PDA

View Full Version : Solar power/ wind power

stevewool
23rd June 2013, 09:39
living in the phils would this sort of energy be worth it, yes the cost could be the problem but if you have the cash up front to pay for this would it work,
You dont read or see anything the joe public has, not like here every roof seems to have it fitted,so is it a worth while thing to install in your place in the sun, or not, any ideas lads, who has a place there in the sun

imagine
23rd June 2013, 10:26
solar pannels for electricity, does not provide enough electricity for your needs, certainly not here in uk, but maybe in phil, your electricity demand i think would be lower,
solar for hot water,does not heat to the temperature we are used to here in uk from our gas or elctric, but i dont think in phil it needs to be so hot,
it is something i am thinking about the possibility myself,
you can make and install these pannels yourself, but wether they are as efficient as pre made ones i dont know,complicated wiring for the electric ones if connecting to existing supply

jake
23rd June 2013, 11:04
The cost of solar panels is still a bit out of my price range.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/42399-Solar-panels-in-the-Philippines?highlight=solar+power

fred
23rd June 2013, 11:18
Our local hardware are displaying the first ever solar system I've seen here..
Its says its a 1000 watt system..
Problem is there`s only one panel!
60,000 PHP.

Steve.r
23rd June 2013, 11:46
i have thought of a wind turbine on a mast. We have a lot of hot wind here.

lordna
23rd June 2013, 17:09
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/42399-Solar-panels-in-the-Philippines?highlight=

joebloggs
23rd April 2014, 19:13
i've found out why there had been a large increase in solar panels popping up on the roofs near me.. , a company is offering free solar panels, they lease the space on your roof for like 25yrs.

grahamw48
23rd April 2014, 19:31
Yes, that's correct, and this is all part of my work...and has been for decades, but I'd rather keep my work separate from my posts on this board. :wink:

joebloggs
23rd April 2014, 19:36
Yes, that's correct, and this is all part of my work...and has been for decades, but I'd rather keep my work separate from my posts on this board. :wink:

i did post a link to a website but removed it :biggrin:
maybe its time they put them on every new house that is built :cwm25: then we can tell the Russians where to stick their gas :action-smiley-081:

andy222
23rd April 2014, 20:49
Solar tax?:biggrin: