not apply too soon,

I gave my dad power of attorney. :)

Easy for him to settle things here....last bills etc, or to send money.

Worked well. :)

You could do the same with your solicitor, but you'd be charged of course.

imagine
21st June 2013, 17:27
Took me 4 months to receive mine.

you applied while in uk or from phil?

imagine
21st June 2013, 17:28
I gave my dad power of attorney. :)

Easy for him to settle things here....last bills etc, or to send money.

Worked well. :)

You could do the same with your solicitor, but you'd be charged of course.

my eldest daughter has power of attorney for me, i did it over 3 years ago cost about £250

stevewool
21st June 2013, 17:34
all exciting news Stewart

imagine
21st June 2013, 17:36
:biggrin:
all exciting news Stewart

stevewool
21st June 2013, 17:41
do you mind me asking Stewart, what have you budgeted for your monthly living in the phils

fred
21st June 2013, 17:50
you applied while in uk or from phil?

UK.

grahamw48
21st June 2013, 18:09
my eldest daughter has power of attorney for me, i did it over 3 years ago cost about £250

Terpe
21st June 2013, 19:36
Don't panic Stewart, it takes time to sell a house.
The worst case scenario is that you'll perhaps rent somewhere for a month.

The important is to settle everything you need to whilst your here.

Here's some homework for you :-

ACPO = Association of Chief Police Officers (http://www.acpo.police.uk/)
ACRO = ACPO Criminal Records Office (http://www.acro.police.uk/home.aspx)
PC = Police Certificate (also sometimes PCC which is a Police Clearance Certificate)(http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx)

imagine
21st June 2013, 19:39
do you mind me asking Stewart, what have you budgeted for your monthly living in the phils

right now i don't have a worked out budget, Lolita has income, i have no rents to pay,
i guess our shared budget will be just a little more for 2 persons rather than 1, perhaps because i will at least at first have a preference to any english type food, so expect a little more cost,
on top of that i have my medicines to buy, chest xray every 6 months for about another 3 more years,at the oncology doctors visits, i have 2 injections 3 monthly, 1 vit b12,and 1 obedo oily,doc alan will know what that is ,daily i need magnesium tabs, and possibly will still need creon tabs,
these will be my biggest expense,as i say lita works and has a store door income,i will be building doors on land she already owns to provide income for meds ect, and figure it will take about 3 yrs to get my investment returned from them, but my meds ect not calculated into that yet, so maybe over 3 yrs, also i am going to buy a new motorella put on hire one of her brothers, after 1 year to 18months we will have the moterella investment back, after 3 years , sell it, and replace with a new one again, this is roughly the plan,
the unexpected ie, falling ill either me or lolita, i will have an allocated amount banked in phil, for emergencies such as admittance to hospital, i will be covered by her phil care for a percent of the cost, the rest paid from incomes and savings, a bigger amount left in uk for extreme emergencies,
we both are sensible persons with finance, i am sure we will fair ok,
sorry i cant help you with ideas of budget costs

imagine
21st June 2013, 19:48
UK.

that was some time back perhaps? from what i researched, maybe its faster now, off hand i think its about a week to process, maybe 2 weeks at most, i hope so anyway, but then worst comes to worst, maybe my attorney is allowed to get my basic disclosure , notorised, legalised and cetified for me,
if not i guess unwillingly i will have to visit back to uk to get it

imagine
21st June 2013, 20:07

PC = Police Certificate (also sometimes PCC which is a Police Clearance Certificate)(http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx)

thanks peter, is basic disclosure not quite the same these?
as its basic disclosure i have been thinking to get

