PDA

View Full Version : how much for your place in the sun

stevewool
20th June 2013, 18:01
what is the cost of your place in the sun, whether its a very grand house or just a nippa hut, what would you except to pay,
Myself i am looking for that place that i can improve over time,as long as its in a safe place and you feel comfortable in the area thats so important , so how much, if i was to say i have £50,000 to spend what would i expect to find, any ideas , not in a city at all

Michael Parnham
20th June 2013, 19:38
A friend of mine built a beautiful bungalow in Dumaguete for£35,000 large kitchen diner, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, office and decent sized lounge Cavity walls and upvc double glazing. The UK type insulation worked very well saves a lot of money when using aircon as it hardly ever kicks in, it took a year to build!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
21st June 2013, 14:04
Steve, myself or any other members who live in the Philippines cannot give you an answer to that question without a lot more details. :smile:

You will have to buy some land first. Do you have any idea of how many sqm or hectares you want?

tiger31
21st June 2013, 14:31
don,t worry steve 50k will buy you a very nice pad in bohol thats for sure but its best to buy plot and build your own design you will have plenty of change left out of 50k lol

Steve.r
21st June 2013, 15:27
Steve, my place house and lot was about 22k so you know how big it is. Now that we have extended the mosquito breeding area into another self contained house I guess the value has increased by now. I think 50k is plenty to secure a nice pad.

stevewool
21st June 2013, 17:44
thanks gang, jake the lot size i would like is 1000 sq meters or more, the bigger the better for me but have to watch the price too,

stevewool
21st June 2013, 17:45
Steve, my place house and lot was about 22k so you know how big it is. Now that we have extended the mosquito breeding area into another self contained house I guess the value has increased by now. I think 50k is plenty to secure a nice pad.

your place is a good size steve, what have you planned for the new build, renting ?????

stevewool
21st June 2013, 17:46
don,t worry steve 50k will buy you a very nice pad in bohol thats for sure but its best to buy plot and build your own design you will have plenty of change left out of 50k lol

its just getting over there Brian, i would buy tomorrow if could find the lot

stevewool
21st June 2013, 17:47
A friend of mine built a beautiful bungalow in Dumaguete for£35,000 large kitchen diner, four bedrooms, two bathrooms, office and decent sized lounge Cavity walls and upvc double glazing. The UK type insulation worked very well saves a lot of money when using aircon as it hardly ever kicks in, it took a year to build!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

all sounds wonderful Michael, just need to get over there sooner then later

grahamw48
21st June 2013, 22:02
I will be renting a bed spacer...until my business is sufficiently established to finance a Nipa House. :smile:

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4303/ax55.jpg

stevewool
21st June 2013, 22:44
i am sure a man of your needs Graham there will always be a door open and food on the table in exchange for the odd job and a story to tell of your life with pictures of course :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
21st June 2013, 23:08
Haha....kind words Steve.

I'm a proud man also. :wink:

My mother always told us to refuse food if we were out visiting anywhere, in case they thought we weren't getting fed properly at home. :icon_lol:

fred
22nd June 2013, 02:44
Haha....kind words Steve.

I'm a proud man also. :wink:

My mother always told us to refuse food if we were out visiting anywhere, in case they thought we weren't getting fed properly at home. :icon_lol:

And clean underpants..
In case you have an accident and then admitted to the local hospital.

Still cant believe Mum told me that one.

jake
22nd June 2013, 08:15
thanks gang, jake the lot size i would like is 1000 sq meters or more, the bigger the better for me but have to watch the price too,

A 1,000sqm is a reasonable size :xxgrinning--00xx3:
If it is 1,000php per sqm you will have plenty left to build something :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
22nd June 2013, 08:23
your place is a good size steve, what have you planned for the new build, renting ?????
Not renting Steve, it is going to be our refuge. But it can serve as a nice guesthouse should we have visitors (again):xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
22nd June 2013, 08:46
a nice guesthouse should we have visitors (again):xxgrinning--00xx3:[/QUOTE]

steve i am sure you will have more visitors in the near future, us included :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
22nd June 2013, 08:48
A 1,000sqm is a reasonable size :xxgrinning--00xx3:
If it is 1,000php per sqm you will have plenty left to build something :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i am always looking on differant sites for lots but i do know we will have to get over sooner to see what we can buy, Ems all for it to buy, but no to far away from people as she says,

grahamw48
22nd June 2013, 10:44
Not renting Steve, it is going to be our refuge. But it can serve as a nice guesthouse should we have visitors (again):xxgrinning--00xx3:

Where's your place again Steve ? :Erm:

stevewool
22nd June 2013, 10:48
Where's your place again Steve ? :Erm:

take the road out of the bus station, then when you go down this long road a few miles its on your right, if you pass the swimming pool on your left you have gone to far, but if you are coming the other way its on your left, i think, but know its grown in size i shall never find it, :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

grahamw48
22nd June 2013, 11:13
So, am I turning right or left out of NAIA ? :Erm:

Steve.r
22nd June 2013, 11:14
Graham, just follow Steve's directions :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
22nd June 2013, 12:54
And clean underpants..
In case you have an accident and then admitted to the local hospital.

Still cant believe Mum told me that one.

My grandma used to say the same to me Fred!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
22nd June 2013, 13:39
...and mine.

Still carrying out her orders too. :biggrin: