PDA

View Full Version : LIFE IN THE UK HANDBOOKS (borrow at your library)

melovesengland
21st June 2013, 15:46
I just want to share this as this might help our fellow members save dosh on buying Life in the United Kingdom Official Handbooks.

We was planning to buy the handbooks this month for me to start reviewing and studying for my Life in the UK test but we had a thought that Lincoln Library might have the books for me to borrow. Funnily and luckily enough they have got the full set on-hand so we made a reservation using my husbands library card.

I was only charged 75 pence (25 pence each book) for reservation fee and paid it when I collected the books today at our village library. I am due next month on returning the books but hoping to extend if I aint finish yet. Overall, I saved nearly 30 quid for the 3 books. Not bad, eh?

Try to check on your local library as they might have the copies. Its worth 75 pence anyway. :):xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

This is the link we used to check if the books are available at the library.

https://lincolnshire.spydus.co.uk/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/OPAC/BSEARCH

Dedworth
21st June 2013, 16:03
Good tip - libraries are great :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You've reminded me that I'm hacked off that a chunk of our main local library has been cordoned off for use by a private company as a Life in the UK Training and Test Centre. I'm always suspicious when public assets are used in this way by private money making operations - often rented out for a lamentably low sum by clueless public servants or someone has their snout in the trough.

melovesengland
21st June 2013, 16:37
Good tip - libraries are great :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You've reminded me that I'm hacked off that a chunk of our main local library has been cordoned off for use by a private company as a Life in the UK Training and Test Centre. I'm always suspicious when public assets are used in this way by private money making operations - often rented out for a lamentably low sum by clueless public servants or someone has their snout in the trough.

Thanks Ded!

Ooohhh, I wonder how much they pay for rent on that. Hoping its a good dosh to fund local libraries more. They do come in handy sometimes though.

Terpe
21st June 2013, 18:54
Nice one Novie :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hope it will help others too.

There's some good internet practice/sample tests available for free also. These are definitely worth while as they give a full test allowing good awareness of the multiple choice and time to complete.

Janedan0913
21st June 2013, 19:06
That's what I did, just borrowed to my local library and just paid for the reservation fee.

melovesengland
22nd June 2013, 11:38
Nice one Novie :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hope it will help others too.

There's some good internet practice/sample tests available for free also. These are definitely worth while as they give a full test allowing good awareness of the multiple choice and time to complete.

Thanks Sir Peter! Every little helps like what Tesco says. hehehehe

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
22nd June 2013, 11:39
That's what I did, just borrowed to my local library and just paid for the reservation fee.

Thats good Janedan0913. It saved us few quid didnt it? Well done you! xx