stevewool
21st June 2013, 20:08
right now i don't have a worked out budget, Lolita has income, i have no rents to pay,
i guess our shared budget will be just a little more for 2 persons rather than 1, perhaps because i will at least at first have a preference to any english type food, so expect a little more cost,
on top of that i have my medicines to buy, chest xray every 6 months for about another 3 more years,at the oncology doctors visits, i have 2 injections 3 monthly, 1 vit b12,and 1 obedo oily,doc alan will know what that is ,daily i need magnesium tabs, and possibly will still need creon tabs,
these will be my biggest expense,as i say lita works and has a store door income,i will be building doors on land she already owns to provide income for meds ect, and figure it will take about 3 yrs to get my investment returned from them, but my meds ect not calculated into that yet, so maybe over 3 yrs, also i am going to buy a new motorella put on hire one of her brothers, after 1 year to 18months we will have the moterella investment back, after 3 years , sell it, and replace with a new one again, this is roughly the plan,
the unexpected ie, falling ill either me or lolita, i will have an allocated amount banked in phil, for emergencies such as admittance to hospital, i will be covered by her phil care for a percent of the cost, the rest paid from incomes and savings, a bigger amount left in uk for extreme emergencies,
we both are sensible persons with finance, i am sure we will fair ok,
sorry i cant help you with ideas of budget costs

a lot of planning and thinking together you both have, all sounds well to me and we all wish you the best, i see you are going onto doors too, thats what Ems would like to do too

imagine
21st June 2013, 20:10
UK.

4 months :Erm: must have been a bad lad in your past then Fred , a lot of records for them to process :icon_lol::icon_lol:
did this 4 months also include getting your 13a in uk
back to tools,

spanners ect, are they all metric in phil?

copper pipe, and threaded plumbing fittings. sizes, 15mm and 22mm same as uk?

Terpe
21st June 2013, 20:19
thanks peter, is basic disclosure not quite the same these?
as its basic disclosure i have been thinking to get

For 13a:-

1.If the applicant has been in the Philippines for less than six (6) months, he shall attach to his application a Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy / Consulate at the place of issuance or nearest to it, with English translation, if written in another foreign language.
2.If the applicant has been in the Philippines for six (6) months or more, he shall, in addition to the Police Clearance from his country of origin or residence prior to his arrival in the Philippines, attach to his application a National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance.

imagine
21st June 2013, 20:52
For 13a:-
yes for aquiring 13a
i thought basic disclosure was a police clearance?

looks like safer to go with the police clearance from your links ,, apro , acro

imagine
21st June 2013, 21:47

thanks Peter, these links are much more informative than the basic disclosure i was looking at,

it looks like i will need to contact phil embassy, first to confirm if they accept acpo and acro,
i read also at acro they say the certificate is normaly valid by embassies for 6 months, so i can make a start on the application maybe this weekend,a couple of misdemeanors in my youth but think should be ok,

one other thing , when printing an application form which is the right way, print both sides of paper? or single sheets ?

imagine
21st June 2013, 22:04
i dont see any difference between acpo and acpo, they seem to be the same organisation:Erm:

fred
22nd June 2013, 03:28
4 months :Erm: must have been a bad lad in your past then Fred , a lot of records for them to process :icon_lol::icon_lol:
did this 4 months also include getting your 13a in uk
back to tools,

spanners ect, are they all metric in phil?

copper pipe, and threaded plumbing fittings. sizes, 15mm and 22mm same as uk?

Clean record of course!! Thats just how long it took to arrive..
I started the 13a application 6 months before leaving to acquire requirements.. My doctor let me down quite badly and was very very slow helping me to arrange the med tests.. He charged me 100.00 Quid for the medical and the tests were extra.. XRay for example was 100.00.. (Sorry,no Pound key on keyboard)
Anyway.. 6 months was tight (timewise) for me.

Forget copper pipes!! They don't use them here.. All G.I and PVC pipes and fittings..
Strange when you think they have some of the biggest copper deposits in the world!

imagine
22nd June 2013, 08:09
Clean record of course!! Thats just how long it took to arrive..
I started the 13a application 6 months before leaving to acquire requirements.. My doctor let me down quite badly and was very very slow helping me to arrange the med tests.. He charged me 100.00 Quid for the medical and the tests were extra.. XRay for example was 100.00.. (Sorry,no Pound key on keyboard)
Anyway.. 6 months was tight (timewise) for me.

