PDA

View Full Version : Which uk mobile sim will work ok in philippines

imagine
23rd June 2013, 19:51
my mobile is on a vodafone sim, when i was in phil over xmas, it found the networks but wasn't allowed to connect, in amsterdam connected, no problem, in Taipei connected to a local network no problem , but manila and everywhere else i was in phil, wasnt allowed a connection, so i figure there is no network agreement with vodafone and phil,

when i go back i want with me a working uk sim,

can anyone tell me what sim they used that had no problems?

grahame 1
23rd June 2013, 20:19
last year when I was in Cebu my Vodafone pay as you go didn't connect. but when I went back in March I had changed my Vodafone pay as you go to a contract and that worked

imagine
23rd June 2013, 20:30
last year when I was in Cebu my Vodafone pay as you go didn't connect. but when I went back in March I had changed my Vodafone pay as you go to a contract and that worked
strange thing i specificaly called their help line before i went and was assured it would work on pay as you go

malditako
23rd June 2013, 20:56
my husband used O2 it wasn't pay as u go though

imagine
23rd June 2013, 21:04
my husband used O2 it wasn't pay as u go though

ok thanks,:xxgrinning--00xx3: its looking like it has to be on contract, but the how come it worked ok in Taipei Taiwan:Erm: i dont want to be paying a contract for something i wont use often

raynaputi
23rd June 2013, 21:08
Vodafone is tied up with Globe Telecoms in the Philippines. When Keith went to the Philippines, his network was fine (although he's on contract). Probably Globe has little signal in the place you stayed. And if you're on pay as you go, you might need to turn on your roaming??? :Erm:

imagine
23rd June 2013, 21:21
Vodafone is tied up with Globe Telecoms in the Philippines. When Keith went to the Philippines, his network was fine (although he's on contract). Probably Globe has little signal in the place you stayed. And if you're on pay as you go, you might need to turn on your roaming??? :Erm:

yeah roaming was on, i got connection messages back from all of the phil networks that i wasnt allowed to connect, cant remember the exact messages, as i say i connected in Taiwan ok on their networks, i know thailand works on vodafone pay as you go, have a friend who goes there, i got the signals ok manila and bukidnon, just same message