Forget copper pipes!! They don't use them here.. All G.I and PVC pipes and fittings..
Strange when you think they have some of the biggest copper deposits in the world!

ok i can sell off my pipe bender and copper fittings ,blow lamp etc,

metric spanners there?

imagine
22nd June 2013, 08:19
a lot of planning and thinking together you both have, all sounds well to me and we all wish you the best, i see you are going onto doors too, thats what Ems would like to do too

mine and litas opinion that doors we think are the safest investment,guaranteed return, no working involved,better than running a store too with all that store cash not safe :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
22nd June 2013, 08:23
metric spanners there?

You can use metric spanners here. If they are good quality i would ship them over.

imagine
22nd June 2013, 08:29
You can use metric spanners here. If they are good quality i would ship them over.
good, so i can leave behind my imperial size spanners :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
27th June 2013, 14:06
got a legal letter today from estate agent solicitors, offer for house now on paper and asking for immediate response to confirm entry dates etc etc etc, :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:yikes: panic :icon_lol: i can feel my adrenalin running, so much to do , can i cope :Erm: :icon_lol:

jake
27th June 2013, 14:14
:xxgrinning--00xx3: Good news.

YOLO!

grahamw48
27th June 2013, 14:15
Good news...subject to their mortgage being approved and finalised. :wink:

imagine
27th June 2013, 14:32
Good news...subject to their mortgage being approved and finalised. :wink:

i think going by the legal wording that the mortgage must have been approved,i have to now accept the offer legally this will be a contract that if they or i back out a claim for losses can be made by eitherside,
taking a walk to estate agents shortly, il ask along with other questions i have regarding this contract letter

grahamw48
27th June 2013, 14:51
I think I'd be showing it to my solicitor first, before ruling out other potential buyers.

Sounds like you're selling too cheap. :biggrin:

imagine
27th June 2013, 17:15
I think I'd be showing it to my solicitor first, before ruling out other potential buyers.

my estate agent is solicitors and estate agents, they all seem to be combined together here, i am happy with the offer it far exceeds my expectations, and more than paid me back for all the work iv done in the house, it looks great and so does the money:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
27th June 2013, 18:47
so does the money :icon_lol:

Bet :REGamblMoney01HL1: it does, Stewart ... what colour's the money? :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
27th June 2013, 19:13
Well done Stewart!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
27th June 2013, 19:33
Nice one Stewart, check your inbox as well. Got something that might interest you.

imagine
27th June 2013, 20:25

imagine
28th June 2013, 16:42

just advertised at the right time, that someone looking for what i had at the same time,otherwise id expect to be waiting on a buyer for months maybe a year in some cases iv heard of taking 2 yrs and a big drop in price just to get sold

imagine
28th June 2013, 16:47
this morning i completed my basic disclosure online paid and emailed required documents,now just to wait the 10 to 14 days they say it takes, so that one job out the way:biggrin:just hope iv not started too soon its got to stay valid till i get to phil and don my ball and chain, married,then i can apply for my 13a, and the remaining time here getting it notorized ect
so the ball is rolling and seems to be picking up speed:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
28th June 2013, 17:20
got a legal letter today from estate agent solicitors, offer for house now on paper and asking for immediate response to confirm entry dates etc etc etc, :xxgrinning--00xx3:
:yikes: panic :icon_lol: i can feel my adrenalin running, so much to do , can i cope :Erm: :icon_lol:

Sounds a wonderful start Stewart :Jump:

Would be a good idea to have a meeting with the estate agent and get to understand what that letter means in terms of legal liabilities etc and also to discuss dates and conditions etc.
Usually the date of their entry is dependent upon the money being deposited to your account and confirmed by the bank.
DO NOT allow them to move in before that. Period.

Honestly Stewart, if you happy with the price and can live with their planned moving-in date then personally I wouldn't be too tough in any negotiations over the smaller issues. Sound like they have the money signed-off and also there's no chain. All good signs.

Someone's looking out for you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
28th June 2013, 17:31
Sounds a wonderful start Stewart :Jump:

Would be a good idea to have a meeting with the estate agent and get to understand what that letter means in terms of legal liabilities etc and also to discuss dates and conditions etc.
Usually the date of their entry is dependent upon the money being deposited to your account and confirmed by the bank.
DO NOT allow them to move in before that. Period.

Honestly Stewart, if you happy with the price and can live with their planned moving-in date then personally I wouldn't be too tough in any negotiations over the smaller issues. Sound like they have the money signed-off and also there's no chain. All good signs.

Someone's looking out for you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

the letter had all the conditions even down to my having to give warranty for central heating breakdown of costs over £300 no liability if under £300, period of warranty only 5 days,the completion date was asking for my suggested date and to be agreed now with the buyer,these papers i took to estate agent and discussed the letter and liabilities yesterday, everything cosha and on track so far,the estate agent says it usualy takes 6 weeks now from that letter to completion date,i asked for 7 weeks to make sure i have enough time to do my stuffs:xxgrinning--00xx3:
the offer is in and according to scottish law if either party backs out one can claim costs and expenses incured,
on the entry date, by 3pm i must be out of the property keys handed over ,at the same time the monies from buyer for house has to be paid to the solicitor, then signed sealed delivered, im homeless lol,after which my solicitor pays off my outstanding mortgage settlement, and deposits the rest in my bank, then i will have a heart attack looking at my ballance lol

gWaPito
28th June 2013, 18:41
yes i know a one way ticket wont do me any good :biggrin:
thanks for info on that onward ticket , nice and cheap :xxgrinning--00xx3:
I'm surprised and happy for you Stewart...like a few of us on here, you've had more than your share of bad luck.
I pray it all works out for you both.

Cheers
Mark

imagine
28th June 2013, 18:46
thanks Mark, theres always light at the end of the tunnel my friend :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Iani
29th June 2013, 14:30
Well I'm late into this thread, but really happy for you fella.

Especially good news that the house has sold so quickly.

As you know, there will be ups and downs to this next chapter in your life, but with a backup plan just in case.....well we just have to give it a go don't we?

The alternative is to look back and maybe regret, you've just got to go for it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
29th June 2013, 14:54
Well I'm late into this thread, but really happy for you fella.

Especially good news that the house has sold so quickly.

As you know, there will be ups and downs to this next chapter in your life, but with a backup plan just in case.....well we just have to give it a go don't we?

The alternative is to look back and maybe regret, you've just got to go for it :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
5th July 2013, 12:06
Just want to wish you both all the luck in the world Stewart.
What a great choice you've made there mate.
Please stay in touch with us here :)

Mabuhay!
5th July 2013, 12:53
Wow, are you retiring imagine! I wish I am too! I just registered couple of hours ago because I would want to know Filipinos in Aberdeen, seems you're leaving? :-(

imagine
5th July 2013, 12:59
Just want to wish you both all the luck in the world Stewart.
What a great choice you've made there mate.
Please stay in touch with us here :)

thanks nick:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mabuhay!
5th July 2013, 13:09
Hi there gwapito, I am new in this forum :-) I hope you wont mind if I ask if you know some Filipino or friends of Filipinos who are living in Aberdeen :-) Thank you! Have ahappy weekend!

imagine
5th July 2013, 13:11
Wow, are you retiring imagine! I wish I am too! I just registered couple of hours ago because I would want to know Filipinos in Aberdeen, seems you're leaving? :-(

early retirement for me, yes im leaving, if the mountain can't come to mohamid then mohamid must go to the mountain :icon_lol:

Terpe
5th July 2013, 16:26

Hi there gwapito, I am new in this forum :-) I hope you wont mind if I ask if you know some Filipino or friends of Filipinos who are living in Aberdeen :-) Thank you! Have ahappy weekend!

Mabuhay, Mabuhay!
What's that on your mind about Aberdeen ?

Would you like me to help you start a new thread of your own rather than taking this one off-topic ?
Then I can move all your posts into your thread :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th July 2013, 16:49

your in france, are you planning to move to aberdeen? is you banana in aberdeen

imagine
5th July 2013, 16:51

your in france, whats the attraction to aberdeen

fred
13th July 2013, 10:58
Ive just noticed that the 13a visa rules may have changed..

Note: The non-quota immigrant visa is a one-year multiple entry visa which should be renewed in
the Philippines for three (3) consecutive years. On the fourth year (3rd renewal), the applicant may
apply for permanent residency in the Philippines.

http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content.../visaform3.pdf (http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/visaform3.pdf)

Embassy of the Philippines
6-8 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG

imagine
13th July 2013, 11:47
Ive just noticed that the 13a visa rules may have changed..

http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content.../visaform3.pdf (http://philembassy-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/visaform3.pdf)

Embassy of the Philippines
6-8 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG

oh blimey,

it reads as though applying while in uk:Erm:

surely i can still take legalised notorized police check to philippines just the same,
so if applying in philippines for 13a, then medical reports ect can be done by philippine doctors,

i cant get 13a in uk cos im not married yet,

i thought i had it all worked out,
now this confuses the heck out of me:Erm:

jonnijon
13th July 2013, 13:04
Anyone going for NBI check here in Phills do it in plenty of time before you need it. Went for mine yesterday and they put a HIT on me straight away, thats another 1,500 peso sir because we have to send to Manilla, come back in 15 working days :cwm23: Think they do this to all KANO. :REGamblMoney01HL1:

fred
13th July 2013, 23:49
i thought i had it all worked out,
now this confuses the heck out of me:Erm:

Welcome to the Philippines!!!!:icon_lol:

jonnijon
14th July 2013, 10:33
Dont need medical checks if you get 13a in the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Why not come here, get married then apply for your 13a. You will get 1 year probationary then apply for permanent after 1 year.

imagine
14th July 2013, 12:00
Dont need medical checks if you get 13a in the Philippines :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Why not come here, get married then apply for your 13a. You will get 1 year probationary then apply for permanent after 1 year.

thats what i am doing, just need to get my police check legalized here before i go :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
14th July 2013, 12:05
When do you think you will be flying Stewart?

imagine
14th July 2013, 12:10
When do you think you will be flying Stewart?

my completion date for house sale is 16th august, i will then go stay at my daughters while i tie up any loose ends, so i think probably september :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th July 2013, 17:51
so quick Stewart, when the time comes for me i hope it will be as quick

Terpe
14th July 2013, 19:03

When it's our time for moving (getting closer all the time) it'll be quick.
We're gradually getting rid of everything.

I think I may have an idea on who could be interested in buying my lovely petrol lawn mower with Briggs and Stratton engine. Starts first time everytime. Self-propelling capability.
Fred??? are you reading?

imagine
14th July 2013, 19:58

When it's our time for moving (getting closer all the time) it'll be quick.
We're gradually getting rid of everything.

I think I may have an idea on who could be interested in buying my lovely petrol lawn mower with Briggs and Stratton engine. Starts first time everytime. Self-propelling capability.
Fred??? are you reading?

maybe you should start a bid for it :biggrin:

good you have a reliable one, iv yet to see a petrol mower that doesn't give bother thats why i like my hover its electric but no bother :icon_lol:

im almost got rid of everything, just to fill my 3 jumbo boxes and that will do me,+ my suitcase,

got my basic disclosure now,was contemplating taking it to london phil embassy instead of all this legalization and notary nonsense, for posting, but i guess il end up doing the postal way

imagine
14th July 2013, 19:59

oh its great to retire early:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
14th July 2013, 21:42
well my date to retire early is december 2018, sounds so far away but just 66 pay days or sooner

Michael Parnham
14th July 2013, 21:50
Gosh Steve you're really excited, why don't you go for a couple of weeks during the next few months, it'll do you good and don't say you can't afford it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
14th July 2013, 21:56
Gosh Steve you're really excited, why don't you go for a couple of weeks during the next few months, it'll do you good and don't say you can't afford it! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

he's sewn his pockets up and super glued his wallet, how can he afford to :laugher::laugher:

hawk
14th July 2013, 23:03
can i have your driving job when you go really need to get back driving hgv lol good luck on your move mate

grahamw48
14th July 2013, 23:35
Me too, if my licence hadn't expired about 15 years ago. :cwm3:

stevewool
15th July 2013, 06:41

i am excited Michael and i could go over there too, but its Ems work, its trying to get time off, we are both looking at around october but remember this year will be the british natrulisation too, so maybe early next year

stevewool
15th July 2013, 06:42
can i have your driving job when you go really need to get back driving hgv lol good luck on your move mate

we are looking for a class one at this moment in time

stevewool
15th July 2013, 06:43
he'sewn his pockets up and super glued his wallet, how can he afford to :laugher::laugher:

pockets what are those and a wallet too thats all double dutch to me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

hawk
15th July 2013, 17:30
class 2 wagon and drag

Michael Parnham
15th July 2013, 22:22
i am excited Michael and i could go over there too, but its Ems work, its trying to get time off, we are both looking at around october but remember this year will be the british natrulisation too, so maybe early next year

Well, we will be going next year after Maritess has completed her ILR!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th July 2013, 16:11
just had a phone call from estate agent solictors,

my house is officially sold :Jump::Jump:

Doc Alan
19th July 2013, 16:28
Great news Stewart :Hellooo:.

grahamw48
19th July 2013, 16:58

Good man.

Onwards and upwards. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
19th July 2013, 17:32
ain't no stopping me now :coolchickendance: im on the move:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
20th July 2013, 07:40

:Jump::Jump:

What good timing Stewart.

stevewool
20th July 2013, 07:43
BRILLIANT:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

andy222
20th July 2013, 08:51
superb news imagine.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
20th July 2013, 08:54
i cant begin to tell you what im feeling :Jump::Jump::Jump:

Nick30
4th August 2013, 17:57
Please keep us all up to date mate.

imagine
4th August 2013, 18:27
count down is on now to completion on house sale, 12 more days and im homeless in uk:biggrin:

Ako Si Jamie
4th August 2013, 20:56
Great news about the sale Stewart. When are you off to Bukidnon then?

imagine
4th August 2013, 21:09
Great news about the sale Stewart. When are you off to Bukidnon then?

i will go to my daughters when i leave the house stay for about 4 weeks with her, tidy up any loose ends, my flights are booked for 15th september:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
5th August 2013, 12:54
I must admit Stewart, your story has been really interesting and I'm so pleased that you managed to sell your house so quickly and easily. I may be a little early but Maritess and I wish you a good flight and a wonderful future in your new abode, good luck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th August 2013, 13:00
I must admit Stewart, your story has been really interesting and I'm so pleased that you managed to sell your house so quickly and easily. I may be a little early but Maritess and I wish you a good flight and a wonderful future in your new abode, good luck! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks Michael and Maritess :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
12th August 2013, 16:42
That's amazing Stewart :D so pleased for you on this very exciting time.

imagine
12th August 2013, 17:59
That's amazing Stewart :D so pleased for you on this very exciting time.

thanks Nick :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
14th August 2013, 20:09
just a few more days in my house now, moved some of my things to my daughters today,

tomorrow thursday evening i shall move out and stay with my daughter, friday i hand keys in completion day by 3pm,

then my count down begins :biggrin:

stevewool
14th August 2013, 20:16
amazing Stewart, so quick it has been, youy have not had time to sit and take stock yet i recon, must be amazing what you are going through, must be highs and some lows too, but i wish i was a step behind you in what you are doing

imagine
14th August 2013, 20:39
amazing Stewart, so quick it has been, youy have not had time to sit and take stock yet i recon, must be amazing what you are going through, must be highs and some lows too, but i wish i was a step behind you in what you are doing

been hard work, preparing for documents, sorting all my accumilation of belongings ect, so much to do in a short time, excited but the preparing took the edge off a little, but now im mostly done, iv yet still to pack my balakbayan boxes, but will do that at my daughters, my other 2 daughters im hoping to see before i go

Stuart
14th August 2013, 20:56
Wow brave choice :biggrin: I really hope it works for you. Got a feeling many will follow you very soon, the way things are going in this country!!!! Best of luck and Best wishes!!! Be sure to keep us all posted on how things go. :Wave:

Regards, Stu & Marj... :love2:

imagine
14th August 2013, 20:59
Wow brave choice :biggrin: I really hope it works for you. Got a feeling many will follow you very soon, the way things are going in this country!!!! Best of luck and Best wishes!!! Be sure to keep us all posted on how things go. :Wave:

Regards, Stu & Marj... :love2:

imagine
21st August 2013, 21:34
can you believe it my house sale completed on the 16th and its the 21st today and im having to chase up the estate agent solicitors for my money,
i need it now or i will miss the good exchange rate £ to peso:mad: plus it will be a cheque so will be laying in the bank another five days,
i just hope theres no mistakes :ReadIt:with the amount because it doesn't leave me much time to sort it out:NoNo:
today when i called them, yes it will be in the post this evening

grahamw48
21st August 2013, 21:44
They want it earning interest in THEIR bank.

imagine
21st August 2013, 21:51
it would have to have been sorted if id been buying another house,

yes they stealing my interest :censored:

raynaputi
21st August 2013, 22:07
Good luck on the move Stewart..We can only wish you all the best with your new and exciting life in the Philippines soon, with your lovely Lolita of course! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gWaPito
21st August 2013, 22:12
it would have to have been sorted if id been buying another house,

yes they stealing my interest :censored:

It's how they play the game here Stewart. .you'll be in paradise soon enough. .this'll be all but a distant memory. ..lucky you! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
21st August 2013, 22:16
Good luck on the move Stewart..We can only wish you all the best with your new and exciting life in the Philippines soon, with your lovely Lolita of course! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
21st August 2013, 22:17
It's how they play the game here Stewart. .you'll be in paradise soon enough. .this'll be all but a distant memory. ..lucky you! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

yes soon , its passing quickly now, im on count down less than 4 weeks to go:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3::Jump:

imagine
23rd August 2013, 22:08
well good news i got the cheque this afternoon, now its a bank holiday on monday , i couldn't get to bank today, so hope they open saturday morning, want to get it cleared before this good exchange rate falls

Arthur Little
23rd August 2013, 22:49
well good news i got the cheque this afternoon, now its a bank holiday on monday , i couldn't get to bank today, so hope they open saturday morning, want to get it cleared before this good exchange rate falls

Stewart ... if you're with Bank of Scotland, then ... yes ... most of its [main] branches are open until 3 o'clock on Saturdays. And I should imagine ('scuse pun! :biggrin:) many of the other banks are likely to be too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
24th August 2013, 14:20
thanks Arthur, my daughter deposited my cheque this morning for me, they said it will take 2 to 7 days to clear , stay up there peso just a bit longer:biggrin: 69 to 70 will do me fine

Terpe
24th August 2013, 16:10
thanks Arthur, my daughter deposited my cheque this morning for me, they said it will take 2 to 7 days to clear , stay up there peso just a bit longer:biggrin: 69 to 70 will do me fine

69.10 at iRemit right now

imagine
24th August 2013, 16:38
69.10 at iRemit right now

be nice if it goes up more in time for my cheque clearance ,,, wishful thinking :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
24th August 2013, 16:54
be nice if it goes up more in time for my cheque clearance ,,, wishful thinking :biggrin:

Anything is possible Stewart, 'good' luck with that! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
24th August 2013, 17:14
whooooo 3 weeks tomorrow and i will be flying away :Jump::Jump:

Doc Alan
24th August 2013, 17:18
You will really be counting the days now Stewart, and of course we all wish you good luck over the next three weeks, and then in the Philippines with Lolita :xxgrinning--00xx3:.

imagine
25th August 2013, 13:57
You will really be counting the days now Stewart, and of course we all wish you good luck over the next three weeks, and then in the Philippines with Lolita :xxgrinning--00xx3:.
thanks Doc Alan, just a few more loose ends to tidy up now :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
25th August 2013, 14:13
whooooo 3 weeks tomorrow and i will be flying away :Jump::Jump:

Nice to hear everything is going to plan. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
28th August 2013, 14:02
cant find the thread i had something about scottish cni, anyhow it was 15 days wait to collect after applying, i picked it up on monday 26th aug, and it is valid from that date ,
not from the date of application :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th September 2013, 13:08
just 10 more days to go before i board that :airline::biggrin:

Arthur Little
5th September 2013, 13:24
just 10 more days to go before i board that :airline::biggrin:

Oh ... :cwm24: ... WOW! Stewart ... I can imagine :biggrin: ('scuse pun) your excitement. :Jump:

imagine
5th September 2013, 13:44
Oh ... :cwm24: ... WOW! Stewart ... I can imagine :biggrin: ('scuse pun) your excitement. :Jump:

:biggrin::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sars_notd_virus
5th September 2013, 14:08
good luck with the move Stewart!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th September 2013, 14:31
good luck with the move Stewart!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
5th September 2013, 20:01
Really enjoyed reading this thread Stewart, have a good journey and I'm sure you will keep us posted on your new life and I for one am really looking forward to the future episode of you and your loved one in the Philippines. Wishing you all the best! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
5th September 2013, 22:48
Really enjoyed reading this thread Stewart, have a good journey and I'm sure you will keep us posted on your new life and I for one am really looking forward to the future episode of you and your loved one in the Philippines. Wishing you all the best!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

thank you Michael :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
10th September 2013, 16:54
All the best Stewart and many blessings to you both as you begin your brand new life together. As others said, please keep in touch. :)

imagine
11th September 2013, 14:25
All the best Stewart and many blessings to you both as you begin your brand new life together. As others said, please keep in touch. :)

imagine
11th September 2013, 14:27
this week passing so quickly , flying sunday bye bye uk :Hellooo::Jump::Jump:

Terpe
11th September 2013, 14:33
this week passing so quickly , flying sunday bye bye uk :Hellooo::Jump::Jump:

I really do envy you Stewart in so many ways. Sincere best wishes for a shining future and many memorable moments. :Jump:

I'll be watching out for your follow ups once you get settled............I'm not so far behind you and still picking up speed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bon Voyage
Advance congrats on the wedding
Happy house warming

imagine
11th September 2013, 16:55
I really do envy you Stewart in so many ways. Sincere best wishes for a shining future and many memorable moments. :Jump:

I'll be watching out for your follow ups once you get settled............I'm not so far behind you and still picking up speed. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bon Voyage
Advance congrats on the wedding
Happy house warming

thanks Peter, see you when you get there :xxgrinning--00xx3:

imagine
14th September 2013, 20:01
this is my last log in now from uk, see you on the other side :biggrin:,

i will be on the forum when i have some news, of course i am going to be busy once im there,but soon as i have news i will be here to give updates,
have fun friends , i know i will ,
bye for now :Wave:

Terpe
14th September 2013, 20:18
Looks like I just made it back home and log-in and I can see you're still online so............all the very best, safe trip and happy days to you both.

We'll all be thinking of you.
Let me know how the 13a goes...pleeeeeeze.

God Bless

andy222
14th September 2013, 20:33
All the best stewart.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nick30
15th September 2013, 16:46
All the best Stewart mate and many blessings to you both :)